Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KumarYour feedback matters!
Myself Afroz 24years old male. Suffering from pain in ear since 2 days. Pus is also running sum times. Hearing n everything fine.
I am suffering from some nose ailment, what actually happens is. My nose gets blocked every night till the morning and I cant even breathe properly and even pain in my chest
I have problems like speaking and snoring while sleeping and because of this I feel exhausted in daytime. I have also swallowed tonsil and nose blocking problems. Please tell me what to do?
Sir meri age 24 years h. Mujhe bachapan se nose ki allergic problem h. Bachpan me asthma bhi tha but abhi kaafi kam h. Kya allergies ka proper treatment h kya?
My daughter age is 17 months. She is suffering from nasal block regularly. To solve that what should I do.
Tonsillitis is a disorder of the tonsils present on the back of your throat. The tonsils acts as a defensive mechanism in the body as they prevent the body from infections. This is a contagious condition and can occur at any age. It is widely prevalent among school going kids.
Tonsillitis may be classified into two types:
- Chronic tonsillitis: This type of tonsillitis tends to last for an extended duration with symptoms of bad breath and tenderness in the lymph nodes.
- Recurrent tonsillitis: This is a form of acute tonsillitis which repeats itself over a year.
Causes: Tonsils prevent various virus and bacteria from entering the body through the mouth by producing antibodies. The tonsils, however, may become vulnerable to these infections. A virus that causes common cold or the bacteria that causes strep throat may result in tonsillitis. The most common cause of this disorder is the strep bacteria. School going children are especially vulnerable to this disorder because they are most prone to various infections.
The various viruses that may cause tonsillitis are:
- Herpes simplex virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Influenza virus
- Parainfluenza virus
The various symptoms of tonsillitis are
- Swallowing difficulties
- A sore throat
- The sore throat may result in bad breath
- You may experience fever and chills
- Pain in the head, ear and stomach
- You may experience stiffness in the neck and the jaw
- Swollen tonsils with possible redness
- Changes in voice
- Symptoms of cold
Treatment: The treatment for tonsillitis is usually antibiotics and in some cases, tonsillectomy. The antibiotics help in getting rid of the bacterial infection. Surgery is only done in cases where tonsillitis is chronic in nature. It is important that you drink fluids and restrict smoking to prevent tonsillitis.
I am 22 years. From the past few months I am having regular fever due to cold and since I have tonsil and sinus, these fevers doesn't go easily. It takes at least 10 days to recover. Though I have tried a lot of medication it does not help. Can you provide me with a optimum solution?
I have throat cough for 7-8 days. I have a yellow mucus when I cough out. I feel throat pain as well and irritation in my throat.
Im 18 year old and from last 7 days im getting nose bleeding. I had use alot of medicine. please can you tell me how to stop the bleeding.
My wife age about 24 yrs she is suffering from throat pain from past 8 months and some times white coloured spots are seen near tonsils I visited many ent doctor but no use. Please prefer me some medicine
I am suffering from chronic sinusitis. Previously I suffered from streptococcal infection. I like to get homeopathic medicines advice.
Can you please tell me the expenses for the single ear operation in Kolkata. My left eardrum seriously infected or replacement may be needed according to a doctor. I know nothing more than it. Suffering from last 3 years, small fluctuation in hearing & frequent itching, discharge in ear. Please guide me anyway. I'm a student & I've economical problem I'll be highly grateful if you suggest me a cheap but best clinic for operation in Kolkata. Please let me know the approximate expenses for it. Thanks doctor.
Sai is having severe throat pain since 5 days. He tried medicine but still he can't get rid of it. What maybe the reason like change in climate or any other reasons. Can you please prescribe any better medicine?
Sir I have painless mass in throat noticing from last two week. Taken taxim betadine but no relief. There is no pain and other symptoms but I do have acid reflux from childhood. I am 25 years old. Is this may be cancer as I had taken antifungal and antibiotics tablet.
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants