Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K D Modi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K D ModiYour feedback matters!
MALE AGE 72 YRS. IN JULY 2013 ULTRASOUND SCAN, IT WAS FOUND THAT I HAVE A SLIGHTLY ENLARGED PROSTATE AND I WAS HAVING FREQUENT URGE TO URINATE. Post void residue was 20 ml. This is so, in recent Ultrasound scan report also. Since July,2013 I am taking one capsule Tamlet 4 mg at bedtime. With this I am comfortable andnight time I get up once or twice to urinate. Day time I go to rest room four to five times . Should I continue the medicine Tamlet 4 mg. Or can stop it. My present medications are Amlong 5 mg for BP Glycomet SR 500 mg for sugar, Ecosprin AV 75 one cap. At night. BP, Sugar are under control with medication.
My wife is having thyroid, her tsh value is 7. T3 & t4 test not done, how bad is this situation and what all eating precautions she should eat and suggest good medicine to cure.
I am 62 year old, I have diabetes and ckd with highpertension from 2013. Pl suggest me diet, pl send me personalised answer.
Because I have a type1 diabetes on insulin since 21years. And my sugar level are getting more less about fbs 20-30 I had decreased my night dose of insulin to 10u. If hypoglycemic condition occurs continuously is it effect for my mental ill.
I am type 2 diabetic and taking oral hypoglycemic drugs since 9months my weight reduced from 75 kgs to 69 kgs. Is this is effect of drugs.
I am 52yrs old , type2 diabetic patent. Present FBS 140 PP 152,taking medicine Metformine1000,1/2 Tab.Twice daily.Always FBS on higher side.Dr.Please Advice me to keep blood sugar in normal range ?
Doctor my sugar level is 341 last month now I checked 577 now without insulin I want to control my sugar level. Kindly suggest me. My age will be 40 years and my foot paths are some healing feel for every time and my weight also reduced. Kindly suggest without insulin which type of medicine tablets I will take.
I am a 50 years old and suffering from gas and abdomenal pain in upper and lower position. I am a type ii diabatic patiant.
Diabetes in children is becoming a big problem in children nowadays. More and more patients are coming up type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Parents are not ready to accept that my child is having diabetes. It’s increasing problems in lifestyle. Obesity is one factor in type 2 diabetes. In type 1 diabetes if the child is losing weight there is excessive urination, bed wetting, excessive thirst, infection or vaginal infection, One must start thinking that the child is having diabetes.
In type 1 diabetes, the treatment is only insulin. One should start insulin and there is not any requirement to visit many doctors. In case 1 diabetes you have to take insulin lifelong. The symptoms start becoming better once the child is put on insulin. The urination the excessive thirst all becomes better. Fourth it is not in the family that if the father and the mother does not have diabetes why the child got diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is not genetic, it is type 2 diabetes. There are lots of new devices that have come up lot of new insulin has come up. New insulin pump has come up for children to control diabetes and have a new lifestyle and better flexibility. Diet is a very important thing that plays a myth. Children with diabetes can have a normal diet, they can have sugary things and sweets, but within limits and when they are taking insulin.
Taking a good balanced diet is equally important in children, they are growing they are in puberty and they are more prone to hyperglycemia. They are more prone to have ketoacidosis so that is why one has to be more careful while diabetic. Many of the kids are becoming more over weight and becoming more diabetic. The weight is starting increasing and they are earlier signs that the child is getting into diabetes. Because of the weight epidemic the type 2 diabetes is increasing.
- Controlling of the diet is very important in controlling diabetes.
- The intake of food should be decreased, more careful about the lifestyle, physical exercise, regular diet control, fixing the amount of calorie intake, less sweetened fruits and foods and beverages.
- If you have very sweet fruits also you will have the problem.
- Avoiding all drinks and juices should be made a point especially the intake of milk products should also be decreased.
So in type 2 diabetes, lots of good physical exercise good diet control and may be in some children using some tablet called metformin helps in children to control diabetes.
In type 1 diabetes, insulin is required and must. In some children when they pass urine the ants start collecting it is type 1 diabetes. If the child is losing weight in spite of eating properly there are chances of type 2 diabetes. If the child is feeling tired there are chances of type 1 diabetes. If the child is passing excessive urine and wetting bed, eating food and still losing weight then there is a chance of type 1 diabetes. These symptoms one must keep in mind and always be careful if you find. If the family doesn’t have the child can have diabetes because it is normally an auto known process. If your child has type 1 diabetes you should visit a pediatric endocrinologist.
If you have any queries you can contact me on lybrate.
I am 28 years old. I am having sugar but I did not maintained for diet. Please give me suggestions for food control.
I am 70 years old and suffering from Diabetics-2 type since last 5 yrs. I also suffer from erectile dysfunction, a side effect of the diabetics. Please suggest Homeopathic medicines.
I am a 23 year old female. I have gained a lot of weight. My height is 154cm and my weight is 90 kgs. I have thyroid. I take thyroxine 75mg regularly. Yet there is no sign of reduction in my weight. What should I do?
Mai diabetes ka patient hu. Or meri sugar roj bilkul low ho jati h. Mai davai bhi time se le raha hu fir bhi as ho raha h.
I am 64 years old and diabetic. I have the problem of constipation. I prefer Ayurveda remedy for this.
Diabetes is a pervading disease as it does not spare any system of your body. The increased sugar level affects everything from circulation to vision to kidneys. Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in the eyes in the age group of 25 to 75.
Some of the common eye problems caused by diabetes are listed below
- Blurred vision: Increased sugar levels can cause blurred vision. While most people might jump to getting a corrective lens, it may not be needed in all cases. Try getting the sugar levels to normal levels and see the vision improve. It may take up to 3 months, but it is definitely possible to do away with the lens.
- Cataracts: Clouding of the lens which is known as cataracts can set in early when there is diabetes. Worsening of cataracts also is at a quicker pace with diabetics. The blurring of vision and glare can set in, which would require removal of the clouded lens and placement of an artificial lens.
- Glaucoma: There is always a certain amount of pressure on the eyes, known as intraocular pressure. This pressure increases significantly in diabetics, leading to vision changes and damage to nerves and blood vessels. Glaucoma can cause dryness in the eyes, as there is less amount of liquid that the eye makes. There could also be headaches, eye pains, blurred vision, and vision loss. In addition to eye drops, surgery and laser can also be used for correction.
- Diabetic retinopathy: The retina is a layer on which image of an object falls, and from there, a message is sent to the brain to identify an object. However, in people with increased sugar levels, the blood vessels in the retina can be damaged, leading to vision problems and even blindness. Greater the sugar levels, greater the damage. There could be people who have lost vision due to this condition. Periodic checkups are advised to ensure that the vision is constantly monitored. There could be black spots or holes in the vision, flashes of light, and even blurring of vision gradually resulting in a complete loss.
Some eye care tips:
Now that we know diabetes affects the eyes adversely, the following are some effective tips to ensure good eye health is maintained.
- If sugar levels are not well controlled, more frequent checkups are advised, else, annual checkup should suffice.
- Monitor and control the blood sugar and A1c levels
- Monitor and control blood pressure levels, as combined with higher blood sugar levels, the damage is exponential
- Quit smoking
- Monitor and control cholesterol levels
- Healthy diet with lots of vitamins, minerals, and protein
- Exercise to help in improving overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.