Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C.g.k. MurthyYour feedback matters!
I would like to share the thyroid report of my prospective partner who has inherited hypothyroidism. His doctor has prescribed him thyronorm 25 gm. He will have to take medicine lifelong because of his condition. Is he physically fit for marriage? Mr. SUJEET (40Y/M) REF. BY SELF TEST ASKED T3-T4-TSH SAMPLE COLLECTED AT:(1100965697, SUBHAM CLINIC, HAYAT NAGAR. KHORA COLONY, 110096 Thyrocare 260 - 261, Tribhuvan Complex, Ishwar Nagar, New Delhi - 110 065 TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3) C.L.I.A 110 ng/dl 60 - 200 TOTAL THYROXINE (T4) C.L.I.A 9.2 µg/dl 4.5 - 12 THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH) C.L.I.A 3.68 µIU/ml 0.3 - 5.5 Comments: SUGGESTING THYRONORMALCY Please correlate with clinical conditions. Method: T3 - Competitive Chemi Luminescent Immuno Assay T4 - Competitive Chemi Luminescent Immuno Assay TSH - ULTRA SENSITIVE SANDWICH can LUMINESCENT IMMUNO ASSAY.
Whether we should consume black coffee with minimum sugar level to achieve the claimed results and what is the ideal quantity level in each cup is preferred? Ranga@Coimbatore.
Hello Doctor, My Father is sugaring from Kidney problem and he is also diabetic patient. He is having this problem from 5 years and going hemodialysis in a hospital twice a weak. Before 2 days when we went to hospital for dialysis he started shouting and shivering and fever started. We were very confused and frightened. We rushed him to our neighbor hospital SKIMS in Kashmir. Doctors advised to get an X ray for chest and was observed fluid in chest. They drained 1200 ml of fluid from dialysis. He is still admitted in hospital and he is not doing urine from 48 hours. Doctor advised for USG and Urinary Bladder was found empty for two checks of usg. Please tell me that what is actual problem. We are upset and hopeless. PLEASE HELP US.
Hi Sir, My uncle has a diabetes problem so I want to know what to do for reduce the diabetes and which food will be taken for and what is cause of diabetes pls tell me.
What are the symptoms of sugar? I am feel that very lazy and weak. I take more sweet and carbohydrate.
Infertility has significant social impact on india. Evaluation of male should occur simultaneously with female partner when there is no pregnancy after one year of regular unprotected intercourse. Semen ananysis is not a test of fertility. Fertility is couple related phenonmenon. The patient can not considered fertile only on the basis of normal semen analysis. It was shown that 30% of patients with normal semen analysis have abnormal sperm function. Semen anaysis should be performed according to 2010 who guidelines.
Male fertility problems ranges from decreased production of sperm (oligospemia) motility defect (asthaenospermia) morphology defect (teratospermia) or non-measurable level of sperm (azoospermia) which is diagnosed in 2% of general population. Azoospermia is one of the major reproductive disorders which causes male infertility in humans. Genetic factors are responsible for 1/3 rd case of azoospermia. There are two types of azoospermia obstructive and non-obstructive.
Obstructive azoospermia is defined as absence of spermatozoa in the ejaculate despite normal spermatogenesis and affects 6%-13.6% of infertile male while non-obstructive azoospermia is most severe form of azoospermia which affects 10% of infertile male.
Sperm retrived can be achieved in case of azoospermia through pesa (percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration) mesa (microscopic epididymal sperm aspiration) tesa (testicular sperm aspiration or micro tese (microscopic testicular sperm extraction).
The appearance of 5 th edition of who manual (2010) is radical shift in understanding fertility in men. The 5 th edition of the who manual for semen analysis includes for first time reference values for human semen characteristics. Sperm counts >15 m are considered normal which means fertility is possible although it is imp to remember that higher values up to >140 m are known to increase fertility probability, values between 15-140 m represents a category of male subfertility.
Introduction of icsi (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) or testtube baby has brought hope for men when severe male factor infertility and provide them chance to become biological fathers.
Diabetes is an abnormal condition where the sugar-levels in humans are higher than usual. Ayurveda can be used efficiently in treating this condition. In Ayurvedic terms, Madhumeha is the allopathic treatment of diabetes. In Indian terms, diabetes is known to the common man as Prameha, which is said to be divided into 3 major types – Kapha, Pitta and Vata. Lack of exercise and intake of food having excess of snigdha, ushna and guru types are said to be the chief cause of prameha.
