Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G. KiranYour feedback matters!
My grandfather is now 80 and he use to walk straight alone a week before now he can't. Now he want the support to walk . What should be done to him to walk alone. He has a sugar.Please tell.
My mother has a diabetes from 10 years. Currently she has been taking below medicines from 6 months: Istamet 50/500 Mitovit Rosuvin 10 Mclazide M proper 15 Her last 3 months reports are: June - Before fasting - 160 & after fasting - 288 May - Before fasting - 240 & after fasting - 326 April - Before fasting - 190 & after fasting - 282 Please guide us if we can continue with the same medicines? Or can we start ayurvedic medicines? Thank you, Ankur.
My brother age 22 years diagnose with diabetes. A1C TEST 9.6 sugar 203 FASTING AND 283 PP. WHAT DIET AND ACTIVITY SHOULD DO AND WHO treatment DOCTOR would BETTER. AND IS ANY SERIOUS MATTER IN THIS AGE GROUP. CAN LIVE LONG WITH THIS.
Hi I have blood sugar 120 fasting & 145-155 after food. What I do for reduce it. I have taken one tablet of guloconorm Sr.
I am 77 years old having diagnosed with parkinsons. It is two years since hand tremor started. Neurologist prescribed ropark (ropinirole) 2 mg, rasalect (rasagiline) 0.5 mg (both after breakfast) and betacap (proponolol) 0.5 mg (morning and after supper) further tests show hypothyroidism and two months after having medication tests show normal. No investigation was done to ascertain as to why thyroid is under performing. I have lost a lot of weight too. I would appreciate your reply to all my points
My hb is 16.4 which precaution for me. I am diabetes for past 15 years and fasting is 110 to 125 and pp is 250 to 300 please help me.
I am 43 year old male, I am suffering diabetics since last 23 year. What kinds of physical exercises suitable for me.
Hi. I m 30 yrs old . I suffering from diabetes. I m too much depresse about my future because i m not married.?how can i handle this situation?
How the dry fruits and nuts helpful in daily life. What is quantity to take everyday. Even the cancer patients (while taking chemotherapy and treatment) and diabetic people also can take dry fruits and nuts. Please give your opinion on this.
I am suffering from severe acidity which causes burning in chest. It increases after eating. I am diabetic and having hypo thyroid n bp increases sometimes. Pl reply.
Each tiny action we commit involves the risk of a condition, disease or disorder. For instance, sneezing a bit too hard can rupture an eye vessel, or having your face right up against the wind in a moving bus can expose you to germs. Diabetes is as prevalent as common cold in every household and there is no end to the list of causes that can make you suffer from it. While regular check-ups, medications, insulin shots can help you cope, there are certain measures that if followed, can enable you to avoid the risk of secondary yet fatal diseases. Diabetic nephropathy is one such condition.
When Kidney is affected to the extent that it cannot perform its functions(like excretion of wastes in urine, filtering blood from waste, maintaining electrolyte balance,etc.) properly, it is called as Nephropathy. The reason behind kidney damage could be many, but if diabetes is the prime cause, it is known as diabetic nephropathy in medical terms.
A few features of this disorder are as follows:
- The kidneys comprise of several small blood vessels, which perform the function of sifting waste from your blood. Diabetes at an advanced stage can impede smooth functioning of these vessels. As a result, the kidneys malfunction or a person faces kidney failure.
- Nephropathy brings along some other health issues as well. A person's blood pressure may increase as a result, thus making him or her prone to heart attacks and strokes. Sharp rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels has also been noticed.
- A doctor will check for the presence of a protein called albumin in the patient's urine to know if you suffer from nephropathy or not. Other tests to determine the functioning of kidneys are - S.Creatinine, eGFR, Albumin/Creatinine Ratio (ACR), 24 Hour Urine Protein, Renal Function Tests, etc. A diabetic person should therefore go in for yearly tests.
In a given situation such as this, dialysis or kidney transplant comes to your aid. Both are done when kidney functions are irreversibly damaged. Dialysis can be of two kinds; Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis. Dialysis (also called as Renal Replacement Therapy) remedies kidney damage and kidney failure by using a machine to extract salts, wastes and other fluids in excess from the blood to let your blood have a healthy composition. Dialysis should only be done under the supervision of an experienced nephrologist for best results.
Goodevening doctor, I am 35 years old lady diagnosed with hypothyroid since 2 yrs. Taking 50 mg eltroxin daily. My weight is gaining so much should I take green coffee bean tablets for weightless. Is there any sideeffects of this. Regards.
Adhering to a Mediterranean diet, rich in fruits and vegetables and low in animal products may protect from developing type 2 diabetes. The diet emphasizes olive oil, vegetables, fruits, nuts, cereals, legumes and fish, and deemphasizes meat and dairy products. It is a healthy eating plan that seems to help in the prevention of heart disease.
In a study published in the British Medical Journal, researchers tracked the diets of 13,380 Spanish university graduates with no history of diabetes. Participants filled out a 136–item food questionnaire, which measured their entire diet (including their intake of fats), their cooking methods and their use of dietary supplements. During an average of 4.4 years of follow–up, the team found that people who adhered to a Mediterranean diet had a lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes. In fact, those who stuck very closely to the diet reduced their risk by 83 percent.
Moreover, the people who tended to stick closest to the diet were those with factors that put them at the highest risk for developing diabetes, such as being older, having a family history of diabetes and being an ex–smoker. These people were expected to have a higher rate of diabetes, but when they adhered to the Mediterranean diet this was not the case.
Type 2 diabetes is typically brought on by poor eating habits, too much weight and too little exercise.
One key factor that might be responsible for the protective effect of the Mediterranean diet is its emphasis on olive oil for cooking, frying, putting on bread and mixing in salad dressings.
Tips to prevent diabetes
Omit refined carbohydrates (white sugar, white rice and white maida)
Use olive oil, vegetables, fruits, nuts, cereals, legumes and fish, and reduce meat and dairy products.
What is diabetes, how we come to know about it and what precautions should we have to take to control diabetes.
She 46 year old and she is suffering from thyroid since last 10 years and taking thyroxine eltroxin 100mg tablets prescribed by doctor and she became very fat because of thyroid please suggest some method through which she can get back in shape again and and can rid of thyroid.
I am 15 years old. I want to ask that my grandma is suffering from diabetes from about 1 week her sugar level is increased so I want your suggestion what to do.
Mine platelet count is always below 65000. I am already taking thyroxine 75. Is there any relation of my low platelet count with hypothyroidism. I also have varicose veins.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.