Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Hima ShailavathyYour feedback matters!
Hi doctors. My mom is suffering from thyroid since long days. I can't see her like this. Is there any permanent treatment for this? If yes, than how it's possible and where should we go?
My father met an accident two years back. Due to that accident one of his eye ball has been not moving. Doctors are saying it will take time but two years has over still no result. Is there any solution?
I am having subluxation in both eyes, can I wear contacts lens? Because of eye subluxation my eye doctor instructed to do complete health check up by general physician. As per the result of health checkup, I don't have any physical issue.
My eyes has been blur sir. Please tell me what should I do? I can't see far things. And when I see any thing regular then pain start in met both eyes.
Hi My problem is heart is paining upper side middle side lower side and back side at least 4 months and I am check on dtd. April .16 lipid profile . Normal report ECHO. Normal Report TMT. Normal Report ECG . On dtd 25. July.2016 Normal report MRI. C3. 4.5.6 and 7 nurvse roots r mild diffuse please advise this is heart related issue or a cerival problem please reply.
I have eye problem. I use 2D lenses glass. But I did not want use google or contacted lens. Can you suggest me for lesic operation.
Feeling like Itching in eyes always at both the side of the eyes in the corner near nose and also throughout the day eye booger get accumulated near corner of my eyes. What is thr reason? Which eye drop should I take?
I have a desk job and since a week my eyes gets irritated and lazy. please tell me the solution of irritating eyes.
I have eye problem. My eyes r very sensitive. That's y I m seeing not well can I get some suggestions.
After retinal detachment surgery sclera buckling laser beam as part of surgery was done. After that severe constant headache in one part of the nerve about the surgery eye. What can be the reasons? Neurological examinations all normal. Also mri normal. Can Pred forte drops cause headaches. Bp is high. What to do? Taking amlong. What could be possible reasons? Eye pressure checked that also is fine.
Hllo doctor. .main laptop ko apne kaam k liye bhut use krta hoon .but meri eyes pain krne lagti hai to mujhe kya krna chahiye or kya main zero no. K glasses lga sakta ho k nhi .plz suggest me..
I have red eyes at afternoons. I also have dark lips. I don't smoke or drink. Why is this happening to me?
I have problem with my eyes. I have been using specs for 4 years. Is it safe to use lens or is it safe to have a laser treatment.
In my eyes have pain when seen screen of mobile and TV on high brightness. I have use glass of brown shade. But its to do headache.
Eye problems that are caused due to the computer can be termed as Computer Vision Syndrome. Staring a computer screen has become a part of our daily lives, for many of us. Work and pleasure both include using a computer or a tablet. Looking at this screen for prolonged periods can cause many problems including strain, pain and stress due to the repeated eyeball movements and non-blinking nature of the work that we do when we stare at a screen for many hours.
Let us find out more about the causes of computer vision syndrome or CVS:
- Repeated Movements: When the same motion is carried out on a continuous basis, it can lead to stress based injuries due to the strain and stress caused in that part of the body. Much like carpal tunnel syndrome and other injuries like tennis elbow and shoulder joint problems, this condition is also caused due to the constant and repetitive movements which are known to lead to stress injuries. The longer you continue the activity, the worse it is bound to get.
- Focus: When you sit in front of a computer screen and work, one of the most important things that you are doing is called focus. When you focus on a screen on a continuous basis, to align your eyes with what you need to read or see, you are causing long term damage if this activity is carried out for too many hours on a daily basis. This back and forth motion that makes us focus can lead to pressure and strain on the eyes, which should be broken by concentrating on other activities like writing on a paper or reading from a book.
- Eye Muscles: These types of movements and activities can actually put a lot of pressure and undue strain on the muscles of the eyes. Also, things become even more difficult for the delicate eye muscles with the glare and blue light emanating from the computer screen which also has other elements like a flicker. This causes the eyes to align themselves by putting pressure on the eye muscles, which makes working on a computer that much more challenging than reading a book.
- Wrong Glasses or Lenses: If you have nearsightedness or farsightedness, then these problems can become even more severe due to this kind of condition. Also, if you are wearing the wrong prescription glasses or lenses, your eyes are bound to suffer even more when you stare at a screen for such a long time.
Apart from all these factors, working on a computer gets even more challenging after a certain age like your forties. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
Good Afternoon Doctors, I need to clarify about my eye sight. I had under gone Lasic operation 2. 5 years before and now I am 28 years old. I have a problem of glaring effects in night time while driving. I have asked the doctor where I under gone operation. They prescribed the Hypromellose Ophthalmic Solution USP - Eyemist Forte. But again I have same problem. Can you please advise me on this. Thanks
Blurred vision is most often a sign that you need corrective spectacles for near sightedness, far sightedness or astigmatism but it could also be a sign of a bigger problem including eye diseases or neurological problems. Blurred vision involves the loss of sharpness of vision and objects appearing hazy and out of focus. It can affect one eye or both eyes simultaneously.
Whatever be your age, it is a good idea to consult a doctor as you begin to experience a blurred vision. To measure the extent of your vision problem, a doctor will do a comprehensive eye examination including spatial contrast sensitivity and a standard eye chart test.
Some of the factors that trigger blurred vision are:
- Myopia or nearsightedness
- Hypermetropia or farsightedness
- Astigmatism caused by an irregularly shaped cornea
- Presbyopia - the diminished ability to focus on objects due to the hardening of the lens in the eye
- Dry eyes or the lack of lubrication on the surface of the eyes
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Migraine headaches
- Temporary floaters in the eye formed by the liquefying of the gel in the eyes
- After effects of Lasik surgery
- Eye drops or medication
- Overuse of contact lenses
Blurred vision can also be a symptom of a serious condition such as cataract, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and cardiovascular diseases.
Treatment for blurred vision depends on the factors triggering it. Wearing corrective glasses can cure blurred vision caused by myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism. These conditions can also be treated by Lasik surgery. For blurred vision related to diabetes, check your blood sugar and get it into its optimal range.
Exercises for the eye muscles can also help sharpen vision and lower the rate of eye muscle degeneration. Some of these exercises are:
- Alternately focus on an object close to you and another far from you for ten seconds each.
- Blink your eyes and hold for two seconds
- Roll your eyes clockwise and anticlockwise. Repeat 15-20 times.
- Rub your palms together to generate heat and place over your eyes to relax them.
A healthy diet with plenty of vitamin A can help keep your eyes healthy and prevent blurring of vision. Wearing sunglasses can also protect your eyes from harmful UV radiation and lower their rate of wear and tear. Lastly avoid reading in moving vehicles and holding a book too close to your face.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.