Asked for female, 51 years old from Varanasi
Acidity occurs when there is excess secretion of acids in the gastric glands of the stomach. When the secretion is more than usual, we feel, what is commonly known as heartburn, which is normally triggered off by consumption of spicy foods.
Here are some home remedies to cure acidity.
- Skip the aerated drinks as well as the caffeine. Opt for herbal tea instead.
- Have a glass of lukewarm water everyday.
- Include banana, watermelon and cucumber in your daily diet. Watermelon juice is great for curing acidity.
- Coconut water is known to soothe the system if you suffer from acidity.
- Drink a glass of cold milk - everyday.
- Have your last meal at least two to three hours before going to bed.
- Keeping long intervals between meals is another cause for acidity. Have small but regular meals.
- Try to avoid pickles, spicy chutneys, vinegar, etc.
- Boil some mint leaves in water and have a glass of this after meals.
- Jaggery, lemon, banana, almonds and yogurt are all known to give you instant relief from acidity.
- Excessive smoking and drinking will increase acidity, so cut down.
- Try chewing gum. The saliva generated helps move food through the esophagus, easing symptoms of heartburn.
- Eat Ginger as it aids in digestion.
- A simple preparation of lemon water with sugar can be sipped on an hour before lunch to reduce uneasiness.
- Have vegetables like drumsticks, beans, pumpkin, cabbage, carrot and spring onions.
Type-2 Diabetes is a lifestyle related problem, so making a few lifestyle changes can lower the chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
-Excess weight is the single most important cause of type 2 diabetes, so control or reduce your weight if you are overweight!
-Avoid sedentary lifestyle and start get moving. Brisk walking for a half hour every day reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
-Modify your diet:
*Choose whole grains and whole grain products over highly processed carbohydrates. The bran and fiber in whole grains make it more difficult for digestive enzymes to break down the starches into glucose.
*Avoid sugary beverages which have a high glycemic load, and drinking more of this sugary stuff is associated with increased risk of diabetes.
*Choose good fats instead of bad fats. Good fats found in liquid vegetable oils, nuts, and seeds. Trans fats or bad fats are found in many margarines, packaged baked goods, fried foods, fast or junk foods.
*Limit intake of red meat and processed meats. Nuts, seeds, beans, tofu, or poultry are much more healthful protein choices.
-Moderate alcohol consumption decreases the risk of type 2 diabetes.
-Avoid taking unnecessary stress or tension! And keep an optimistic attitude in life!
Take homoeopathic SBL’s Diaboherb medicine/ 3 times a day daily.
Dry the leaves of mango tree and grind to a powder. Mix 1 teaspoon dry powder in a glass of water and drink it daily to reduce high blood sugar levels.
Take 2 teaspoons of bitter gourd (karela) juice once a day. One can also increase its use as a cooked vegetable.
Take 1 teaspoon of Indian gooseberry (amla) juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of bitter gourd juice twice a day.
Few lifestyle changes can help you in controlling and preventing the high blood pressure, even if you're taking blood pressure medication.
Eat healthy foods. Consume more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, poultry, fish and low-fat dairy foods. Eat less saturated fat and trans fat.
Decrease the salt in your diet. So, avoid eating processed foods, such as canned soups or frozen dinners which contains extra salt in it.
Keeping a healthy weight, or losing weight if you're overweight or obese, can help you control your high blood pressure and lower your risk of related health problems.
Increase physical activity which can help lowering your blood pressure, manage stress, reduce your risk of several health problems.
Get indulged in regular exercising (if your doctor allows you).
Limit alcohol. Even if you're healthy, alcohol can raise your blood pressure. If you choose to drink alcohol, do so in moderation.
Don't smoke. Tobacco injures blood vessel walls and speeds up the process of hardening of the arteries.
Reduce stress as much as possible. Practice healthy coping techniques, such as muscle relaxation, deep breathing or meditation. Getting regular physical activity and plenty of sleep can help, too.
Monitor your blood pressure at home.
Take homoeopathic medicine - Schwabe’s Essentia Aurea/ thrice daily which is a cardio-tonic which helps in maintaining blood pressure, improves muscle tone of the heart and narrowing of blood vessels.