Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. DanielYour feedback matters!
I am a 15 year old diabetic; from the past two/three months, I have a lot of burning sensation on the bottom side of my feet; sometimes I also feel numb; I am afraid that is it due to improper blood circulation? Please suggest me suitable remedies.
I am a Diabetes patient. What are the fruits which I can eat? What are the activities by which I can stay healthy?
I am a diabetic patient. Should I avoid taking a bottle of beer once in a week? If taking a bottle once in a week is benefited for me, please explain it's role.
I'm the patient of thyroid, i'm taking thyronorm 50MCG and now it's control, but my symptoms same before like weight loss, hair fall, hungerness etc. Why this and what I do?
I am 27 years female. Today is my 63 days since my last periods. I have took pregnancy test 2 times as per the proper prescription but the same came negative. What could be the reason. I have thyroid problem, but the same is under control and is in normal level since I am getting treatment from a thyroid specialist. What could be the reason behind this or what test shall I conduct to be sure about this? please help.
My wife is 41 years old. She is suffering from thyroid since five years. She has consulted the reputed doctor and undergoing the treatment. But still she is not getting rid of this disease. Kindly give me the expert advice.
I am suffering from diabetes I would like to take green tea can I take two cups green tea daily with honey.
Hello sir. My brother who is a diabetic patient. 40 years old. Today only on test get results as 295 on fasting and 394 after food. please suggest the medicine and precaution as early as possible.
My wife is 52 yeas old and is suffering from hypothyroidism. Her latest report is T3 108, T4 8.2 TSH 6.54. Her blood pressure in morning is normally 90/155. She is taking thyronorm 50 mg and Olmat 20 mg. Can she lower her dosage?
Pregnancy brings with it a set of challenges, and for a diabetic woman, these only increase further. Earlier, the risks of dealing with pregnancy and diabetes as a combination were too high. However, over the last few decades, things have changed. The age at which women are choosing to have a baby has gone up. On the other hand, the age of onset of diabetes has come down drastically.
These days, there are many diabetic women who go through pregnancy smoothly without major complications. Of course, there is extra care and precaution required, but it is not something that cannot be planned and managed well between the doctor and the mother-to-be.
The following are some rough guidelines for a pregnant diabetic woman.
- It increases the risk of polycystic ovaries, thereby making it difficult to conceive.
- Fluctuating sugar levels can be a reason for not being able to conceive, as the body does not see itself as healthy.
- It increased the chances of miscarriage.
- There are higher chances of birth defects in the developing baby due to very high sugar levels in the first trimester.
If you are planning for a pregnancy, meet with your doctor to review your sugar levels. Chalk out a plan with your doctor, taking into account your diet and nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, and medications.
- Diet: Ensure you cautiously decide what and how to eat ahead of your pregnancy. Moving away from refined carbohydrates and processed foods towards wholesome food items like whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables will make a difference.
- Exercise: Build an exercise routine to suit your body and keep yourself active. It is very important to stay active so that diabetes is under control.
- Lifestyle: Quit smoking and reduce alcohol use. This helps in managing stress also, which can help keep diabetes under check.
- Medications: Check with your doctor on the medicines you are taking and if dose adjustments are required to get sugar levels under control, plan them out.
During pregnancy, constant monitoring and vigilance is required to ensure diabetes is under control.
- Let your gynecologist know about your condition (stable/fluctuating), and if you are doubtful about them being able to handle your condition, do not hesitate to change.
- Many consider switching to oral medications as the risk of transmission to the baby is less and the control over sugar levels is better.
- Constant monitoring for daily blood sugars is essential.
- A regular, healthy lifestyle in terms of eating and sleeping should help keep the sugars under check.
- Constant monitoring of the baby is essential to ensure its normal growth with no developmental defects.
Read up and train yourself on how to deal with low or high sugar levels. Happy sugary pregnancy!