Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. G Satish KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi 2 years back it was detected that I do have hypothyroidism. I continued Ayurveda treatment for almost 2 years however I have discontinued the treatment as the medicine was making me very lethargic and was also affecting my decision making skills. Is there a way I can control thyroid without medicine.
I am 33 years male I have checked randomly blood sugar that I have sugar around 300 and my eyes are get blur I loss my weight suddenly is there any method to solve this.
I am 27 old unmarried girl suffering from diabetes which get to know 2 days before. I am in lots of tension how to cure it and how it will be normal?
Hello sir or madam? My father was check in hospital report shows tht he is suffering frm beginning SUGAR. So I want to know tht can we stop or remove tht disease.
I am 49 year, how should prevent from High Blood Pressure and Diabetes? How should I maintain my self?
Processed foods are devoid of natural fibre. On an average women need 35g and men 38 gm of fibre daily to keep their gut healthy. Also fibre binds the excess sugar as well as bad cholesterol from the blood stream and excretes it out. Thus fibre helps in diabetes, cholesterol, acidity, gastritis, GERD, constipation, IBS etc. To get more fibre, one should incorporate sprouts, plenty of fruits and raw veg in the form of salads.
I am a diabetic patient. I have already contact with doctor and different medicine. Presently my pp level is 278, how can I normalized my sugar level, please advise.
I am a male, 61 years of age, suffering from Type II diabetes and hypertension since the last 17 years. I have been advised to take Human Mixtard insulin in the morning (20 units) and evening (15 units), besides other oral medications - in the morning: 1 Tab. Jalra M 50mg/500mg. For diabetes; 1 Tab Winbp 40H and in the evening: 1 Tab. Glycomet - GP 3/850, 1 Tab. Nebistar 5 mg, 1 Tab Ecosporin AV 75. Since I am on insulin, as it is, what is the rationale/need to have Jalra and Glycomet - since the metformin intake orally, exceeds 1300 mg per day?
Hello sir good afternoon may I know in which age insulin needed to sugar patients and will ayurveda medicines work for sugar and blood pressure.
AMH level is 0.01. Is there any injections given at this stage. Is there any chances for ovulation to occur. Please give me answer.
I have gaut last 3 years I was checked CRP and uric acid crp is positive and uric acid is >7.0 so what I do for this deasese?
Diabetes control is governed by following the right diabetic diet. What to eat and what not to eat is important for diabetes control, cure or diabetes reversal.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.