Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChandYour feedback matters!
My 5 year old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
I am 26 years old recently I met with an accident I am fine now but the thing when I breathe strongly I am getting pain on my left chest even when I get cough also and after it was being normal every time and one more I got cold and synas also when I am splitting it was coming very solidly, I am able to work and every thing fine but what happened to me I can't able to understand kindly do the needful doctor.
I am having heavy cough problem from last Friday. It is not dry cough. There is no fever. But nose is wet & something coming out from my mouth when I cough! I think you understood the type of cough I am facing! Please suggest me some common antibiotics Or something to heal which are easily available in medical stores! Thank you!
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I am suffering from cough while talking from the past two weeks. Can you suggest me with what to be done?
Asthma, a condition often labeled as incurable and chronic can be cured if treated with Homeopathic medicines. Cases of recent origin and those affecting children have shown encouraging curative results and chronic, advanced cases experience noticeable reduction in the intensity and reoccurrence of the attacks.
If you are heavily dependant on bronchodilators or inhalers Homeopathic treatment will help you fight the precipitating factors (allergen), thereby making you less dependant on those medications.
Conditions such as poor resistance to climatic changes, recurrent colds / sinusitis and atopic dermatitis (skin affection) can be effectively cured during the course of the treatment.
How do we achieve this?
A holistic or a constitutional approach in which a remedy capable of influencing the following factors is prescribed:
Person’s family history (genetic predisposition)
Personal health history (sensitivity to allergens)
Body type (obesity and immune status)
Present status of all physical symptoms (intensity & frequency of the asthma attacks)
Any emotional aggravating factor
This individualistic approach helps in overall improvement of the condition and relieves any other condition associated with asthma.