Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D.V.Ramakrishna
Submit a review for Dr. D.V.RamakrishnaYour feedback matters!
My friend needs a piece of advice for himself, his question is as follows: I don't digest much food, as well as I feel full. Add to that in the morning I just eat a piece of cake then I become nauseous. So what is the problem, and what are the steps given to avoid this complication?
I am 43 year old from last year I have acute gastritis problem and fatty liver. Please advise diet ?
I am Suffering from stomach swelling (esophagitis, duodenitis diagnosed in endoscopy) from last 10 years, acidity, gas and bloating, light pain in upper middle stomach below the ribs. Relief after eating something. Doctor suggested me to take pantoprazole if problem persist. Can I get rid from this disease?
My dad is diagnosed for fissure. Wen he sits he gets burning sensation in anus. While going for stools also he is getting burning sensation. He is 78 years of age and can't walk much. Wat treatment he shd undergo. He is diabetic and takes half tablet diabetrol. He is having BP and takes betaloc 50 mg and tazloc h40 mg daily.
Hello Doc, I Am writing To You on My Father's Behalf, Actually He is Suffering From Serious Kind Of Problem Which Is Affecting his Day to Day Life ie IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and Brain Fog. He is 49 Years old, As of now He tries Every Specialist, psychiatrist But he is Not Getting Answer To his Solutions. Kindly help us.
I am a 48 years old man suffering from chronic constipation, and gas problem. I feel headache mostly during evening and mild giddiness all the day. please Help me.
- Limiting intake of dairy products will help in managing diarrhea, abdominal pain and gas problems.
- Eat high fiber foods, such as fruits, vegetables whole grains. The sitoindosides in dried, unripe bananas increase mucus in the digestive tract, which provides a strong protective coating to help prevent and heal ulcers.
- Yogurt and buttermilk are excellent for maintaining a balance of beneficial bacteria in bowels.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity may cause increased pressure in the abdomen which leads to acidity.
- Avoid eating heavy meals late at night, finish the last meal, preferably 2-3hrs before bedtime.
- Avoid acidic foods and juices that make the symptoms worse like pepper, spicy foods, chocolates, and high-fat foods.
- Drink plenty of fluids, have at least 10 glasses of water. Avoid caffeine which stimulates the intestines and makes diarrhea worse, while carbonated drinks produce gas.
- Manage stress. Although stress does not cause ulcerative colitis it may aggravate symptoms and even delay healing.
- Get enough sleep so that the body has time to repair and regenerate damaged cells without the demands of digesting food.
- Avoid- cream and pastry, citrus fruits, carbonated drinks, alcohol, spicy food, strawberry, soya, tea/coffee, meat.
Day by day I became slim. Have gas problem and digestion problems. I am working as office staff. Morning take simple breakfast and noon food is taken at 2.30 pm. Then the food is taken at dinner 9.30 pm. please give remedies for slim and what is the protien foods.
My doctor has advised me for a surgery since I am suffering from gall bladder stone. What will be the appropiate one pin hole or surgery & what will be the cost for pin hole & surgery?
I am having pain in my abdomen from last 3 days. Loss of appetite, back pain, nausea.i also had black stool buy now the stool is of normal colour. Please help.
I am a 20 years old and I am 4'10" girl. It is really disappointing to be a little height girl. Please suggest me some height increasing facts. I also have some digestive problems so I just eat some selective foods. Thanking you.
There is swollen at my left side of the stomach, most probably at the left lower abdomen. Little pain is also there while bending down and the affected part becomes sometime heavy tight as compared to right side. I am also having pain at my left corner side of my back while bending down. Please help me or suggest any medicine.
I have a very upset stomach from few days. About three days I am suffering from hyper acidity. I tried various antacids like gelocine etc but it doesn't made any difference. Please help.
Extreme gas formation. It does not lead to any other problems. But in the morning I have to pass out whole lot of odourless wind everyday no matter what I eat. It becomes very problematic.
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease caused due to intolerance to the protein called gluten found in common foods like wheat, barley, and rye. The exact reason for the disease is not known, but gluten attacks the small finger-like projections in the intestine called the villi, which help absorb nutrients during the digestion, leading to malnourishment.
Onset of the disease is usually once the child has started on solid foods and can include diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, underweight, skin rashes, anemia, mouth sores, etc. Diagnosis usually happens with a detailed discussion and checking the level of antibodies against gluten in the blood. In rare cases, an intestinal biopsy may also be required. Once confirmed, the following are ways to manage celiac disease.
Dietary changes: Avoiding gluten-containing foods is the first step to treating celiac disease. These are common food substances like wheat and barley. In some cases, the entire family may choose to or need to take this diet, just to provide moral support to the child.
- Breads, cakes (made from wheat)
- Creamed or breaded vegetables
- Processed meats
- Dry roasted nuts (as agents used in processing could have wheat)
- Fried chicken
- French fries (that are coated in flour)
- Spreads, soft cheeses, and dips
- Salad dressings
- Gravies and sauces (including some tomato and meat sauces)
- Soup mixes and canned soups
- Crab or other seafood
- Malt or malt-flavored drinks (usually made from barley)
- Modified food starch (modified corn starch is OK; modified wheat starch is not)
- Nondairy creamer
- Soy sauce and soy sauce solids (may be fermented with wheat)
- Wheat-free products (may contain barley or rye flour)
- Yogurts containing wheat starch
Read the labels of foods to ensure they are free of gluten. Organic/natural food stores and health food stores contain wide range of gluten-free products that can be used with minimal effect on the child's food habits.
Eating out: Just because the child has celiac disease, eating out is not ruled out. Carefully choosing what to eat is suggested. Also, letting the chef know is a good idea, as most chefs will prepare something safer for the child.
Cross-contamination: Avoid cross-contamination: In schools or in cases where the child could potentially eat from other children's boxes, make sure the child is well informed and ensure he does not eat from other kids' lunch boxes. It is also a good idea to keep the class teacher and a couple of his close friends informed of the child's condition.
Most children are easy to educate and adapt well to the changes required, knowing very well that it is for their own good. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.