Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lalitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LalithaYour feedback matters!
We are planning for baby from last six months. But I am not getting pregnant. I did not consult to any doctor yet. What can I do to get pregnant? Do I need to consult any doctor? Or wait for few more months. My age is 28. Please suggest.
I am bisexual. Mene bohto k sath bina protection ka sex kiya hai. Kisi k sath protection k sath bhi bt I think k vo log infected nahi the. kya mujhe koi infection ho skta hai like std or hvi.
I just wanted to know that, when should a urine pregnancy test to be done. On which day and how? Please help I have no idea about this.
I took ovuloc tablet from 1st Oct after 5 days of my periods and on 5th I had a make out, but no insertions, are there any chances of pregnancy? Will the tablets work as contraception?
Pcod (poly cystic ovarian disease).
Lets understand what is pcod which is commonly affected to young girls and women. Pcod is a hormonal disorder and genetic.
Factors affecting- in todays era pcod has become more common due to environment, sedentary lifestyle and food habits.
In this condition there is excess of androgen production i. E a male hormone.
Signs and symptoms.
- Irregular or prolonged cycles.
- Sleep apnea.
- Hair growth over face, chin.
- Hair fall.
Excess production of insulin leading to diabetes or prediabetic condition.
In such cases a genetically constitunal similimum is given.
In pcod a female generally starts having malish behaviour, character. She has stress where she develops boundry around her self and due to this stress factor she has excess of androgen.
Homoeopathy has the character where minutest dose alters the mental condition or stress.
Diet and weigh management is of utmost important to cure pcod.
- Incude fibers in diet like chia seeds, oats, fruits and raw veggies.
- Consuming jeera water with pinch of black pepper and ginger mashed. Empty stomach on rising.
- Avoiding of whole wheat.
- Avoiding sugar.
- Avoiding excess of saturated fats like cheese, butter, beaf.
- A dellima for rice breaks when traditional dal rice is added with a spoon full of ghee which lessens down the glycemic index.
- Lastly drinking plenty of water 3.5 - 4 liters of water.
- Regular exercise - brisk walking and yoga.
- Pranayama and meditation are best advised.
Every month menses is on 2nd , last month it's on 2nd got menses this month one week late done pregnancy test showed negative taken meprate 10 mg with Lybrate doc suggested after five days waited 2more days still pending again done pregnancy test now it's positive went to doc told to scan if you don't want to continue last time also abortion done with same scanning it means scanning is necessary and we can abortion tablet. Within how many weeks pregnancy will be withdrawn and count of weeks is counted from last month 2nd it will be counted or this month counted first week of pregnancy and we want to drop pregnancy after two more weeks it will be problem or not?
Thyme is one of the most famous herbs from the mint family. It is a common herb present in every spice set for garnishing and flavouring of the dish. In fact, apart from its modern-day use, it had been used by Egyptians in the process of mummification as well as by the Greeks as a form of incense. However, apart from its culinary uses, it is gaining a reputation as one of the most useful ingredients with several medicinal properties. Some of these medicinal properties are highlighted below.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: When it comes to blood pressure, consumption of salt and maintaining a balanced level of cholesterol are the two important things to keep a lookout for. Thyme itself can be used as a substitute for salt. Though the taste would not be quite the same without a trace of salt in the dish, but at least it would benefit your health and keep a balanced level of salt and cholesterol in your body. This would help you in maintaining a balanced blood pressure and also prevent you from falling prey to any kind of heart disease or even diabetes for that matter.
- Controls cough and cold: If you feel that you are about to experience an attack of a cough and cold due to seasonal changes or whatever reason, do not forget to keep some thyme at hand. You can make thyme paste and rub it onto your chest. The vapours coming out of it would help in curing cough. Further, thyme oils can always be used for a chest massage or can be rubbed onto the sides of your nostrils. Moreover, drinking warm thyme infused tea helps you in recovering faster.
- Boosts immunity: To maintain a proper immune system the body needs, vitamins, minerals, water and various other elements. With thyme being a rich source of vitamin C and Vitamin A apart from having the benefits of iron, manganese, copper and fibre, it is not unusual to know that it boosts the immune system in an individual. Thus, thyme is often consumed in a small quantity with at least one or two dishes of the day. This makes sure that the quantity of thyme entering your body is regulated and is just enough to provide you with all the necessary elements.
- Acts as a disinfectant: Mould is an element present in the air which not only causes air pollution but can be fatal to human health. In fact, it hurts those with asthma even more than regular people. One of the easiest ways to get rid of moulds in the air is to regularly use thyme oil in your house. Thyme oil acts as a disinfectant and helps in reducing the concentration of moulds in the air.
- Used for therapeutic purposes: Carvacrol is a substance present in thyme which helps it in making a mark as an important compound in aromatherapy. Many essential oils are made of thyme essence. These essential oils are not only used on the skin for massages but also used as incense and de-stressors.
Thus, these are some of the most important uses of thyme apart from adding flavouring to some of your favourite dishes.
Poor sex education and awareness can lead to pregnancy in the teenage years, which continues to be a problem that affects almost all countries. In fact, USA is the leader in teen pregnancy with most cases. As per records, about 35% of the girls get pregnant at least once before they reach 20 years of age.
This is a problem for the mother and for the child and is a social menace. Read on to understand a little more on how it affects both.
How it affects the mother?
- Teenage pregnancy is a result of negligence and poor awareness in most cases. The chances of habits like smoking, alcohol abuse and drug abuse are quite high in these mothers, which have adverse effects on the fetus during pregnancy. This also means their responsibility in terms of sufficient prenatal care, nutrition, and overall care for themselves and the child would not be optimal.
- Higher rates of maternal death: If girls who are less than 15 years of age get pregnant, the death rate is quite high. In addition, there is also poor weight gain, anemia, pregnancy-induced hypertension, STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). All these can have an effect on the child including low birth weight, vital organ malformations, congenital disorders, respiratory distress, and very high levels of infant mortality.
- With the added responsibility of the child, the chances that the teenager would go to school after childbirth and complete education and look into employment are also reduced drastically.
- Very often, teenage mothers also tend to remain single, as the child is usually born out-of-wedlock and is a result of negligence.
- The chances of having children later in life is also reduced, given all the changes that she goes through early on in life.
How it affects the child?
- As a corollary to the effects on the mother, the first effects include low birth weight, malformation of vital organs, inadequate healthcare, and even very high rates of infant mortality in the first year of life.
- Other medical conditions like chronic respiratory problems, mental retardation, cerebral palsy, and blindness are very common.
- There could also be developmental issues like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, and other
- Given the social circumstances in which they are born, they are more exposed to early motherhood, single parenthood, broken marriages. This affects the regular parenting care that they receive resulting in improper nutrition and healthcare.
- Again, the poor social set-up also does not ensure sufficient education opportunities for the child. They may also get into child labor and become easy prey to neglect and abuse.
- The chances of girls born to teenage mothers themselves becoming teenage mothers is also quite high, leading to a vicious cycle.
Most countries are trying to fight this social menace by involving families, schools, and healthcare professionals, and running social campaigns and programs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.