Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. GraceYour feedback matters!
I'm a Male 60, diagnosed with early stage Rheumatoid Arthritis. Suffer stiff fingers. More in the morning. But the stiffness lingers to a lesser extent during the whole day. Should I take a steroid injection (recommended by a rheumatologist at a city hospital)?
Hi doctors, im having severe pain in both my knees and sometimes its on the right, left and both and ive been to the doctor but they just prescribed pain killers and it doesn't really help, how can I help to ease the pain and any idea if it could be arthritis? Because its genetic and im 20. Also, what should I eat/drink and avoid, thank you.
Yesturday while playing football i have injured my right leg i had little pain but now the pain has increased .I find difficult in walking now . My age is 21 years height is 6'1?
My right leg knee ligament is teared 3 years back. When I walk fast my leg will more. Because of this both the leg joints became week. How to cure it by eating natural food. Can I take cartigen forte tablet. Is there any side effects in it. How many tablets I can take per day and when can I have it.
Osteoarthritis is a disease that affects the joints and bones of the body and causes a steady loss of cartilage. It causes deterioration in the constituency of calcium, drying of the synovial fluid within the joints that lubricates and eases movements and makes the bones brittle. It also involves declining in the cartilage. This disease, that mostly affects women, worsens over the time and should be treated as early as possible. It causes deformation of the joints and can lead to hard bone cysts. The muscles around the joints get weaker. They lose their ability to bear weight, causing extreme pain.
The form of arthritis which is characterized by a growing pain that gradually wears down the joint cartilages is called osteoarthritis. Usually, people over the age of 40 are most commonly affected by this type of arthritis.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis include are as follows:
- Sudden and severe pain in the joints
- Sudden pain after performing a stressful job with the pain subsiding once you are on rest
- Severe pain after moving the arms and legs for a long time; the pain becoming worse in particular weather conditions
- Joints get stiff after waking up in the morning but improve slowly as the day progresses
- Pain in the thighs and groin region, coupled with swelled joints and joints which get stiff after rest
Physiotherapy For Osteoarthritis
Physiotherapy alias physical therapy is considered as one of the fastest growing allied areas of present generation medicine. Being an important rehabilitative service needed in a community and a vital therapeutic supplement of the medical profession, it's the treatment of diseases and disabilities using physical exercises, heat radiations, cold therapy, hydrotherapy, acupuncture and therapeutic massage.
A physiotherapist first assesses the patient's condition by performing various tests thoroughly. Once he diagnoses the illness, next thing is to design physical treatment depending on the type and severity of his condition. The treatment can consist of exercise programs such as water exercising and group exercising, massages and joint manipulation that plays a vital role in enhancing the mobility of muscles and joints, reducing stiffness as well as inflammation, and pain and muscle education when there is more severe muscular complications. Physiotherapy for Osteoarthritis involves certain exercises. Below give are some of the most common exercises for osteoarthritis-
- Hot compresses help to reduce pain and swelling in the joints and provides relief.
- Knee contractions and extensions.
- Ankle and wrist rotations.
- Hamstring stretch exercises may be helpful in some cases, though such stretching exercises must be performed with assistance and guidance from an experienced physiotherapist.
- Straight leg stretching.
- It is important to provide adequate rest to your joints and not exert yourself.
- Hydrotherapy; exercising in warm water, can be extremely beneficial and relaxing. It improves mobility and strength.
- Half Squats: This exercise helps to strengthen the knee and leg muscle.
- Abdominal Crunches: Abdominal crunches help to strengthen the core muscles of the body, which contribute to the overall body strength.
- Arm circles: In this exercise, one should need to repeatedly make circular arm movements. This exercise helps to develop arm strength and tighten the arm muscles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I have got Achilles Tendonitis (severe pain in my Achilles tendon at the back of left foot) due to car driving and using the clutch excessively, I have not had any injury. Could it be due to uric acid and a gout attack? I have had past history of uric acid? should I take Feburic along with Combiflam. I am 48 years old, weight is higher than normal Uric acid is on higher side -8.2 always. Used to take Feburic, stopped now.
I have fibromyalgia from 3 years with improvement I want to join gym. Should fibromyalgia increase by doing gym exercise?
I am 64 years old. A diabetic for more than 10 yrs, but under control with medicines. Latest HBA1C is 6.3During the last two months, I feel pain in myright hand -between shoulder and knee- and also in the shoulder whenever I lift the hand or turn it. With muscle relaxant tablets and/or with ointment massage (moov or Himami) I get relief considerably. But the discomfort returns from time to time. Can you kindly advice on further course?
Hello sir /mam My knee have pain when weather is cold without tumidity and when we open or close to my knee has vice (sound) and some time I feeling my foot is very cold in back side and same time feeling to in up knee in back side leg blood not good flow. Please help me and also recommended same medicine. Thanks.
I had spondilitis prob with 1, 2 vert cervix and rheumoitoid arthritis where spine fixes into skull have woen stiff collar for 3 mths done neck exercises what else should I do to acheive near normalcyalso have pain in joint of left upper arm to torso advise remedy for pain only when I reach across to right upper neck.
My grandfather has arthritis in his joints of legs and hands also. He walks with a walker, recently his lower back bone is replaced because of fracture in the bone. Now he walks but he has some pain in joints so what should I do?
Hello doctor, my father is having diabetes, hypertension and insomnia. He is taking pregeb m, clonazepam,impramine, glinam M and amlip AT regularly. BT we r worried about the complications of these conditions and side effects of these drugs. He also feel so much loneliness. What precautions we should take to protect him from complications. That can occur in future. please suggest something to maintain his health on primary stage only. And he also have fungal infection on his lips.
My wife is suffering from knee pain for last two days, her age is 43 years and last period date 31.12.14. Pl. Help me what is reason or is there any medicine for regular periods and Hemoglobin nearly 9.5
I have pain in my left leg. Right above the knee. It is a muscle pain. I have a problem when I fold my leg.
Depression is a clinical, mental and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per who and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments.
Symptoms of depression are:
- Sleep irregularity: It relates to either insomnia or oversleeping that is, either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry: You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Feeling hopeless and sad: The first signal or symptom is the feeling of hopelessness. In this, case the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage, from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything: Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things, which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions, which you no longer find interesting.
Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines which most doctors are likely to recommend for treating depression:
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from post-partum depression (sadness or emotional conflict after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
The above mentioned medicines are just some of the medicines, which should only be taken only after consulting your doctor, as causes and symptoms differ for each person.