Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lavanya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LavanyaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my mother is suffering from diabeties and high bp problem. Please suggest me the diet chart along with the medicine.
I am 50 years old women suffering from thyroid, from last 26 years and i'm still taking 2 tablet's of 100mg eltroxin regularly. Tell me what should I do for this and also suffering with rheumatoid arthritis and fatigue. Please suggest me regarding this.
What food we have to eat during dinner, our dinner timing keep changes, how it will effect for diabetes patient, our dinner timing keep changes from 8 pm to 11 pm depend upon the work load, If we eat late night, when can we go for sleep, some doctor suggest , after late night dinner don't go sleep at least 1 to 2 hours and walk 10 to 15 minutes before sleep, this will control sugar, is it doctor advice is correct.
I am suffering from diabetes last four years but no effect of medicine. When I take then it is in control when I dropped it I feel weakness how I control it. Is it compulsory to continue medicine.
I am over weight. I need to follow and what diet and what not to eat and because of this, is these any chance of getting diabetics. I am aged 22. I am feeling like even though I am unable to stop eating sweets. Is there any preventive for this.
Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity. Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression, unhealthy diets; all of these can contribute to fertility issues.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- If you are overweight, then it is time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
- Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis that causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus hit fertility.
- Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
Symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience low libido
- Your sperm count may be low
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
Hi, Question is that my wife aged 30 and weight 60 kg. She is facing problem of thyroid T3- 125.60 ng/dl T4 - 7.86 ng/dl and TSH is 8.26 ulU/ml and diagnose for Blood sugar Profile is 92 mg/dl (fasting) 139 mg/dl after food. Is Thyrox 50 tablets can be take for thyroid?
Hello sir I am SADIQ Hussain 34 year old. I am suffering joint pain since 4 year. Because of my uric acid. My uric acid level always high to normal. I tried so many home remedies but relief only for small time. Then problem start again. Please help me sir.
My mother is facing the problems in sugar, we tried more medicine but not a good result please suggest me.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition related to a woman’s endocrine system. Generally, this disorder is characterised by an imbalance of the sex hormones (oestrogen and progesterone), which leads to the development of multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include acne, irregular menstrual cycle and depression to name a few.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
- Increased amount of insulin secretion- Women suffering from insulin resistance may get Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
- Genetic factor- If you have a family history of PCOS, it’s highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
How To Live with PCOS?
PCOS comes with numerous side effects like acne, obesity, infertility, excessive facial or body hair among others. There are certain lifestyle changes, which you may consider to manage PCOS and minimise its side effects.
- Change your diet - Opt for a low carbohydrate, low sugar diet to keep your insulin levels in control, as insulin is responsible for increasing the severity of PCOS symptoms.
- Try to maintain an ideal body weight - Obesity is known for worsening insulin resistance, and you can prevent this by regularly keeping your weight in check. You can practice some easy at-home exercise to reduce weight besides having a balanced diet.
- Get yourself checked regularly - Visit a doctor and get yourself checked regularly for potential health risks as PCOS is often associated with increased chances of diabetes, heart diseases, certain forms of cancer, hypertension, and high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
- Join a support group - Joining a PCOS support group will help you cope with your emotional difficulties, while helping you to live a better life by cultivating an optimistic outlook. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.