Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Govind RajuYour feedback matters!
My husband is 31yrs old & fours years back he met with an road accident & got head injury due to which his right side is paralyzed. Now he has recovered a little but cannot use his right hand for working & lack proper balance from right leg. physiotherapy & regular exercise is going on. I want to know if he will recover fully in future. His speech is also trembling.
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
My son is diagnosed for autism and he does not speak yet. He is 4 years old. Can you please let me know the treatment options.
I am having some wiered symptoms from last few weeks. I suddenly start feeling that everything around me is moving the same way as the fainting person feels but I remain conscious. At this point my heartbeat gets fast and my I feel like my head is getting tightened. Last night I was having a sound sleep and I suddenly woke up because I felt my head numb. My lips, eyes and everything on my head was numb and I felt a tingling sensation on my lips. Talking about the same night, every time I slept I was forced to wake up with this numbness in the middle of the night. As a result I couldn't sleep the whole night. I consulted a doctor here and performed C T scan. Everything was normal. I really want to know why all this is happening to me if the test came out normal.
I am suffering from left side paralysis since 5 yrs. After getting auyvedic treatment now I can walk and healthy but still my left hand finger movements have not come, still iam under auyvedic treatment in kerala. Can you suggest me how to get back my left hand finger movements?
After high sounded with anger to pupils, it should be cause of epilepsy? Sir I was angered to my 15 years child on basis of studies. Next day, he fill stroke of epilepsy more than 10 times in four hours for a second. What I do before going to doctor? Is it my mistake?
I am 45 years old. I m suffering from sleep apnea for last two years. I also have DNS in my nose and snoring problems too. Kindly advise me what to do.
Hi Doctor, My mom age is of 44, she have a nervous pain of past 15 years from backbone to left leg , what is the remedy and what kind of food she had to take ? Why it comes ?
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.
I have feel numbness in both side of my head and it's been even worse when I get stress and lack of sleep.
Epilepsy is a common neurology problem. We need to have proper diagnosis and treatment. The medications need to be taken very regularly. Make sure to sleep for at least 6 to 7 hours.