Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gaffar M AYour feedback matters!
How I control hair fall within week. How hair is much much fall due to dirty water.What should i do?
Your hair is one of the very important features that compliment your looks. When you spend hours and money and energy to get that perfect hairstyle, why don't you do anything to improve its roots? It is more important to have strong healthy hair rather than having fancy hair. Here are some home care tips that you can follow to get healthy hairs:
General care: The most important thing to remember about hair is they are the last to get nutrition and the first to pay the price due to lack of it. Drink at least 4 to 5 liters of water every day. Water is necessary for providing moisture to all the organs of our body. Our body supplies water to the organs that are very important for survival. Our skin and hair are the last organs to receive water. This is, in turn, necessary for the shine in our hairs.
Eat proper nutritious diet by consuming lots of salads and greens leafy vegetables. Nutrition is necessary to make the roots stronger and ultimately your hair strong. Daily consumption of one serving i.e. 7 to 8 nuts like almonds, cashews or 3 to 4 walnuts provide enough supply of natural oils that are required to give that shine to your hair.
Regular oiling and massaging the scalp creates an oily layer around the hair shaft and reduces the chances of absorption of natural moisture from the hair. This, in turn, reduces dry hair, dry scalp and dandruff and ultimately split ends.
Don't apply styling gels and sprays to the roots as they cause clogging of the pores which cause the hair roots to become weak leading to hair fall. Avoid frequent styling of your hair as it tends to make your hair roots weaker.
As much as possible, let your hair dry naturally than using an electric dryer. Don't tie your hair too tight as it loosens the hair roots. Cover your hair while in contact with a lot of wind and under direct sun. Both of these cause dryness of the hair and loosening of the roots. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hair loss at age of 23 only. Suggest me best shampoo and treatment for hair growth and dandruff issue. At present I am using nuzen shampoo. So kindly advise me how can I grow my hair and stop hair fall with dandruff.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
My friend hair are falling too much. And his half scalp is without hair. What should he do for gain his lost hair please help?
Hello sir, I have a problem with hairs fall, in a day hair are falling approx 30. Sir I very sad please tell me what I do and how I prevent?
Problem of White and hair fall pls guide me in possible way that stop my hair fall suggests any medicine which available the medical stor.
Hello .I am a girl of age 20 years and I have very thin and less hair. I also had some symptoms of alopecia but slowly cured it. I just want my hair to grow well, thick and strong. Please suggest me some medicines or treatment for better hair.
I am 20 years old female. I have dark patches on skin under arms and some other places. I don't shave or veet my hair. What is the reason for it. Suggest some remedies.
In childhood my skin color used to be fairer. But since last 6 years I had a bad habit bathing once in 10-15 days. Now its been 10-15 ays that I am trying to convert my habit by regularly bathing but whenever I rub my skin, dark black dirt comes out. Is there any solution to it? And can I get back my fair skin? If yes, how?
Hi doctor i am 23 years old and am facing black pores like black dots on my face it' s been from months how do I get rid of it. Even my skin has became dull. Please help me doctor.
He had been suffered from chicken pox. Now he is well but the marks is present yet. Suggest a good cream for removal of the marks on the face.
I am 67, my hair suddenly have started falling for last two months. Previously those were thick and healthy. What should I do, I am very much worried.
I am suffering from acne from last 5 years. I have consulted many dermatologist but during using medication my skin becomes almost clear but after stopping it the same problem. My skin is oily. blackspot and blackheads (especially over nose area and chin) all over the face. Small tiny red pimples on the face. Pores over cheeks, dark circle over eye area, facial hairs all over the face. My skin looks dull and pigmented and oily.
I have whiteheads all over my nose. And I have tried the scrubs and it is of no use. Please tell me a way to get rid of it.
Male pattern baldness is hair loss due to underlying susceptibility of hair follicles to shrink owing to the influence of androgens. It is the most common cause of baldness in men. Typically, hair loss occurs at the vertex and the temples for men, whereas women usually lose hair all over their scalps.
- Male pattern baldness is related to your genes and male sex hormones. It usually follows a pattern of receding hairline and hair thinning on the crown, and is caused by hormones and genetic predisposition.
- Generally, baldness occurs when the hair follicle shrinks over time, resulting in shorter and finer hair. Eventually, the follicles do not grow new hair. The follicles remain alive, which suggests that it is still possible to grow new hair.
- The typical pattern of male baldness begins at the hairline. The hairline gradually moves backward (recedes) and forms an" m" shape. Eventually the hair becomes finer, shorter, and thinner, and creates a u-shaped (or horseshoe) pattern of hair around the sides of the head.
The cheapest way is to hide it by wearing a wig. Medicines that treat male pattern baldness include:
- Minoxidil (rogaine) - It is a solution that is applied directly to the scalp to stimulate the hair follicles. It slows hair loss for many men, and some men grow new hair. Hair loss returns when you stop using this medicine.
- Finasteride (propecia, proscar) - It is a pill that interferes with the production of a highly active form of testosterone that is linked to baldness. It slows hair loss. It works slightly better than minoxidil. Hair loss returns when you stop using this medicine.
- Dutasteride is similar to finasteride, but may be more effective.
- Hair transplant - This process consists of removing tiny plugs of hair from areas where the hair is continuing to grow and placing them in areas that are balding. This can cause minor scarring and possibly, infection. The procedure requires multiple sessions. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.