Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. LeninYour feedback matters!
I am having throat infection from last 2 years. In which when I speak more and when I go to sleep my throat suddenly choked down and it seem I would vomit but only saliva produces in my mouth. May be it is because I use to eat chilly spices food from outside like momo with its sauce and I use to have cough almost every day. The inner skin of my eyes are always red and my throat is also red. Please suggest what to do?
I am 49 years old male (weight around 61 kgs.) staying in the city of chennai, south india. I am a pure vegetarian. I am a glaucoma patient since 1983, when first diagnosed. I lost vision in my right eye by the time of diagnosis. Since 1983 I am using timolol maleate 0.5% eye drops twice daily for both my eyes and from the year 2001 my doctor suggested me in addition to timolol maleate to instill latanoprost for my left (has almost normal vision) eye at bed time to prevent any further damage. Now regular monitoring shows iop as very normal. Now my problem is not relating to eyes, but the timolol maleate I am using for past 32 years. As far as I could get information from the internet timolol maleate is beta-blocker and for the past 3 years my ldl & vldl levels are on the rise and hdl on the lower side for unknown reason though there is no major change in total cholesterol. I am not a diabetic (regularly monitored) nor hypertensive. Family doctor suggests to take drugs for the abnormal lipid profile. The other symptoms I am facing for the past 2 months are (1) total fatigue, (2) frequent cold with nasal discharge, (3) drowsiness, (4) shallow breath, (5) ringing sound in ears etc. I just wanted to know whether these symptoms are due to prolonged use of beta-blocker (timolol maleate eye drops), so that I can place before my ophthalmologist your observation and prevent any other future complications.Please tell.
I have a problem in stomach digestion system and also my ears are paining on talking on mobile phones.
I have sore throat for the past 2 days. I have tried many medicines and tonics but not got cured. I'm female of 18 yrs.
Doctor my friend has a problem and tha is his nose remains dry every time and he has tonsil problem also and his thorat is always like its does not remain clear. He has asked that can he take ROXID 150.
I am suffering from VERTIGO due to dis order of middle ear. I am taking vertizac tablet and neurozan tablet daily but can not help too much. I am very upset. How long the problem is going. What can I do to stop the problem ? When I am totally overcome this situation ? Plzz suggest me.
The dirt of my ear goes inside it because of that I am not able to listen any thing from one ear please help me tell me some ear drops which can help me THANK YOU.
I'm suffering from strong cough and throat irritates a lot. I can't sleep at night due to coughing. Help me immediately.
I am getting white mucus from thorat through nose from 3 weeks and suffering from shortness of breath please suggest me some medicine are remedies.
A good night sleep is important for good health and longevity. How many hours of sleep should one have? - this question has been answered numerous times. The ?quantity? of sleep is mostly what is talked about. What about the ?quality? of sleep? Quality of sleep is equally important. One of the common factors adversely affecting the quality of sleep is ?sleep apnea?. Let us see what that is.
People snore because there is an obstruction to breathing while asleep. This leads to a drop in the oxygen levels in the blood during sleep. There is a decrease in supply of oxygen to the vital organs like the brain, heart and lungs. Over a period of time this results in damage at the cellular level in various organs leading to pulmonary hypertension, i.E, increase in blood pressure in the lungs, systemic hypertension and increased chances of death from heart attacks and strokes, besides a number of other problems like diminished concentration, tiredness and fatigue and a general feeling of ill health.
There have been some cases where the blood pressure has been normalized by managing the sleep apnea without anti hypertensive drugs. We came across the case of a 22 year old male, normal weight, no history of smoking, tobacco or alcohol consumption, suffering from hypertension. On further review of his case, we came across the possibility of him suffering from sleep apnea. We advised him to alter his sleeping position. After about 3 months, his blood pressure had normalized. Having said that, I would like to emphasize that by no means should any individual stop his/her medicines and such decisions are better left to doctors after adequate review.
You should be concerned if you have/ are one or more of the below:
2. Are overweight/ obese
3. Suffer from hypertension.
4. Hypertension occurring in young individuals
5. Case of hypertension not responding to standard medicines at standard doses.
6. Systemic hypertension with pulmonary hypertension
7. Feel tired/drowsy/have difficulty in concentrating even after a full night sleep.
The treatment of sleep apnea could be surgical or non surgical depending on the degree and the cause of sleep apnea and obstruction. Mild cases may be treated by a simple sleep position alteration and others might require CPAP ventilation during sleep (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure). So the options for treatment are:
1. CPAP ventilation
2. Sleep position alteration
3. Oral orthotic devices
What can you do if you snore:
1. Avoid alcohol, sedative drugs and drugs that depress respiration, at or near bed time.
2. One of the following sleeping positions might help relieve the airway obstruction and thereby take care of the sleep apnea ? sleeping on ones side or sleeping with the head end of the bed at an angle of 30- 40o from the horizontal.
3. Shed some pounds and get in shape.
4. Consult a doctor and tell him about your snoring and concern about sleep apnea.
5. Get a polysomnography done (better to get it done after proper evaluation from a doctor).
6. Try to maintain a regular sleeping schedule.
I am having a sore throat now and facing the same issue every year at least 4 to 5 time. This is happening since last 10 years. Please provide any suggestions or treatment.
My mother went to ent dept.Nd junior doctors just gave gave solvin although my mother is having swelling in vocal chords. What remedies at home can be taken
I am suffering from acute sinus since many year I am continuously taking montec LC but no relief it get worse during winter. Please suggest medication.
Dizziness is usually described as variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalith repositioning by suggesting some body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the calcium deposits from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the canaliths (calcium deposits) move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.