Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. K D ModiYour feedback matters!
Sir my age is 40+ and is diabetic patient since 11 years. I always weakness should I go for neurobion or other medication?
I am a25yr old female and have hypothyroid since 10 yrs and m not married. So is there any problem after getting married?
I am a diabetic patient and I have also a 16mm kidney stone. What are the reasons of kidney stone. Please tell me?
Keeping the blood sugar at the recommended level can be a challenging task at times. While timely medication is a key prerequisite for controlling diabetes, lifestyle changes plays an important role in keeping the blood sugar under control.
Here is a list of simple yet effective ways of managing diabetes.
- Portion size and carbohydrate count: Carbohydrates are the single most important food element that impacts the level of blood sugar in body. People taking insulin shots should ensure that the portion size of carbohydrates does not exceed the recommended level. Maintaining a diary to keep a check on the carbohydrate count can help in this case.
- Balanced diet: For people suffering from diabetes, it is necessary to have a good mix of fruits, vegetables, fat, starch and protein in each meal. Carbohydrates should be consumed in the form of fruits and whole grains. A doctor advice in this matter can be of great help.
- Avoid sweetened beverages: Sweetened beverages with high sucrose and fructose content have high-calorie content that can directly impact the blood-sugar level. Refraining from these sweetened drinks is a must for diabetes patients.
- Make an exercise plan: Exercising for half hour on a daily basis is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It makes sense to consult a doctor about the type of exercise that can be done regularly. The right mix of aerobic, cardio and muscle exercise should do the trick.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during exercise. Dehydration can bring down the blood-sugar level drastically.
- Be prepared: Carrying a small dose of glucose or a snack can come in handy. In case the blood-sugar level drops to an alarming level while exercising, the glucose will ensure that it brings it back to normal quickly.
- Follow the doctor’s instruction: Alcohol is known to cause a lot of complications for diabetic patients. For people whose diabetes is under control, make sure that the doctor gives his go ahead for alcohol consumption.
- Drink carefully: If you get a doctors nod to drink make sure that dry wines and light beer are consumed. These drinks tend to have lesser calories and carbohydrates. Their impact on the blood-sugar level, therefore, becomes minimal.
- Pattern: Stress greatly increases the blood-sugar level. While it is difficult to be stress-free, try to look for a pattern by checking the blood-sugar level after prolonged stress. This will help to identify a pattern which can then be addressed with methods such as yoga, hobby practicing, laughter therapy, etc.
- Get help: Stress management is not an easy task. If stress cannot be controlled with a conventional approached, it makes sense to get professional help to reduce stress.
I am a 36 years male. Suffering in heel pain from last three months. Specially when wake up in the morning. Uric acid is 7.8. X-ray done. Report shows the heel bone spur. Please advice.
I am 8 weeks pregnant. I am having thyroid. I had my tsh 10.1. So I started taking 150 mcg. (Earlier I used to take 88 mcg) After 10 days my tsh level dropped to 3.5 but t4 level increased to 13.1. Should I continue with 150 mcg or should I minimize dosage. Kindly help.
I have diabetes type one since 2012. I take insulin everyday in night 15 mm. Please suggest me how to control my diabetes.
My sugar level was 215 before breakfast. And 3 months average was 12. Please guide me to control my blood sugar level.
Dear Dr. Sir / Dr. Ma'am, I have TSH - 8.85, T3- Normal & T4- Normal. Please suggest which medicine I have to take. Thanks & Regards, Swati.
I am suffering from hypothyroidism from 2011 n my TSH level is 12.12 and I also suffered from Alopecia since two months from October I tk 100 mg thyroxine tablet but I put on my weight presently my weight is 78 kgs pls suggest me how I loose weight and control my thyroid thank you.
Meri age 52 hai aur mai ek female hu mujhe pichle 8 saalo se diabetes hai mera weight 55 kg hai please mujhe bataiye ki mai kya khau jisse mera thoda weight badh sake.
The pervasiveness of such a serious disorder can be attributed to its growing significance. In the past few decades there has been extensive research in the field of medical science to analyze and control the causes and symptoms of diabetes. This health condition, if unchecked, can lead one to life threatening disorder.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where a human body fails to produce the required amount of insulin. Insulin is the hormone that carries glucose to your cells. Insulin accelerates a chemical process that signals cells to receive glucose from the blood. Blood derives glucose by breaking down the food you eat; exercise is considered as an inevitable part of daily life as it helps in deriving energy from food by turning it into glucose and a host of other nutrients. A lack of insulin production leads to an accumulation of sugar in your bloodstream thus making you diabetic. Patients of diabetes suffer from upsetting symptoms. In many cases diabetes is so acute that insulin needs to be injected into a patient's body on a regular basis. Timely diagnosis and reliable medical guidance is important for patients of diabetes.
Prevent yourself from these causes:
- Genetics could lead to diabetes. If there has been a family history you should be more cautious.
- The kind of food you eat has a severe impact on your health. Irregular food habits, frequent consumption of junk food increases the chance of insulin resistance and diabetes. Hence, medical practitioners advice healthy eating habits as a preventive health measure.
- Children these days tend to become couch potatoes as they spend a lot of time watching television. Lack of exercise and subsequent obesity could also trigger diabetes in children and adults.
You may experience the following symptoms
- Low insulin production or complete lack of insulin can result in drastic weight loss.
- You can feel exhausted from moderate exertion.
- You may face vision disorders. Poor eyesight and blurry vision are some of the common symptoms.
- Patients suffering from diabetes have the urge to urinate frequently.
- Patients suffering from diabetes experience excessive thirst
- Sometimes, diabetes patients excessively loose weight
- Small wounds and cuts in diabetes patients take more time to heal