Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.Sivaprasad
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. K.SivaprasadYour feedback matters!
Sound healing therapy can go a long way towards managing one’s stress and depression. It is a kind of therapy, which aspects certain aspects of music to improve a person’s emotional, physical health and well-being. Sound healing tends to involve:
1. Listening to the music
2. To sing along with the music that gets played
3. Moving to the rhythm and the beats of the music
5. Playing some kind of an instrument.
There are various kinds of sound therapy, which include vibrational sound therapy that makes use of special sounds and produce the necessary vibrations to improve the brain waves. Now, sound healing has been linked to a number of health benefits like:
1. Boosting up the functions of the immune system
2. Lower down the stress levels
People who tend to suffer from the problems of stress along with depression, for them, sound therapy can prove to be an excellent remedy, which can help them lead a happy and a peaceful life. Some of the Sound Therapies, which people can avail in order to manage their stress and depression are:
1. Vibroacoustic Therapy: Body’s functions like blood pressure and breathing can be affected in a positive manner through vibration. This kind of therapy makes use of audible sound vibrations, which help in improving health and also lead to the reduction of stress. Vibroacoustic Sound Therapy involve speakers that remain embedded in recliners, mattresses as well as special mats in order to transmit music and sound vibrations directly into one’s body.
2. Guided Meditation: This is a form of sound healing, which people can opt for as it would help them to meditation through the voice instructions, either passed through, in a session or in a class or by using any video or any app. Meditation can include chanting or repetition of prayers.
Research related to this sound healing therapy has found quite a number of health benefits, which include:
1. Reduction of stress
2. Decrease in anxiety and depression
3. Reduced blood pressure
4. Lowering down the level of cholesterol
5. Singing Bowl Therapy: This is one of the most famous sound therapies, which has got innumerable health benefits for human beings. It makes use of metal bowls, which help to produce a really deep penetrating sound that assists in relaxation and bring forth peace to the mind.
A study conducted back in the year 2016 suggested that meditation through the Singing Bowl Therapy helps to reduce -
So, people can undertake this therapy, which would be highly beneficial especially for all those who suffer from stress and depression.
Depression is one of the complex physical and psychological disorders. The disease is characterized by loss of pleasure or interest, sadness, feelings of guilt, low self worth, disturbed sleep and appetite, poor concentration and feelings of tiredness. The common effect of this condition is leads to the decreased activity level in some parts of the brain. The disease is a mild one that causes little annoyance in daily life. But the extreme stages may lead to severe effects where the affected person may fail to participate in their social life. In rare cases severity of suicide is even possible.
Depression is diagnosed by these symptoms:
- Lack of interest or joy in activities
- Sadness or low mood levels
- Feel of guilt without any reason
- Inferiority thoughts
- Slow thought process
- Slow in interpreting sensorial stimuli
- Slow physical reactions
- Slow physical processes or digestion.
Types of depression
It can be either be a single disease or the effect of other diseases. It can also be due to two or more factors. Based on the cause the disease, it has been divided into six types, which are
- Reactive depression: Caused due to psychological struggle and stress.
- Endogenous depression: Caused due to strain or lack of rest.
- Depression by physical disease: This is caused due to any physical disease such as Parkinson’s disease, stroke, hypertension, heart disease, cushing’s syndrome, mononucleosis, hypothyroidism neurotransmitters in the brain etc.
- Depressive consequence of unsound lifestyle: This is caused due to less exercise, too much alcohol, coffee or tea consumption, least intake of necessary nutrients, too much sugar intake and fat.
- Postnatal depression: This happens mostly in women after pregnancy and child birth.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This happen due to cold and dark seasons of the year. The lack of light is the factor for causing depression as well.
Treatment of depression
Best way to treat depression is through Psychotherapy, also anti - depression medicines are usually prescribed to treat the effects of depression. But the intake of these types of medicines result in nervous disorder. However, the best way to treat is through environmental changes and positive and happy surrounds to the affected person along with psychological counseling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.