Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Anesthesiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G. Subba Reddy
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. G. Subba ReddyYour feedback matters!
Her head is spinning every time since last 2 days when she starts continuing this medicines. She is diabetic. Due to joint, heel pain nd diabetes doctor has prescribed these. Tell me if anything wrong wth this medicine or give some advice. When the sugar level was around 170 (fasting) her head was not spinning. Nw frm 2 days its happening.
My brother is suffering from back pain after a long drive of about 300 km, why it is so& what measures should be taken? Please suggest. His age is 48.
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury - Your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
Normally, neck pain in adults tends to gets fine in a week or so by taking proper rest and medication. But when it comes to kids, one has to be careful because if a kid is complaining of neck pain, it could be because of muscle soreness or slight infection but you need to be careful as it can be much more than merely a neck pain. Here, we are not referring to the neck pain which occurs during sore throat but the pain that happens at the back of the neck.
Let’s see how harmful it could be:
1. Torticollis: If a child’s neck pain is so severe that he’s not able to move his head, then it could be torticollis. You know that it’s torticollis when your child keeps his head continuously on one side which is often associated with painful muscle spasms.
2. Infection in lymph node: Pain in kid’s neck could be because of infection in lymph node which irritates the neck and causes its spasm.
3. Damaged spinal cord: Spinal cord gets its protection from neck. A little pain in the neck could be because of some fracture which the child might have got while playing etc. and did not notice. So, even a mild neck pain in children shouldn’t be ignored and if the child finds it bearable, then you must consult a doctor at once.
4. Meningitis: It’s a bacterial infection of the membrane which covers spinal cord and brain. A child can suffer brain damage if it is not treated in time. And it starts with neck pain only, so it shouldn’t be ignored at any cost.
5. Swelling of glands: When a child is complaining of neck pain or discomfort in the neck area, it can be due to infection which can cause swelling in the glands. So consulting your doctor on time will be good for your child’s health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.