Along with drugs and medications, Ayurveda stresses on the importance of a balanced diet and exercise. The management modules that can be categorized are:
- Vyaayam (Exercise)
- Panchakarma (Procedures for Bio-purification)
- Pathya (Regulation in diet)
- The use of therapy (Medications)
The individual’s constitution highly affects the ayurvedic treatment of prameha. Some of them are:
- Obstruction in srothus
- Ahara and Vihara
- Dosha predominance of disease
- Hereditary factors
- The prakrithi of the patient
- Manasika Prakrithi
- Dooshya vitiation
Management of diabetes can be done using a variety of herbs. Some of them are:
- Eugenia jambolana (Jamun beej churna)
- Pterocarpus marsupium (Vijaysar churna)
- Ficus bengalensis (Nyagrodha twaka churna - banyan tree bark)
- Momordica chirantia Karvellaka (Karella – Bitter Gourd)
- Kirat tikata (Chirayata)
- Embelica officinalis (Amla)
It is possible that certain patients are unable to respond to insulin or hypoglemic medicines. In this case, an ayurvedic physician may prescribe some ayurvedic drugs such as:
- Dhatri Nisha
- Chandraprabha vati
- Vasant kusumakar rasa
Diabetes is not just a lack of insulin. It is most probable cause is plain poor maintenance of your body. It 's cure will need to include all of these things discussed. By doing all, diet, herbs, exercise and stress management, you can certainly take care of your Diabetes.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi My blood sugar count before food is 102 after food is 124. Am I a diabetic? my kidneys got effected 15 yrs back due to ayurveda medicine. I got treated with steroids. Now I am fine. Taking medicines ditide-1mor 1 night potchlor syrup 10 ml twice. How this diabetic report effect me?
I am suffering from diabetes. I check sugar daily with accucheck machine. Normally fasting sugar is around 130 And post meal sugar is 175. I am taking madhunashini tabs of patanjali. I am also taking karla and kadulimb juice daily. Please advise me what should be ideal readings of sugar when checked with accucheck. Please also advise me the treatment for fast recovery i. E. Bringing down the sugar level to desired level. Suhas pethe.
I'm diabetic and my husband too. We don't have kids and we r planning .I read drinking mint tea (mint boiled in water) is good for diabetic .I read some where taking more mint can lead to impotency and sterility. Is it true!
I am 37 years old female. From the past 3 months, after having period my weight is increasing and spotting remains for the whole month. This is happening from 4 months. Thyroid level is 4.23. Within these 2 years I gained more than 20 kgs. I am on regular diet, doing exercises, etc. But of no result. Please advise me.
Diabetes is so common that it has become a part of our daily life. Almost every 7th person on this earth is affected with this dreaded disease. Therefore, it is not uncommon to find someone in our family affected with Diabetes. Let us see what can we do to keep our affected dear ones healthy, free from complications and lead a productive life, along with preventing others in the family from becoming Diabetic.
Changes Required in Family:
- Diet: Diabetes is basically a lifestyle disease. Changes in our daily routine can help to modify the disease. Remember the so called diabetic diet is not something very special but a very healthy combination of foods. If we incorporate such kind of diet in our daily routine we can always keep our dear ones healthy and can prevent ourselves from becoming diabetic. So ultimately it benefits both. Recent data shows that if one of the spouse is diabetic it increases chances of developing Diabetes in the other partner. This reflects on the bad lifestyle habit of the whole family.
- Diabetes and family Exercise: Second important aspect required is regular exercise and believe me it's just not possible for a common person to go for exercise with the rest of family sitting at home. It requires a combined effort and hence if one person is diabetic it is always good to change your family lifestyle and start exercising as a whole family.
- How to Prevent Diabetes in other Family Members: If one person in the family is diabetic there are always more chances of developing Diabetes in other members of the family. It involves preventing obesity by incorporating good dietary habits, regular exercising.
Anyone in family with a history of Diabetes should get there blood glucose checked yearly after the age of 40 and if one has a hectic lifestyle then they should opt for the tests after the age of 30. These involve testing your blood glucose fasting as well as postprandial and also getting your HbA1c checked. If you find any report abnormal, consult your Endocrinologist.