Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Govind Raju
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Govind RajuYour feedback matters!
My mother suddenly got seizure her age is 60 y, the doctor advised rest and given eption tabs, sodium and potassium levels are lower than desired level, the ct scan and eeg reports also normal, why this happen suddenly to my mom, please help me in this regard.
A wound is a disruption of the normal structure and function of the skin.
Antibiotic therapy is not indicated in all wounds and is reserved only for infected wounds.
It is important to keep blood sugar under control while managing a wound.
All wounds, which are contaminated or have foreign bodies, need debridement.
Irrigation of the wound reduces bacterial load and also removes loose material.
Wound irrigation can be done with warm saline.
Principles of wound management are: scrub, clean and dress.
Scrubbing means that dressing should be done with clean hands, which requires proper scrubbing of the hands.
Would cleaning means that the wound should first be cleaned.
After cleaning, the wound requires a proper dressing.
Some wounds may require suturing, especially if the wound is of less than six hours duration.
In an accident if a finger is cut or a tooth is removed, one should preserve the finger or the tooth and take it to the nearest hospital along with the patient for reimplantation.
The best way to carry the amputated finger or uprooted tooth is to put them in a plastic bag and put that bag in a box containing ice.
Skin burns should be treated firstly by putting the area under the running water till the burning disappears.
In a patient with burns, the blister that forms should not be punctured.
Presence of pain is also a good sign and indicates that the burns are superficial.
Dear doctor, i am 24 years I was a normal active working men until when I had a brain stroke (right middle cerebral artery) Nov 2014. This left me to unable walk and use my left hand (hemipiegia), I was very determined to walk again but it looks me eight months to walk with support now iam far better with physio therapy but cont use my hand yet neurologist saying upto 80 or 90% recovery you may bring 10% you cant since iam only 24 this diablity remain the same or 100% recovery is possible?
Sir I am suffering from migraine pain about 2 years please tell me that how can I relive from this pain?
I am a 57 yrs old male & diabetic. Feeling acute numbness at the side of both the thighs. What do I do? please help.
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!