Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kapilchand NarraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
During the treatment, my Kapilchand Narra supported me a lot. Our family physician personally recommended this Kapilchand Narra. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met Kapilchand Narra and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. The overall atmosphere in the Jaya Physio Clinics is very soothing. Kapilchand Narra certainly knows the in and out of his speciality. The Jaya Physio Clinics is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. I was in so much pain due to my neck pain. My previous experiences were not so good, but Kapilchand Narra has completely changed my opinion as he is very helpful and humble.
I consulted a number of specialists but the way he treated me was the best. i was suffering from joint pain. He is a very practical doctor. The atmosphere in the Jaya Physio Clinics is always so positive and full of life.Dr Kapilchand Narra has in depth knowledge and ensures that he explains the problem in detail. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that Dr Kapilchand Narra is the reason.
Thanks to him I am much better now. During the complete physiotherapy program he always supported and motivated me. All the staff members were very helpful. By chance, I approached Dr Narra for second opinion and thank god, i did because, he treated me without any medicines and all. The interior of the Jaya Physio Clinics was no nicely done, it was so clean.
Due to my spinal deformity correction i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. One of my neighbour referred Dr Kapilchand. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. He has in depth knowledge and ensures that he explains the problem in detail. The atmosphere in the Jaya Physio Clinics is always so positive and full of life.
I wa suffering from muscle cramps, I searched Dr Kapilchand Narra online and saw his reviews. He ensures that she listens to his patients. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. Thanks to him that the muscle cramps treatment he gave me has given brilliant results.
I was having this stomach pain, but the symptoms were not very visible. I am so much benefitted with Dr Kapilchand's treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. Over the period of time the stomach pain treatment has helped me a lot. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts.
I was suffering from shoulder pain for which I consulted Dr Kapilchand. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. I am back to my normal self post treatment, And I am happy that I consulted him for my treatment.
I was in so much pain as I got splinting treatment. But even after the treating I started experiencing pain so I preferred consulting Dr Kapilchand. He is a well knowledgeable physiotherapist. I am so much benefitted with his treatment that I am perfectly fine now.
I feel strange that I am suffering from kneepain. Dr Kapilchand is really like god send person. The overall atmosphere in the Jaya Physio Clinics is very soothing. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
he indeed motivated me big time to get rid of my strain...he has a well qualified physio at his clinic in Besant Nagar..best in chennai!
My father fell on road, orthopaedic has recommended for MRI scan at right hand elbow, impression is distal triceps injury-complete tear/ avulsion of posterior component of triceps tendon, doctor advising for surgery on urgent basis, is it necessary? Càn we find any other treatments? Need clarity on complications and post surgery conditions.
The pain which a person experiences as a result of having a herniated disc can be quite debilitating, to tell you the truth. However, taking into due account the fact that all a person in such a situation would want would be to be up and running as soon as possible.
In order for this to happen, as would be expected, he or she would need to go through the options which are available for treatment of a herniated disc. There are various types of herniated disc treatments which are available though it can be said that conservative treatments are preferred as these treatments do not require surgery to be carried out on the person who is suffering from the issue.
The course of this sort of treatment lasts somewhere between one month to one and a half months. The aim of conservative treatment is to reduce or minimise the pain that is automatically associated with a herniated disc. There is a strategy to help a person improve by which he or she is provided with medicine for the purpose of pain relief while physiotherapy is made use of to make the underlying condition better.
Surgical treatment may be required, if the case is such that the person has lost a great degree of function and is in pain that seems to be pretty much unbearable. `If the person has a lumbar herniated disc, then the conservative treatment for this sort of case would require him or her to apply ice and heat from a warm source to provide relief to the area. If the pain is very bad yet the person is determined not to undergo surgery then the answer would be to consume some oral steroids or narcotic pain medications. One should surely keep in mind that this is only to carried out as per the prescription of a doctor who is trained and experienced to a sufficient degree.
If surgery is required for this sort of herniated disc, then it is likely to be a lumbar decompression surgery which aims to allow for the growth of the spine back to health as a result of removing the herniated disc. When it comes to cervical herniated disc treatment, conservative solutions include using drugs like ibuprofen and physical therapy; similar to solving lumbar herniated discs. However, surgical treatment for cervical herniated discs warrants anterior cervical decompression; where the disc is removed from the front of the neck. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
You might be an elite athlete or just a commoner. There is always a possibility for you to develop lower back pain while carrying out your daily activities. You might not be aware but regular activities like sitting at the computer, running on the treadmill or simply crawling into your bed for a good night's sleep can affect the health of your spine. You are always at the risk of damaging your spine. These damages lead to back pain. It has been found that faulty postures can cause back pain by causing straining of the back muscles, injuring the tendons and damaging the vertebrae or ligaments.
