Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K NelakurtiYour feedback matters!
My sugar fasting 175 pp 375, taking Glycomet GP 2 fort. Was careless having sweets and also drank whisky in marriage.
Hello Doctor I am 45 Years I got sugar in 27/06/2006 fasting was 100 post Lunch was 147 so average fasting 150-180 post lunch 180-230 08/jun/2015 HbA1c is 8 (ABG) IS 183 I am using zoril M1 forte and for BP sartel 80 my Bp is 180/90 the heart beat will be 100 please guide me thank you.
Whether fruits papaya chinnu mango can be taken in little quantity as I am type 2 borderline diabetic.
I am a diabetic for last 35 years and squamous cell carcinoma oral at present in remission no abnormal uptake detected suffering from enlarged prostate gland since last 4/5 yrs, am a psychiatric patient for last 30 years and HTN in short what not at present anxiety depression with anger etc .What course of action I should take now please suggest. Thanks.
Testosterone is a powerful hormone, with the ability to control sex drive, regulate sperm production, promote muscle mass, increase energy, and even influence human behavior (such as aggression and competitiveness). It’s no wonder that a decrease in testosterone would cause quite a stir. However, it is a natural part of aging.
In the Womb
Testosterone plays an important role in shaping the developing fetus during pregnancy. It drives the development of the male reproductive system. Testosterone also masculinizes the brain.testosterone levels have to fall within a very narrow margin in order for the fetal brain to be healthy. High levels of fetal testosterone may be linked to autism.low levels of fetal testosterone may boost your chances of getting Alzheimer’s disease later in life.
Adolescence to Early Adulthood
Testosterone levels are at their highest during adolescence and early adulthood. The first physical signs of testosterone, or androgens, in the body are apparent during puberty. A boy’s voice changes, his shoulders broaden, and his facial structure becomes more masculine. But as men get older, their testosterone levels decline about 1 percent per year after age 30.
|Age:||T Level (ng/dL):||Age:||T Level (ng/dL):|
|0-5 months||75-400||0-5 months||20-80|
|6 mos.-9 yrs.||<7-20||6 mos.-9 yrs.||<7-20|
|10-11 yrs.||<7-130||10-11 yrs.||<7-44|
|12-13 yrs.||<7-800||12-16 yrs.||<7-75|
|14 yrs.||<7-1,200||17-18 yrs.||20-75|
|15-16 yrs.||100-1,200||19+ yrs.||8-60|
|Avg. Adult Male||270-1,070||Avg. Adult Female||15-70|
|30+ yrs.||-1% per year|
Testosterone and Aging
low testosterone levels can cause changes in sexual function, including:
- reduced sexual desire, or low libido
- fewer spontaneous erections
- impotence (erectile dysfunction)
Other signs of decreased testosterone levels include:
- changes in sleep patterns
- emotional changes, such as low self-confidence or lack of motivation
- physical changes, like increased body fat, reduced muscle bulk and strength, and decreased bone density
The normal range of testosterone levels in healthy adult males is between 280 to 1,100 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL).
While the symptoms described here are considered a normal part of aging, they could also be signs of several underlying factors. These include:
- a reaction to certain medications
- thyroid gland disorders
- excessive alcohol use
- the best time of day to have a blood sample taken for a testosterone test is around 8 a.m.
I am 56 year old male. My sugar level on fasting is 160-190. I am suffering with pain in both leg and hands finger. Body is not energetic and thrust is always and urine is many time. I am taking D-FIT tablet twice but no better improvement. Kindly advise suitable medicine and food to be normal health. I am an employee in a company and working as accountant. Thanks,
My father in law having sugar from last 10 year sugar level is 220 is morning after breakfast it will be 250 level what I can do.
Yesterday I have done the thyroid test T3. 141.6 T4. 9.37 TSH. 3.46 Is this normal and else kindly suggest.
