Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K D ModiYour feedback matters!
My parent is having sugar more than 280, and their age is around 60. Do they require my personal attention?
Hi I am diabetic and I am getting problem In personal relationship please give me a advice to me pls.
My tsh level is 8.86. And I am anxious to conceive, doctor suggested me to have eltroxin of 50 mcg a day. My doubt is will my tsh level go down quickly if I use 100 mcg a day? so that I can conceive faster? please suggest me.
Diabetic since 20 years. Pp is around 210. Take 3 pegs whisky everyday and smoke 15 cigarettes. Current problem is high sugar, trygleride above 250 and ED since last one year. Suggest remedies.
And while diabetes is a popular medical condition, a lot of people don't have much information about it. Although, they know the major types of diabetes, they have no clue about the difference between them. Here we outline type I vs type ii diabetes-
***type I diabetes- formerly known as juvenile onset or insulin dependent diabetes, type I diabetes is the one in which your body's immune system destroys all kinds of cells that release insulin. Over a period of time, this results in elimination of insulin production from the body, because of which the cells cannot absorb glucose or sugar and produce energy. Type I diabetes have episodes of low blood sugar level and it cannot be problem. Symptoms usually start from childhood or young adulthood.
***type ii diabetes- the adult onset or non-insulin dependent diabetes can develop at any age, particularly after the 30s, although the cases of same are rising rapidly among children. This type of diabetes involves production of insulin, but not in a right way, a condition known as insulin resistance. For this kind of diabetes, the person usually might not have symptoms before the diagnoses and there are rarely any episodes of low sugar level. It can be easily prevented or delayed by following a healthy lifestyle and indulging in regular exercising.
If you have any of the above symptoms or have more questions related to diabetes, click on consult privately to ask me.
I am a diabetic for the last 18 years. And i have used insulin 4 units in 2013 to control along with tablets , at present i am using tablets and my reading ranges are 108 to 130 fasting and 180 to 230 after food. I am 65 yrs old. It fluctuvate very frequently. I am gaing weight now.Please advise.
My mother's age 70 years. She is admit in heart hospital complaint with left hand pain and serum creatinine increase by 2.80.she is weak and sugar pressure patient. Sugar 180 and pressure 140/68. She is in ICU. Her angiography report 3 heart weasels block. Doctor said bypass. So what to do further? Operation? Cardiologist help me.
Sugar is an all pervasive substance that is found in most food items although specific ones such as candies, colas and sweet delicacies tend to have more of it. While it may taste great on the tongue, it may not be so good for your body as well as your teeth. Teeth are especially affected by sugar as an ingredient in all items of food. Some of the ways it affects your dental health are discussed below –
Sugar from colas, sodas and other carbonated beverages: Sugar that gets into your body in the form of carbonated beverages are the worst in terms of the nooks and crannies that it gets into. As it is in liquid form, it can swirl around the toughest corner and deposit sugar there. This will encourage the growth of harmful bacteria, causing a host of problems.
Dissolving tooth enamel: Tooth enamel is the topmost layer of teeth. This is the layer which is visible to the naked eye and is white in color. Foods such as chewy candies can leave a hard lump of sugar lodged in your teeth which the saliva in your mouth will not be able to dissolve away. This will keep producing acids and result in the dissolving of the enamel. Enamel protects the nerves of the teeth and thus will result in extreme pain and even tooth decay.
Encourages the growth of plaque: Plaque is an obstructive and sticky substance that forms on many parts of your body, including the teeth. Plaque is an ideal breeding ground for bacteria and these bacteria feed and grow on the sugar from the foods that you eat. These bacteria can cause cavities, gum infections, bad breath, destroy the enamel among causing other dental problems as well.
Some of the other related problems that can be caused by sugar on your dental health are:-
Reduction in the size of your back teeth due to erosion from acids formed from sugar.
Gum infections of various kinds which may end up requiring surgery.
Changes in the bite of a person i.e. the way upper and lower teeth come together.
Sugar may also affect the growth of bacteria in the mouth, which in turn may also cause digestion problems.
Causes bad breath due to buildup of bacteria.
I am 79, a diabetic of 44 years, have undergone bypass surgery 6 years ago. My problems are constipation (or rightly inadequate evacuation), incontinence of a mild order occurring nights in sleep, urination in broken stream and unsatisfactory outgo, body aches and pains. I walk an hour a day, about 5 km a day. What should I do? What homeo drugs will help me?
What should be threshold level of sugar in blood for the age group above 50 years ( Fating and PP) What is HbA1C1 test. What it indicates
I am 23 years old and recently I have been diagnosed with sugar. I need to know whether I am suffering from type 1diabetes or type 2 diabetes. Moreover when I first diagnosed the result was 232 after 5 days it became 175 after a week it increased to 187 and today the result showed 238.
Dear Sir, I have diabetes for the past 12 years goes sup 300 to 400 units/mg and I have diabetes neuropathy, Stiffness in leg and poor blood circulation in both legs and food and leg calf muscles are paining , continuous pain in the brain due to poor blood circulation, it looks like migraine. Please suggest me some good medicine, Can my legs/foot stiffness be removed. Is the any cure for Diabetes and my ailments.
Sir am hyper thyroid, am using methimez 10 mg since two weeks, am getting muscle and nerve pains, is it drug related.
I am now 34 years old and suffering from diabetes from past 3 years. I am using insulin to control my reading but the reading are never constant and have variations. Need assistance further.
I am suffering from sugar from 3 years losing my weight 123 to 69 kg feeling irritated how it can be cured.
The new epidemic that has taken the world by storm is obesity. The proportion of obese people is increasing and the age of onset of obesity is decreasing gradually. There is an optimal weight for a given height of a person. Obesity is when a person's weight is 20% more than the optimal weight. It brings with it a host of other health conditions, as it impairs the body’s overall functioning.
- Diabetes 2: In a normal person, food gets broken down into glucose to provide the required energy for the body using insulin. The body’s inability to produce sufficient insulin to convert the excessive amount of sugar in the body leads to diabetes. Growing to be a leading cause of early death, diabetes brings with it a host of complications affecting almost all systems and parts of the body including stroke, kidney disease, blindness, and death. Diabetes and obesity have a direct correlation and can be prevented and managed by eating a balanced diet, losing weight, exercising, and having a healthy lifestyle.
- Heart problems: An increased BMI also ups the risk for coronary heart disease (CHD), where the blood vessels are narrowed due to constant accumulation of fat in their inner walls. This gradually reduces the blood flow through these and may when complete cut-off happens, it could result in heart attack or stroke, affecting the heart or the brain. There could also be cases where the heart fails to pump sufficient blood to the rest of the body, affecting their effective functioning. Obese people also have a higher blood pressure than people who maintain a good BMI.
- Breathing problems: One of the main causes of labored breathing is excessive weight. The condition called sleep apnea which is sudden bouts of absence of breathing during sleep is very high in obesity. It can cause snoring, daytime sleepiness, increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. In people with sleep apnea, weight loss is one of the first and most recommended therapies. Asthma and general breathing disorders are also higher in obese people.
- Abnormal body cholesterol: Obese people also tend to have abnormally higher levels of body fat, especially the bad cholesterol, which again leads to coronary disease. It is a vicious cycle with one leading to the other and aggravating the other.
- Osteoarthritis: Added weight leads to pressure on the hips, knees and lower back. There is added wear and tear and pain, which further limits movement.
- Cancer: Some cancers, of the colon, endometrium, kidney, pancreas, gallbladder, breast and esophagus are more prevalent in obese people.
These are just some, there are more. The best way to avoid all these is to watch your weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.