Back pain can be caused due to the overuse of a particular activity or for undertaking a new activity. However, it is often very difficult to pinpoint the exact reason behind the occurrence of back pain. Here are the common causes of lower back pain:
- The screen trouble: You are likely to develop back pain, if you spend long hours sitting in front of the computer. Researchers believe that spending nine hours or more a day by texting on smartphones or tablets or typing on the computer is dangerous. You must take a break at regular intervals while working on the gadgets to avoid back pain. Your monitor of the computer should be placed at the level of your eye.
- You skip the core exercises: The health of your spine depends on the core regions of your body as well. The core region includes your back, side, pelvic, and buttock muscles. It is important that you practise the core exercises like lunges, squats, and planks. They help in strengthening the muscles around your core region and keep your spine healthy.
- Improper sleep pattern: Your sleeping pattern is as much important as your walking or sitting pattern when it comes to the health of your spine. If you sleep on your stomach, pressure is placed on joints and muscles. This may cause straining of the muscles or ligaments in the spine region.
- Smoking: Cigarettes are not just unhealthy for your lungs or heart, they are equally bad for the spine. Cigarettes contain nicotine. Researchers have found that nicotine hampers the flow of blood to the vertebrae and disks in between the spine. Insufficient supply of blood to the spine region results in low absorption of calcium by the bones in this region. Therefore, you end up developing back pain.
- Blame it on your emotions: Back pain adds to your emotional stress. But believe it or not, the reverse is equally true. Depression and emotional stress, increases or sometimes even initiates back pain. When an individual is depressed, his or her glands release stress hormones known as cortisol. This hormone causes the muscles in the back region to tense up.
Ways to get rid of lower back pain
- You must lie on your back.
- It is then advisable to lift your left leg, as high as you can
- Thereafter, keep the legs straight in a raised position.
- You are then supposed to hold your lower thigh with both hands.
- You can then pull the leg toward your upper half of the body
- Hold this position for some 10 to 15 seconds.
- Position yourself back in the starting position.
- Repeat the same with the right leg.
- Do this 2-3 times with each leg to get rid of the lower back pain.
- Apply hot or cold compression on the affected part
- Eat a balanced diet
- Don’t smoke or drink
- Exercise in a proper posture
- Don’t spend too many hours sitting before laptops or tv. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Physiotherapy is often tried as a first solution to a persistent lower back pain. Most doctors advise a patient of back pain for a four-week session as a conservative approach to pursuing aggressive treatment options such as surgery. The motive behind physiotherapy is to reduce inflammation, pain and increased function of the back. Physiotherapy also teaches a patient certain good practices in order to negate the possibility of getting the pain back.
Two Forms of Physiotherapy-
Passive Therapy: This is a form of physiotherapy that includes an application of ice packs, electrical stimulation and heat application. These are the very first steps taken, before moving to routine physical therapy that involves following an exercise schedule, breathing technique etc.
Active Therapy: Active physiotherapy includes undertaking of specific exercise schedule and certain stretching activities. The exact schedule is decided by the physiotherapist, depending on the location and duration of pain.
Benefits of Exercising-
The stability of the lower back is greatly dependent on the back musculature and abdominal spine. The muscle of the abdomen stabilizes the lumbar spine since they can generate pressure through the spine. Simply put the discs and the spine are all circled by muscles. It is necessary for these muscles to retain the strength in order to exert less pressure on the joints and the discs. There are ample medical literature stating the fact that active physiotherapy can make the surrounding muscle of discs strong. What’s more, a good physical exercise schedule will negate the likelihood of future spine related pain.
Some of the most common exercises include-
Stretching: An active exercise schedule comprises adequate stretching to ensure gradual relief of conditions such as spasms and atrophy. These are caused due to certain conditions including inappropriate posture, nerve irritation, accidents related to the spine etc. Certain stretching involving the legs, back muscles, hips and abdominal muscle should be practiced. Stretching should be slow and gentle without any bouncing.
Stabilization Exercise: Dynamic exercise includes the involvement of many exercises such as the usage of balancing machine and exercise balls in order to improve the balance of the lower back. They ensure the strengthening of the secondary muscles and improve the range of motion. The ultimate motive of stabilization exercise is to support the spine.
