Musculoskeletal Injury Physiotherapy
Range Of Motion Exercise Treatment
Post Surgery Rehabilitation
Sensory Integration Therapy
Treatment Of Meniscus Injury
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Computerised Traction Procedure
Column Traumatology Procedure
Treatment of Mckinzie Treatment For Spine
Rf Neurotomy Procedure
Manual Therapy Treatment
Treatment Of Lumbago
Custom Splinting Bracing Procedure
Achilles Tendon Rupture Treatment
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Submit a review for Jaya Physio ClinicsYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Stretching is very important for your well-being. Not only does it help you become more agile and flexible, it helps you become better at sports and also makes sure that you have fewer injuries when you are playing sports. Here are some exercises, which are guaranteed to make sure that your flexibility will improve:
1. The runner's stretch
In this stretch, put your right foot forward and then try to touch the floor with your fingertips. If your fingers do not reach the floor, place them as far down as possible. You have to then inhale, and go back to your starting position.
2. The standing side stretch
This stretch starts when you are standing straight upwards with your arms raised above your head and your fingers interlocked. When you breathe out you have to slowly bend your upper body to the right then return to the starting position. After you have reached the starting position, you inhale again and after you have inhaled, you have to stretch your upper body to the left.
3. The forward hang
In this stretch, your starting position is when you stand with your legs apart and then you lock your fingers together and place them behind your back. Once this is done, you breathe in. After breathing in, you have to exhale by bending forward and keeping your hands interlocked above your head. You have to hold this position for 5 seconds.
4. The low lunge arch
This stretch involves bringing your right leg as forward as possible and then lowering your left knee onto the floor. You then have to lock your hands together with your palms facing the floor and your hands in front of your body. You then have to inhale for the stretch. The stretch involves lifting your arms as far up as possible and then stretching as far back as possible keeping your legs in the position they were already in. Once you have finished this exercise, you have to do the exact same thing with the left leg in front. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Working out is more of a habit than anything else. While making a start is the easy part, continuing it for a longer duration to get effective results is the hard thing. The trick is to have the same amount of motivation and enthusiasm going every day.
Here is a list of tricks that will convince you to follow your workout schedule on a daily basis:
- Compete with others: A goal of getting fit by x date may not be the best motivation. Instead, compete with others. Take part in a CrossFit competition or an obstacle race. There are competitions which take money to enrol. Participating in events like this will help you to be more focused in the endeavour to compete with others.
- Motivational songs: Songs are a great tonic for people who have just started working out. Get all your favorite songs on your iPod and hit the ground running. Make sure you keep changing songs every alternate day. Listening to the same songs every day while working out can be monotonous.
- Put personal stuff on the line: You can keep the money, movie tickets or a basketball to your friend’s place on the condition that if you manage to reach your goals, you will take it back. This will convince you to put your best efforts while working out. People tend to work more when they know that personal belongings are on the line. If you are tech savvy, you can bet on apps such as pact and dietet.com. Both these apps work on similar lines.
- Workout for a cause: Self-motivation is a hard thing to achieve. You can sweat for a charity of your choice. This way you feel accountable to a lot of many people who are counting on you. The fear of letting someone down will convince you to workout daily and put your best efforts every day.
- Let go of your sleeping clothes: The comfortable pyjamas or the cozy blanket can kill your motivation of getting up early in the morning. One good way to tackle this is to sleep in your workout clothes. This will constantly keep you reminded about the job in hand.
- Click pictures: The scale reading of your waist can be deceiving. Click pictures instead and compare them every month. This way you will see a visible result, which in turn will motivate you to give your best.
- Let someone monitor you: Working out alone can be boring. Let a friend or an instructor monitor you for the first few months. This way you will be under constant supervision and answerable to someone in case you miss your workout on odd days.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.