Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anand KumarYour feedback matters!
Dr. I am having Gastro problem and due to that I have being getting pain in my abdomen and stomach please advice what to be done, what precaution to be taken.
Sir I have one problem in stomach when I eat something oily foods then stomach will pain and not digesting so what have to do sir.
I have mucus in stool, even blood comes with it. I go to gym regularly, so I need high protein foods. Milk is prohibited for me. Can I take egg whites , chicken , gram (chana)? Name other protein items I can take And also tell about protein foods that I can't take.
Hi, my wife have missed her period which was supposed to be 3rd feb. White discharge, lower abdomen pain is it signs of pregnancy? If it is yes I just want to say you that at present we are not thinking about any child because already we have 1.5 years old baby. Can she use mifty kit (unwanted pregnancy kit)? Sir please help us.
I am having excessive bleeding during bowel movement, also I can feel pinworms movement in the anal area and it is very painful. What should I do?
I am suffering from ulcer please suggest me what should I eat to heal my stomach ulcer Also please suggest only non acidic food only.
Hello, I am a software engineer 24 year old, I have sitting job and I am working around 10 hours, the problem with me is digestion and acidity due to this my fat is also increase, how can I fit?
I have gastric issues. My stomach swells up when I sit in a fixed place for a long time. What can I do about it?
This is a disease that affects the large intestine and the rectum. The Ulcerative Colitis refers to the inflammation in the innermost lining of the large intestine. The main function of the large intestine is to absorb water from indigestible food matter in the body before throwing away any waste. Hence, the large intestine is a vital part of our body. If left untreated, the disease increases risk of colon cancer.
- Diarrhea with blood or pus: A person suffering from Ulcerative Colitis is likely to suffer from loose stools accompanied with blood or pus.
- Stomach pain and Cramping: In many cases, patients complain of severe stomach pain and cramping.
- Rectal pain: At times, many patients feel pain while sitting or even after a bowel movement.
- Bleeding from the rectum: Bleeding can be observed while passing stools.
The other complications leading to this disease are kidney stones, swelling of the colon, thickening of intestinal walls and blood infection.
This disease can be diagnosed by several methods. A simple stool test may be done to check out for bacteria and parasites. A blood test to check the level of C-reactive protein helps determine the inflation rate of the body. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy are some other methods of diagnosis.
- Oral medication: Treatment involves drug therapy or surgery. The first step in treating Ulcerative Colitis will be an intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, but these may have a side effect. Another option is immune system suppressors, which help to bring down the inflammation by suppressing the immune system response. Antibiotics, anti-diarrheal medications, pain relievers are some of the additional drug supplements recommended by doctors.
- Surgery: Surgery plays an important role because this disease is pre-malignant in nature. Depending on the severity of the condition, the medical practitioner may advice surgery. The common methods of surgery are:
- Proctocolectomy and Ileostomy: Proctocolectomy involves removal of the colon in part or whole. Ileostomy is carried out by placing a special bag in the small intestine to collect waste from the body.
- Proctocolectomy and Ileo-anal: Ileo-anal pouch is a bag directly created the small intestine and connected to the anus, for diffusing the stools. As colon is removed Ulcerative Colitis cannot re-occur.
Precautions after surgery
It is very important that the patient takes healthy, sufficient and nutritious food so that bowel movement can be carried out with ease and zero strain. The patient has to restrict lifting of heavy grocery, mowing the lawn, any physical activity that can strain the abdomen and related areas.