Strengthening Exercise: There are a set of dedicated exercises often recommended by physiotherapists. The core motive is to ensure the strengthening of lower back and abdominal muscle. Some exercises include leg raise, sit-ups, crunches etc. Lower back exercise could be as simple as lying straight on the ground and raising the chest slowly towards the air and getting back to the same position. Good morning exercises also play a key role in strengthening the lower back muscles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
While it may be obvious that no form of pain is welcome, it can be said that pain which is felt on account of being affected by sciatica is especially unwelcome. Taking that into due account, the good news is that physiotherapy can go a long way in helping by improving this sort of pain.
The longest nerve in the whole human body is the sciatic nerve, so it can be expected that when there is trouble with this nerve, the pain would be pretty significant. The leg pain which is caused to a person when this nerve happens to be getting pinched is known as sciatica.
There is a range of treatments when it comes to how something as painful as sciatica is to be solved. Now, while it is true that a solution such as making sure there is an amount of bed rest which is sufficient is very important, to say the very least, it is often the case that the person with sciatica would like his or her recovery to be hastened.
In order to make sure that this is the case, physiotherapy is quite useful. There are various forms of physiotherapy which can be made use of, and the decision as to which sort of physiotherapy a person would be best suited to would obviously be part of the subjective assessment of the person by a practitioner who is well qualified and experienced.
Some of the solutions when it comes to physiotherapy being used in order to treat sciatica are quite innovative, to say the very least. For example, there is physiotherapy instrument mobilisation, which is also known as PIM. What this entails is that a mechanical spring-loaded instrument is used in the process which serves the purpose of mobilising the spinal cord of a person along with his or her peripheral joints.
One form of physiotherapy oriented treatment which is used to address the issue of sciatica is real-time ultrasound physiotherapy. It can be said that this is not close to as cutting edge as physiotherapy instrument mobilisation is but it does serve as a rather dependable and useful way to battle sciatic pain. This form of physiotherapy makes use of ultrasound technology to analyse how the muscles function and then using that as a basis to create a list of physiotherapy exercises to be done by the person who is having sciatica. Rather than medicines, physiotherapy improves sciatica by getting a person to use oneself! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
A sprained thumb is a painful condition caused due to an injury on the ligament of a thumb. A ligament is a soft tissue, which connects bones to each other at a joint. The ligament might get partially or fully torn due to extreme backward bending of thumb causing the ligament connecting the thumb and index finger to suffer injury.
The problem is quite common among basketball, rugby and football players. For this reason, it is known as a sports injury. Skiing may also cause extreme pressure to the thumb, causing a ligament tear. Injury due to skiing is called skier’s thumb.
The injury causes pain, bruising and tenderness. It can cause swelling on just the thumb or sometimes on the entire hand. In severe cases, weakness and instability in the region can be seen. A sprained thumb weakens the ability to pinch and grasp things. The patient will have trouble holding a glass, turning a knob or writing. An untreated injury may lead to joint stiffness, muscle weakness, scar tissue formation, instability of the thumb or even arthritis. It is strongly advised to visit a professional therapist for an early diagnosis and treatment.
Usually, an X-ray leads to an apt diagnosis of the injury. The doctor also ascertains damage to the bone and ligament and develops a treatment plan. Some ligament tears can be treated using a splint or cast. A chronic ligament tear might not heal and would require surgical intervention.
A partial or mild ligament tear can be managed through useful home remedies like putting an ice pack, bandage or splint. It is also advised to keep the thumb elevated and restrict its movement. A heat pack is beneficial as it can ease pain and relax the muscles. However, heat pack must be avoided during the first 48 hours of injury as it can lead to bleeding.
If there is a chronic injury and the ligament is completely torn, a surgery is needed. A surgery helps join a new ligament to the bone in case the torn ligament fails to heal. It also helps reconnect the injured ligament to the bone. Sometimes, there might be bone damage as bone fragments might get pulled away with the ligament. In such cases, bone fragments need to be put back in their position through surgery. After the surgery, a cast or splint is put till it heals completely.
An early visit to a physiotherapist has potential advantages. A therapist can fasten the healing process, help relieve pain and improve a person’s ability to resume daily tasks. Massages and strengthening exercises are initiated to avoid re-injury and instill strength in the injured region. Physiotherapy also helps immensely after surgery through planned mobility exercises that regain movement and strength.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be said to be one of the most painful disorders to have. There is a high likelihood that a lot of people can agree with this statement as the number of people who suffer from this issue is just so high! Yet, a funny thing to take note of is the fact that even people who are experts on CTS, which is the abbreviation of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, are not really aware as to what its causes are!
