Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B RamanYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic and have thyroid problem for which I am taking medicine. I am 58 years. My skin is very dry and wrinkled and I have itchiness which turns into black spots especially my hands and feet. Could you suggest some remedy for the same.
I am diabetic patient from two years now I am taking two tablets in a day glimepride 2. As per doctor advice now I want to know sometimes I forget to take medicine before taking meal can I take medicine immediately after finish the meal. Please reply me immediately thanks.
Iam 27 yrs old, suffering from infertility problems like pcos, unicornute uterus. Wat are my chances of getting pregnant?
I am 49 years old diabetic but my fasting is 90, my cholesterol lipid profile is controlled, my bp is near normal but I feel lazy to do work and always not energetic in work Please help.
My uric acid present is 7.3. And I am a thyroid patient. My does is 50 mg. Thyronorm. How can I control my uric acid problem.
Sir. My mother has sugar problem. Now her level is in control. Doctor said that my mother should take medicine for entire life. Is their any to solve this.
I am suffering from over weight can you pls give me advice. I have thyroid problem. HW t reduce personality.
I am suffering from diabetes from last ten years and taking medicine zorylMP2, BGR,MADHUNASHNI (patanjali, but my sugar not in control. Please advise me what to do for controlling sugar.
I am 60 Yrs old female with pain in joints and muscles. I am diabetic hypertensive. I am on medication. Sometimes I feel very down n low. Please help.
Sir/madam, I am the diabetic patient can I use lemon with, watermelon, cheese and patica bellam (like a sweet item).
Infertility is a condition that refers to the inability to conceive, even after regularly having unprotected sex for a period of 6 months at least. In most cases, infertility may also refer to the biological inability of a person to contribute to the process of conception; or to a woman who is incapable of carrying a pregnancy to its full term.
There are several causes behind infertility; but taking the current lifestyle of the people into account, stress and a sedentary lifestyle are emerging as major factors behind this condition.
How do stress and a sedentary lifestyle cause infertility?
1. Stress: Stress is turning into a major cause of infertility, esp. in women. A research carried out by Emory University observed 16 women between their mid 20s-30s, with normal weights for a period of 6 months to come to this conclusion. It found out that each of these women did not get their periods for the 6 months under observation due to high amounts of cortisol (stress hormone) in their body. Each of these women had really hectic work lifestyles, which indicated that women with stressful jobs are at a higher risk of experiencing infertility due to stress.
In fact, both the partners, when going through a period of stress, are unable to conceive. However, during periods when they felt good, their chances of having a baby increased dramatically.
2. A Sedentary Lifestyle: Again, more of a risk factor for women than men.
Amongst women, a sedentary lifestyle during teenage causes hormonal imbalance and anovulatory cycles more commonly seen in PCOD (polycystic ovarian disorder - the development of multiple small cysts in the ovary) patients, which is a major cause for infertility.
As for men, those with a sedentary lifestyle generally tend to be overweight or obese, which can lead to low sperm quality. This, in turn, can significantly reduce a couple’s chances of conceiving.
What can do you to prevent infertility?
1. Stay Active: Acupressure, regular exercising, daily brisk walking, practicing yoga and meditation are some of the ways by which you can alleviate the problem of infertility. Each of these activities help in improving the flow of blood to your reproductive organs, which helps in the release of toxins from the body. They also help in enhancing the movement of the pelvic region and in reducing any type of inflammation and pain in the area, thereby increasing your chances of conceiving. The added benefit of practicing these is a significant reduction in your stress levels.
2. Eat Right: Diet too plays a major role. Certain foods are known to boost your fertility, while maintaining proper hormonal balance and reducing the chances of miscarriage. Foods like cold water fish, raw dairy, eggs, tomatoes and dark leafy greens among others should be a part of your daily diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Sir my random glucose is 230 can I take Gluconorm G1. I am taking GlycometTrio1 at present. Should I change my medicine?
Sir I have done uric acid test and it came out That I have 8 uric acid value. What are the precautions and what should I eat.
My mothet is suffering from diabetes its measure 350. Please suggest me about my mother's diet and medicine ?
Dear Doctors, My wife pregnancy is running with 31 Weeks now and she has been diagnosed the FASTING Sugar as 99 / PPBS as 149 (After 2 Hrs) / HBA1C as 6.4 and Hemoglobin as 9.7 and also we have taken GLUCOSE challenge Test (1 Hrs Post Glucose) with the result of 163. Kindly request you to share your views about this lab test report and the way forward. Thanks.
Age about 49 1st time test diabetics fasting result comes 326 post prandial comes 542 pleased suggest the medicine for reduce to normal level and give some idea over restricted food.
Diabetes is primarily classified as a lifestyle disorder; although some people get it as a congenital problem while children can also develop diabetes due to genetic predisposition. In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as Madhumeha or Maharoga which can cause multiple other problems such as heart failure, kidney disease amongst others. However, a major chunk of diabetic patients develop it due to lifestyle issues such as physical inactivity, bad diet and stress. Complications from diabetes are among the top few causes of death in the world.
The Ayurvedic approach
The Ayurvedic approach towards treating diabetes and keeping it in check has a multiple pronged approach that includes filtering toxins, correcting the imbalance of the doshas and correction of metabolic problems through exercises and Yoga.
Some of the ways how Ayurveda can control diabetes are mentioned as follows
- Home Remedies and herbs: There are many forms and types of juices or concoctions in Ayurvedic medicine which help control blood sugar levels and thus lessen the symptoms and prevent damage to the organs. Some of these are
- Extracts from Fenugreek or Methi seeds
- Neem, turmeric and tulsi preparations
- Karela (bitter gourd) juice which you should take early in the morning in an empty stomach
- Boiling the bark of Banyan trees in water and then having it as a tonic
- A mixture of cinnamon powder and boiling water which should be strained and then used as a tonic amongst others
- Diet: If you have already developed diabetes, borderline or have a genetic predisposition to it, diet is one of the most important things that you have to control.
- Some foods good for you according to Ayurveda: Bitter gourd, snake gourd, spinach, jamun, garlic, turmeric, drum sticks, barley, wheat, tulsi, Amla, bael, pepper, soyabean, and cucumber among others
- Foods you should refrain from according to Ayurveda: Jaggery, sugarcane juice, alcohol, processed and unrefined sugar, oil or ghee, cakes, aerated drinks, rice or rotis in large quantity, butter and sweets among others
- Yoga and exercises: Although brisk walking, cycling and swimming are great ways to keep your metabolism pumped up and keep diabetes in control, Yoga is the best method of physical exercise that works in conjunction with Ayurvedic treatment. Some of the most effective Yogasanas are mentioned as follows.
- Naddishuddhi Pranayama
- Mayurasana or Peacock pose
- Locust pose or Shalabhasana
- Half spinal twist pose or Ardha-matsyendrasana
- Waist rotating pose or Katichakrasana
- Surya namaskar amongst others
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!