Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. GraceYour feedback matters!
My aunty suffering from knee pain, but she did not get up on the cot .she weight nearly 95 kg above ,some one (doctors) told knee is damaged. And she got very pain problem.
I am 52 years old man. My right knee pains. usually it pains when try pass on steps. On one occasion my knee was strucked.
What should we do for knees pain getting too much sick of this and also prefer some medicine we also make x-ray.
I am 21 year old male and I have pain in my right leg knee which on touching resembles extra growth of bone is this a serious problem?
I am 30 years old guy and I am suffering from knee pain since 2 years although I have consultant a lot of doctors but I didn't get relief. So please help me.
I have pain in my right knee, month ago my blood was checked. It was a vitamin d deficiency. What should I do.
Reasons of slight knee pain only when I sit down n try to get up their is a pain in my knee in take of calcium n multivitamins leads to increase of weight. Can only exercise can relief me frm pain.
Please prescribe medicine for authorities in knee considering the liquid formation. I am doing regular exercise and attending physiotherapy in break span. Please advice .
My bro is 23 years old and he has 1 knee pain since from 1 years he did all tests bone test all ok nerve test all ok muscle test all ok now we and even Doctors are unable to understand the pain cause and there is swelling also he can not even fold his leg properly since 5 months he is in medication still no effect all type of treatment has been performed please now you suggest us whats the problem?
I am a 25 year old boy and my left knee make a little sound when I move my legs but it doesn't pain.
Rheumatism is an auto-immune and chronic disease caused due to the abnormal swelling of the body joints in the knees or the shoulders. The symptoms of rheumatism include intense pain in the morning, mild fever with the pain, swollen joints resulting in immense pain, stiff joints, increased pain in cold climate and extreme tiredness.
Doctors are still doubtful about the exact cause of the disease, but the weakened immune system might damage the joints. This makes obese people, smokers and women most susceptible to this disorder.
According to Ayurveda, rheumatism is caused due to a major imbalance in the ‘Vata or Kapha’ dosha. The Ayurvedic remedies aim for the restoration of the body’s Vata/Kapha balance. Ayurvedic remedies help reduce the ‘ama’, the toxins produced by the body.
The Ayurvedic remedies for rheumatoid arthritis are as follows:
- Boil a cup of mustard oil with camphor in it until the camphor dissolves well. Apply the lukewarm mixture on the affected areas once a day. This helps revive the blood circulation of the affected portion and subsequently reduces the abnormal swelling of the affected joints.
- You can take a few unpeeled slices of potato and soak them in a glass of cold water. Keep it for the night and drink it the next morning on an empty stomach. Do this every day to get rid of the pain.
- Include little amounts of ginger, garlic, and turmeric in your regular meals. This will help to reduce the inflammation and stiffness of the affected joints. Ayurvedic scriptures suggest that you should try and reduce the consumption of fish, red meat, curd, spinach and extremely chilled water as they might cause an imbalance in the ‘vata’.
- Applying a recommended amount of castor oil on the affected region helps reduce the inflammation and thus, the pain.
- A herbal preparation of celery seeds can be consumed daily in order to treat rheumatoid arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.