That being said, it really does not mean that a person whose life has been affected negatively by it does not make a conscious effort to get better so that the condition is not as painful. In order to do this, what he or she would do is to commit to doing some exercises which directly address the problem at hand.
- To start with the exercises, it makes sense, to begin with, the one which is the simplest and this happens to be an exercise which is often known as the shake. What this requires the person to do is to shake his or her hands while making sure to keep them flexible. This action is pretty much the same as a person would do, if he or she were to try to air dry his or her hands without making use of a towel.
- Another simple exercise which is prescribed by quite a lot of doctors who are accomplished experts when it comes to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is one in which the person who has the condition makes his or her hands a fist. After this is done, what he or she needs to do is to release the fist and go on to stretch the fingers out as wide as possible. The extension should attempt to be in the shape of a fan.
It may be surprising, but it can be said that the ill effects of something which is as troublesome as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be improved if these simple exercises are done with regularity. However, if a person is looking for a drastic change, it can be expected that he or she would have to do more by the way of complex exercises, at least on a relative scale.
One of these exercises is to join the hands in a prayer position and then separate the palms, but make sure the fingers stay pressed to each other; an act known as steepling the fingers. With these simple exercises in place, you can avoid the pain of dealing with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for good! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Stretching is very important for your well-being. Not only does it help you become more agile and flexible, it helps you become better at sports and also makes sure that you have fewer injuries when you are playing sports. Here are some exercises, which are guaranteed to make sure that your flexibility will improve:
1. The runner's stretch
In this stretch, put your right foot forward and then try to touch the floor with your fingertips. If your fingers do not reach the floor, place them as far down as possible. You have to then inhale, and go back to your starting position.
2. The standing side stretch
This stretch starts when you are standing straight upwards with your arms raised above your head and your fingers interlocked. When you breathe out you have to slowly bend your upper body to the right then return to the starting position. After you have reached the starting position, you inhale again and after you have inhaled, you have to stretch your upper body to the left.
3. The forward hang
In this stretch, your starting position is when you stand with your legs apart and then you lock your fingers together and place them behind your back. Once this is done, you breathe in. After breathing in, you have to exhale by bending forward and keeping your hands interlocked above your head. You have to hold this position for 5 seconds.
4. The low lunge arch
This stretch involves bringing your right leg as forward as possible and then lowering your left knee onto the floor. You then have to lock your hands together with your palms facing the floor and your hands in front of your body. You then have to inhale for the stretch. The stretch involves lifting your arms as far up as possible and then stretching as far back as possible keeping your legs in the position they were already in. Once you have finished this exercise, you have to do the exact same thing with the left leg in front. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Working out is more of a habit than anything else. While making a start is the easy part, continuing it for a longer duration to get effective results is the hard thing. The trick is to have the same amount of motivation and enthusiasm going every day.
Here is a list of tricks that will convince you to follow your workout schedule on a daily basis:
- Compete with others: A goal of getting fit by x date may not be the best motivation. Instead, compete with others. Take part in a CrossFit competition or an obstacle race. There are competitions which take money to enrol. Participating in events like this will help you to be more focused in the endeavour to compete with others.
- Motivational songs: Songs are a great tonic for people who have just started working out. Get all your favorite songs on your iPod and hit the ground running. Make sure you keep changing songs every alternate day. Listening to the same songs every day while working out can be monotonous.
- Put personal stuff on the line: You can keep the money, movie tickets or a basketball to your friend’s place on the condition that if you manage to reach your goals, you will take it back. This will convince you to put your best efforts while working out. People tend to work more when they know that personal belongings are on the line. If you are tech savvy, you can bet on apps such as pact and dietet.com. Both these apps work on similar lines.
- Workout for a cause: Self-motivation is a hard thing to achieve. You can sweat for a charity of your choice. This way you feel accountable to a lot of many people who are counting on you. The fear of letting someone down will convince you to workout daily and put your best efforts every day.
- Let go of your sleeping clothes: The comfortable pyjamas or the cozy blanket can kill your motivation of getting up early in the morning. One good way to tackle this is to sleep in your workout clothes. This will constantly keep you reminded about the job in hand.
- Click pictures: The scale reading of your waist can be deceiving. Click pictures instead and compare them every month. This way you will see a visible result, which in turn will motivate you to give your best.
- Let someone monitor you: Working out alone can be boring. Let a friend or an instructor monitor you for the first few months. This way you will be under constant supervision and answerable to someone in case you miss your workout on odd days.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.