My mother is a diabetic since last 8 yr and now she is suffering from breast cancer stage 2 surgery done in january now she take chemo therapy 6 cycle but after 3rd she got lot of complication major or her diabeies are frequantly fluctuate she take insuline also but she didnt take food becoz of side effect of chemotherapy please suggest how to treat her wisely.
My mother's name is sreeja. She is 41 years old and she has blood sugar level 230. Blood sugar level increased above normal after she got admitted in hospital for dengue fever. Dr. told that it came from medicine. How it will be normal again without taking any medicines. Can you please help me.
I urine a lot. Have done all the required checks for gall bladder, diabetic and others. All the tests r good. But if I drink water (I drink 2 litres) I urine every 15 minutes. Kindly advice.
I am 46 years old, suffering from uric acid excess, acidity and mild spondylysis & very mild waist lumber pains and nerves disorder. Where is the basic problem lying. Sgpt too is around 50. Hemoglobin 11. 5. Uric acid 7. 4
My mother hve too much muscle pain her pain start from head to legs as she has also a problem of thyroid she has too much problem of this she does nt do any work bcoz of this what should she do to make her body pain relief.
Two months ago my fasting blood sugar level 260. No physical work due to knee fracture ,totally 3 month on bed ,my father also diabetic. Then on doctor advise I took glycomet 500 mg 2 time for 10 days. After that sugar level 180 fasting. On advise I took medicine 1 time. And start some movement .then sugar level 110. Stop medicine on doctor advise. After 10 days stopping medicine my sugar level 130. Kindly tell me can I start medicine or not.
I am 31 weeks pregnant, I did my blood sugar fasting and PP test on 10 dec, which shoes 106.8 blood sugar fasting, 134.6 post prandial, however my gynaec suggested me to check with gloccometer 3 time a day that is b4 breakfast, lunch and dinner, also advice to consult diabetic doctor ,who told me to to take insulin every day, is it necessary that I hve to take insulin ,i do not want to take insulin injection, I started following my diabetic diet. Kindly advice, is it safe to take insulin during this stage or should I wait for few more weeks checking my sugar level.
Nutritious and healthy food is capable of arresting or even reversing diabetes. Here is a list of 13 such wondrous foods that, if eaten consistently, will ward off diabetes -
1. Sweet potatoes: Unlike regular potatoes, sweet potatoes are rich in fiber and Vitamin A along with a low Glycemic index.
2. Tomatoes: Tomatoes offset diabetes with its nutrients like Vitamin C, E, and iron. They can be eaten raw as well as cooked.
3. Fish: Consume fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and halibut etc that are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Cook them in a simple way rather than deep-frying.
4. Apples: Apples are full of fiber and low in calories. Thus, they are able to effectively fight bad cholesterol and diabetes. It is best to eat them with their skin.
5. Avocado: This fruit comes packed with monounsaturated fats and balances blood sugar level. It also contains good fat that is capable of reversing insulin resistance.
6. Berries: Almost all kinds of berries are rich in antioxidants and fiber. They boost the production of insulin and lower down blood sugar.
7. Broccoli: Broccoli contains chromium that stabilizes levels of blood sugar.
8. Carrots: Carrots are extremely rich in beta-carotene that is known to lower the chances of diabetes.
9. Flaxseed: These are rich in fiber, protein, magnesium and good fats. They are known to helps cells in absorbing insulin.
10. Yogurt and Skim Milk: These dairy products are rich in calcium and protein for fighting against insulin resistance that leads to diabetes.
11. Oatmeal: Oatmeal comes loaded with soluble fiber that helps in delayed conversion of consumed carbohydrate into blood sugar.
12. Almonds: Regular intake of 4-5 almonds daily reduces the risk of diabetes as well as cardiovascular disease.
13. Garlic: Garlic is known to elevate the insulin level in the blood. It is rich in Allicin and vitamin B thiamine that activates pancreas for the production of insulin.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 6 Special Sex Tips for Diabetics