Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AnishYour feedback matters!
Hello, My mom (age 76) went for TSH test today. This is her first Tsh test which came 5.47. She is suffering from high bp taking telsartan 20 for d same. Please suggest what shd be done for tsh. Thanks?
Sir my father is a sugar patient I just want to know dat 1. Does he eat fruits 2. If yes then which types of fruit 3suggest foods which are edible 4 him 4. Suggest a ayurvedic sugar medicine for him to generate insulin 5. How can he make his pancreas healthy.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher level of blood sugar in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is that it does not completely go away and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attack, stroke, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar level has to be managed so that there is a delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks – one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies which have proven to be very effective against diabetes:
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed.
Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity.
The various symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
- You may experience low libido
- You may have ejaculation disorders
- Impaired sense of smell
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- Your sperm count may be low
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- Infection: Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis, which causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Varicocele: This condition is characterized by swelling of the veins that are connected to the testicle. This condition is known to change the normal temperature of the testicles, thus leading to complications in sperm production.
- Hormonal imbalances: Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Problems in sexual intercourse: Problems such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation are reasons why you may have infertility.
- Medications: Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus reduce your fertility.
- Radiation exposure: If you have been exposed to radiation such as x-rays, your sperm production may be impaired, thus causing infertility. However, this condition can be reversed if you are no longer exposed to the radiation.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking: Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
- Obesity: If you are overweight, then it's time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.