Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LavanyaYour feedback matters!
My fbg 130 and post prandial is 283, am on metformin 500 mg in the morning and 500 mg at night for the last 7 days, am having severe gastric problems and diarrhea. Is taking insulin better in such cases?
Hi, my grandfather is suffering from diabetes from 15 years and he also has a kidney problem, creatine, urea and heart problem Plzz sugest a diet chart What and what not to eat.
My uncle is 75 years old diabetic patient last 9 years. His latest blood report is Random sugar is 74.8,creatinine is 2.9,uric acid is 6.3,ESR is 66, Haemoglobin is9. 9,serum urea is 48.1 but last 4 years he suffering from constipation problem. When he takes medicine than his stool is clear means 5 or 6 times a day otherwise it is not .Please say why it is happen and also say How to control this?
My thyroid T3 is 1.18,T4 is 8.15 & TSH is 6.46. Am taking thyrox 25 mg, how much should I increase the dosage or continue the same dosage, Please advice.
Can you tell about sugar diet what she can eat or what she can't eat for my mom she have sugar on 330.
I am 53 years old. I have heavy hair fall . I have a thyroid problem and also operated hysterectomy .2 month before. Also have a dabdroof problem . My hair is normal dry.
Respected doctor, my blood sugar 154 fasting and 203 post lunch, hba1c 7.1 three months back, then I control diet, without taking direct sugar, and regularly walked, now my sugar is 114 fasting, 137 post lunch, and hba1c 6.5, I am not taking diabetics drug, I m taking nebigard 2.5, thyroxin 50, ecospin 75. Please advise me for further action. My pressure, cholesterol and thyroid are in normal range.
My wife is having several health problems reccently treated at kem for acute fluid breathless recommended cipap/bipap machine because oxygen level is below the normal. She is diabetic, heart weaken and swallen liver/admomen. Financelly not sound hence arranged bedisde medical oxygen cylinders suggest good remedies ?
I am suffering from Gilbert syndrome. Resulting in impaired fasting blood sugar (I believe). Can it be cured. I'm 49 years of age profession concerned to flying Thanks.
Madam I am diabetic from last 10 years now I am 30 years old I am insulin dependent. During the day my sugar levels are almost good. But my fasting sugar levels are so much raised. My diet does not have any irregular item I eat as my diet plan but I don't know why sugar levels are raising. Please advise me what to do.
If your blood sugar has shot to the border level, but not quite high enough to be considered as Diabetes, think of it as a blessing. You are given the opportunity to take corrective measures and prevent the onset of diabetes. The ball is still in your court and you can take the right steps to prevent it from evolving to Type 2 Diabetes.
Here are the best ways to prevent:
- Know where do you stand: Find out your blood sugar levels by getting a blood sugar test done. Being older than 45 with a Body Mass Index above 25, puts you at a greater risk, so get your blood sugar checked. Even more pressing reasons to get checked can be high blood pressure or cholesterol or history of diabetes in the immediate family.
- Eat healthy: Food is medicine and what you feed your body, impacts the most on your overall health. Is your diet full of fast food and highly processed foods? Then, its time to change to a well-balanced diet full of wholesome nutrients. Eat regularly scheduled meals with a wide variety of foods in order to avoid extreme blood sugar spikes.
- Bust the stress: Chronic stress tends to suppress your immune system and lead to grave consequences. Since, stress aggravates your blood sugar levels, practice techniques of Yoga and meditation to drive stress away from your life.
- Move your body: When you are at a greater risk of diabetes it is time to act and avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Regular exercise can help you manage your overall health and boost your energy levels. Also, exercise keeps blood sugar levels from spiking after meals and active muscles will use insulin efficiently. Maintain a good fitness regime with 30 minutes of moderate exercise like walking, jogging, aerobics at least 5 days a week and opt for intensive exercises like cardio, weight training or strength training at least twice a week.
- Get quality sleep: Deprivation of sleep derails metabolism. According to studies, people who clock less than 6 hours of sleep are more likely to see their blood sugar climb up into the pre-diabetes territory. A short sleep for a prolonged time can potentially set the stage for high blood sugar.
- Medication: In most cases, simple lifestyle changes like the above will help to prevent type 2 diabetes. But in special cases, you can visit a doctor and he may prescribe certain drugs to keep the glucose production in check.
Prediabetes is a warning sign and a good wakeup call for you. So, wake up and take the right steps for a better tomorrow. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
My grand father is having diabetes. Even my dad is having diabetes.in our family many people have diabetes. So all are telling tat due to heredity even i'll suffer from diabetes after I turn 35 years. so still i'm 25 years old. So how to control from now from not getting diabetes. please tel me how to maintain and what to do from now in detail.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.