Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Hari KrishnaYour feedback matters!
My pain appears from right side of my forehead and it go through chicks to chin, nerve swell inside mouth of right and left chicks and the pain also go through back side of neck. Please diagnosed my problem?
Hi. As I have high anxiety disorder and my b.p never reads normal in a clinic. It shoots up from 115/75 to 170/110. Is there any s.o.s. Medicine which I can take before taking the bp as I have a heart condition and want to know my actual b.p sans anxiety. Presently taking clonazepam, but it is not helping in this case. Rgds.
If a man in late 50s could not quit his smoking (which for last 15 years had been between 3-5 cig a day, what care he should take in his diet to minimize the damage or some regular not so harsh oral medicine can be taken? What are the minimum costing tests which one can undergo half yearly to know if some new damage development is taking place. By Divine Grace, no bad symptoms so far.
I am18 year old student and I suffer fro. Severe headache and due to which I am not able to gain much confidence and concentration I tried many remedies and medicines but no one help it. Please suggest me stone way to get rid of it.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 20 years old. I am not getting able to concentrate for a long time. What I can do to overcome it to have good results.
Respected Sir, I have purchased GABA supplement for sleeping and anxiety, OCD disorder. Which is the best way and time to take the pill.
I am 19 years old I am suffering from some kind of neurological disorder like I have a habit to see things very carefully while walking sitting. Like while walking I come back to see things carefully but in actual I know that the thing is wraper paper pencil but still I go. Habit of seeing water tap is closely tight. Habit of washing hands again and again. Sir this habit is from last 3 years. Sir please suggest me something.
I do a lot of daydreaming. Sometimes when I am alone I talk with myself and laugh. My 95℅ time goes in daydreaming, useless imaginations. This problem starts when was in 11th. Before it I used to daydreaming but rarely. In 12 th I saw movie TITANIC and I lost in daydreams about movie for 3-4 day. After this incident daydreaming becomes my habit. I am not able to concentrate even a single second to anything. When I started daydreaming in 11th class my performance at studies decreased exponentially. I got 88℅ in Xth but in XIIth only 60. Because I can't concentrate on studies. And in B.Tech. Only 58℅. I have stammering issues since childhood. So sir please help me. What is the problem in my brain?
Mera dimag me hamesa negatives thoughts hi atte h mujhe koi tension nhi h fir bhi ku aisa hota uske karan mujhe mansik kamjori ho raha hu kaise dur kare is negative thoughts ko.
Mother using nitrosun 10 because of some stress she did not sleep properly she take only one pill in nyt and that pill don't work so how many pills he has to take.
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
My grand mother is suffering from Parkinson but the bigger problem is that she gets fainted when she walks or sits. Is there any thing by which she can walk properly or even sit properly. Her age is about 75 years. She has problem of even getting up from bed.
Hi i am Having trust issues because of my past please help I want to trust people but I can't Now a days no one can be trusted bt it is affecting my relationships with other Always asking questions to them. Why when I don't believe you It ignores them plzz help.
My brother is continuously disturbed by headaches . Due to that he cannot concentrate well on anything for more than one hr. Any solutions for that?
Parkinsonism or parkinsonian syndrome group is of disorders which manifests as tremor, disturbances in voluntary movement (rigidity, bradykinesia or akinesia) and impairement in the balance and automatic reactions.
This syndrome do occur in various conditions, of which Parkinson's disease is quite common.
Parkinson's disease was observed by james Parkinson in the year 1817. It took about 100 years to be well verse with the pathology of this disease condition and the treatment was partially achieved by the introduction of Levo-dopa in the year 1960.
A. Idiopathic: The etiology is not understood. Example of this type of parkinson's diease, where there is degeneration of neurons in the substantia nigra and corpus striatum. It occurs usually in late adult life, progress slowly, and kills the patient by 10-15 years after the onset.
B. Vascular: Multi-infarct disease(arthreosclerotic parkinsonism).
C. Infection: Infection by various viruses, most commonly influenza virus may be causing parkinsonism like features. It is termed as encephalitis lethargica that causes focal insult to the brain matter.
D. Due to toxicity: Certain toxic chemicals like manganese, carbon disulfide, carbon monoxide, cyanide exposed in various occupation can cause diffuse damage to the brain exhibiting parkinsonian syndromes.
E. Various drugs: Phenothiazines, butyrophenones, tetrabenazine can cause Parkinsonism.
F. Multiple system degeneration that occurs in condition like Alzheimer disease shy-Drager syndrome, supranuclear opthalmoplegia, Wilson's disease, etc. can cause parkinsonism.
G. Metabolic: Abnormal calcium metabolism can cause disposition of calcium in the basal ganglia causing parkinsonism.
H. Traumatic: Multiple brain damage commonly encountered in boxers usually causes parkinsonism. This types of parkinsonism. This types of parkinsonism are called as punch boxers syndrome.
REDUCTION OF RIGIDITY IN PARKINSONISM
Rigidity has been found to reduce, to some extent, by generalized relaxation technique. Generalized relaxation can be obtained by vestibular stimulation that can be achieved by various rocking techniques. Rocking can be achieved by the use of adult vestibular ball, rocking or rotating chair, and cradle. Rhythmic initiation, which is a technique of PNF, can be used to reduce rigidity. This technique, which involves progression of exercise from passive to active assisted to active without any increase in tone, has been found to be very effective in reducing rigidity of the trunk.
Generalized relaxation techniques like Jacobson’s technique of progressive relaxation, yogasana, transdental meditation, biofeedback, savasana, etc. can also be used.