Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. M Yadagiri RaoYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic since 9 yr now taking zomelismet 50-500 and triglicomet 1 tablet at morning and triglicomet 1 at night also ecosprin' 75 at night. I want to know if I can control my sugar level with exercise I have fracture in my right leg 6 month back can not walk smoothly still. What type of exercise I can do. My fasting sugar is 135 and pp 235 around.
I am male aged 45. I suffered my health by diabetic at my age of 31. I am keeping control with in 100 some times it goes 120 with fasting.I am doing walking atleast 45 min. Drs can advise me further advise and what about my future. After diabets how long live of human life
Any immediate medicine to reduce thyroid as test shows more than 100. Started taking thyrox-100 from last 5 days. Symptoms like uneasiness and feeling hot.
I am 41 years of age. Recently I am getting blood glucose. Initially it was 130 to 140 fasting but now it is in the range of 200 to 300. I do not want to start medicine because I can not swallow them. I am on a heavier side about 100 kgs. But i am doing regular exercise. Somebody suggested me to use BGR-34. Last two days I am using that. Should I continue this? What else should I do naturally to control my diabetes?
I am gaining weight inspire of restricting my diet. I am 65 years old female with hypo thyroid please help.
|HYPOTHYROIDISM / MYXOEDEMA
Hypothyroidism is a clinical condition, which results from deficiency of thyroid hormones.
Hypothyroidism with deposition of mucinous substance in subcutaneous tissues is known as ‘myxoedema`.
|• Primary thyroid gland involvement.
• Lack of pituitary TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).
• Hypothalamic deficiency of TRH (thyrotropin-releasing hormone).
• Autoimmune thyroiditis.
• Severe iodine deficiency.
|SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:|
|• Slowing down of mental and physical functions of the body.
• Easy fatigability and tiredness.
• Body ache.
• Puffiness of face.
• Edema feet.
• Weight gain.
• Increased sensitivity to cold.
• Dryness of skin.
• Brittle nails.
• Hair fall.
• Hoarseness of voice.
• Hearing loss.
• Tendency for repeated infections.
• Muscle cramps.
• Shortness of breath.
• Mood swings.
• Slow speech.
• Menorrhagia (profuse menses).
• Occasionally rise in blood pressure.
• Avoid goitrogens (food that blocks the utilization of iodine): turnips, cabbage, mustard, cassava root, soybeans, peanuts, pine nuts and millets. Cooking usually inactivates goitrogens.
|• Increase consumption of iodine, it is an important building block of thyroid hormone:
– Sea food, meat, milk and milk, sea plants- kelp, dulse (vegetable sea food) and Japanese sea vegetables. Plants grown in iodine rich soils are also good source of iodine.
– Iodized salt is a primary source of iodine.
• Increase consumption of copper, selenium and zinc as these minerals are essential for normal thyroid hormone production and metabolism.
• Foods rich in copper:
– Meat gelatin, eggs, yeast, lamb; pork; pheasant quail; duck; goose; squid; salmon; organ meats.
– Soy and soy products, nuts and seeds, beans, legumes; almonds, broccoli, garlic; bran breads and cereals; sea plants and mushrooms.
– Dried beans - soy beans, lima beans, baked beans, dried peas; lentils; barley.
– Dried fruits including raisins, dates, prunes, avocado, Chocolate.
– Some amount of cooper is obtained from cooking in copper vessels.
• Foods rich in selenium:
– Grains, Brazil nuts, garlic, wheat germ and brewer`s yeast, fish, shellfish, eggs, red meat, chicken and liver.
• Food rich in zinc: Good dietary sources of zinc include seafood (especially oysters), beef, oatmeal, chicken, liver, spinach, nuts and seeds.
– Meat, poultry and milk, shell fish, crab, shrimp and sea plants etc.
– Plant foods are low in zinc, Whole wheat grains provide good amount of zinc.
• Increase consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, one of the PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids), as it also contributes to normal thyroid function: Fish and fish oils provide excellent forms of omega-3s as well as vitamin A, which improves thyroid receptor binding and thyroid hormone activity. Flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, cottonseed oil, maize oil, sesame oil, rich bran oil, ground nut oil, mustard oil and olive oil.
• Increase consumption of proteins - tyrosine, an amino acid is a precursor for making thyroid hormone :
– Milk and milk products, eggs (is the richest source), Flesh food: meat, fish, and poultry.
– Nuts and oilseeds, pulses, cereals.
• Mild to moderate exercise is advisable, exercise stimulates thyroid gland function.
• Practise yoga, helps in increasing tissue sensitivity to thyroid hormone.
• If myxoedema presents with complications like cardiac failure or coma consult your physician immediately. Immediate medical attention is necessary.
Note Blood test empty stomach ,,,,T3 T4 TSH