Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.Mayurnath ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old male and I think I am suffered from mental disease name Social Phobia in very extreme stage, Some people say face the difficulties to prevent from this problem. But I cannot face it, Leads to problem in my Personal, Financial and Social Life, So What should I do?
I am 44 yrs old women, off late I feel, that no body gives importance to me, whether it is at office or at home. Only when people need approval / favour from me, they keep saying good about me. Even at home only when family needs my support or money from me, they pretend to be caring. I feel like living in an artificial world. This is making me irritable. I know that I cannot change them. How do I come out of this situation. Please suggest.
I am a 61 years old male. Since the last 7-8 months I am passing through lot of stress due to disharmony with my brothers and mother as well as due to stress in the professional life. I feel very secluded. My mother who is 81 years old and paralytic and staying with us plays dirty roles and makes everbody quarrel in the family and tells al lies. Due to her presence there is an unexplained stress. We cannot also move out of our house because of her sickness. One of daughter has had a seperation from her husband and divorce with consent has been filed without any financial claim from either side. My younger daughter was recently married in a very high profile family. There was lot of stress because of arrangements of her wedding. However, the wedding took place and everything went of very well. In fact it turned out to be dream wedding. Despite that I feel that the pre-wedding stress is still causing depression. Both daughters are very well settled professionally and satisfied also despite elder daughter being seperated. We are four brothers and and all of us have misunderstanding amongst ourselves mainly because of miscommunications and lies by our mother thus creating misunderstanding in the family. I had suffered depression due to these family problems and disharmony in the family about 35 years back also when I was young. I had undergone psycatric treatment for about 6 months. I was on a drug called depsonil from 3 tabs a day which went upto 6 tablets a day and was slowly withdrawn. I feel very low and dont feel like meeting anyone or talking to anyone. I suffer from a cardiac condition hocm for which I am taking 1 tab atenolol -50 and 1 tab amlopress 2.5 od. Please suggest a remedy.
I keep felling like suiciding sometimes and when I get too excited I can't sleep at all and I keep going into depression.
I lost somebody close last year and then feel very depressed and prefer keeping myself all the time. Please help me.
Love coffee? Here's a compelling reason to keep drinking it.
The Journal of Alzheimer's Disease published a study that demonstrated some significant results related to coffee and cognitive function.
Researchers in Florida measured the amount of caffeine in participants by taking blood samples and testing the caffeine plasma levels. They also tested participants' cognitive functioning at the start of the study and categorized people as fitting into one of three categories:
Normal cognitive functioning- Overall, memory, judgment and decision-making were intact.
Mild Cognitive Impairment- Participants displayed some difficulty in cognitive functioning. Mild cognitive impairment often develops into Alzheimer's disease.
Dementia- The individual displayed clear impairments in cognition such as memory deficits, communication, judgment, etc.
After a period of two to four years, researchers found that a higher level of caffeine plasma (greater than 1200 ng/ml) was correlated with the following results:
Stable cognitive functioning (no cognitive decline) was maintained in those who began the study with normal cognition.
A lack of progression to dementia occurred in the participants who began the study in the mild cognitive impairment (MCI) category. This is especially notable because there is usually a high rate of progression from MCI to dementia.
Additionally, a higher rate of progression from mild cognitive impairment to dementia was seen in participants whose caffeine intake was lower.
I have anxiety disorder as confirmed by a psychiatrist, he proscribed a medicine but I was too anxious to take that. According to him it would increase my symptoms for next few days and then would have reduced it. I was scared so I didn't take the medicine. Can you suggest any medicine which is more effective and has no side effects.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
Ayurvedic medicines help to overcome the stress related conditions without any side effects. Some herbs proved to be helpful in relieving stress & increasing libido like Ashwagandha,
safed musali, Shatavari, Manaskalp capsule, Ozaup capsule. These are beneficial in all stress-related sexual problems. Other tips are:
- Communicate your feelings: Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am going to gym as you can see my weight is 114 is there any problem if I smoke cigarettes as I am going to the gym? And how should I reduce my weight in food diet?
It is often possible to manage anxiety by actively replacing irrational thoughts with more balanced and reasonable thoughts like the following:
1. I’m going to be OK. Sometimes my feelings are irrational and false. I’m just going to relax and take things easy. Everything is going to be fine.
2. Anxiety may feel bad but it isn’t dangerous. There’s nothing wrong with me. Everything is going to be OK.
3. Feelings come and feelings go. Right now I feel bad but I know this is only temporary. I’ve done it before so I can do it again.
4. This image in my head isn’t reasonable or rational. I need to change my thinking and focus my attention on something that’s healthier, and generally helps me to feel good about myself. For example _____________.
5. I’ve managed to interrupt and change these thoughts before – so I know I can do it again. The more I practise this, the easier it will become. Anxiety is a habit – and it’s a habit that I can break!
6. So what if I anxious. It’s not the end of the world. It’s not going to kill me. I just need to take a few deep breaths and keep going.
7. Just take the next step. Just do the next thing.
8. Even if I have to put up with a period of anxiety, I’ll be glad that I did, and persevered, and succeeded.
9. I can feel anxious and still do a good job. The more I focus on the task at hand, the more my anxiety will ease, then disappear.
10. Anxiety doesn’t have a hold on me. It’s something I’m working on, and changing over time.