Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek KumarYour feedback matters!
I have a baby boy with cesarean delivery and I am breastfeeding my 20 day old baby and I have hearing problems from last two days from my left ear. Left portion of my body goes numb if I sit more than half an hour with hearing problem in left ear. What should I do?
I am working in bpo have rotational shift and my eyes are red from last couple of months and facing some hearing problem. I also have pain near my toe. Please suggest what should I do?
Hello doctoss koi technology aa rahe hh hearing loss ke liee jo hearing aid use kar rahee hh hearing loss ke lie (nerve weakness) ki koi medicine koi treatment koi surgery update information I am using iic oticon an phonak in left side koi eating preacautionss.
I'm planning to buy earplugs because my neighbor's kid make a lot of noise and i'm not able to focus while studying. I just want to know is there any side effect of the foam earplugs?
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.
I have a daughter aged between 6 to 7 she has hearing loss severe to moderate and is on hearing aids. She speaks well but sometimes misauticulates many words. Is there any chance to treat her other than cochlear implant. And is there any site or app to help me to correct her and make her speak well. Please let me know.
I am lost my ear sounds up 60% audio gram report now I am eating tablet lisnor 60 from 3 month's can you help me what I eat for ears Help me sir That is your kindness.
My mother (age - 48) fixated with hearing problems since last two years and my younger sister (28) also used ear machine since last 3 year. I have faced hearing problems (especially left ear). Is this is a genetic problem?
i had loss hearing since 2yrs ago. doctors told me that my ears sensoneural nerve was damaged and there is no chance to get back. is it possible to hear again? please.. help me
My Both ear right and left Tone burst eroke' so they advised me taking hearing machine but its also not working for me so, i'm too not hearing properly please tell me the medicine or treatment.
I am 54 years old male, having hearing problem in both the ears. Nearly 25% less hearing, should I go for operation or go for hearing aids. Please advice.
Sir ; good morning here I want to ask a question that my daughter is 98% deaf and dum so I want to know whether we have. Treatment for that so that she can hear and talk.
Hearing has a deep impact on your life. It determines the kind of life you are going to lead. It has been found by various studies and surveys that hearing aids drastically improve the quality of life you lead. It is the much needed relief to a life, burdened by the stress and strains of living with hearing impairment. The hearing aids are not just instruments. This is a way to live a life of dignity. According to the Evaluation of the Social and Economic Costs of Hearing Impairment report, hearing loss leads to socio and economic stress in ones’ life in major continents like Europe, Australia and the United States.
A research conducted by the National Council on Aging found that over 2,000 people living with hearing impairment or loss experienced positive changes in their respective lives after using hearing aids. They experienced improvements in social, emotional, psychological and physical spheres of life. Furthermore, a US study claims that nine in ten people using hearing aid say that their life has changed for the better after using the aids. It can also be said that hearing aid users lead a better life than non-users of these aids.
How these aids better your life?
Hearing aids gift you a life of expressions and dignity. They can connect you to the rest of the world and empower you to maintain your individualism. You are empowered to make your point in front of others and understand their perspectives too. Here’s what a hearing aid can do for you:
Users of hearing aids have a better life as they have improved cognitive functioning. The family members claim that the users of these aids become more interactive. They are lesser of an introvert than the non-users.
- It improves the social life of user. He or she can participate in group activities and their family and other ties or relationships go smooth. There is no communication gap.
- Hearing aids build up your confidence. You regain your lost dignity and faith on your abilities. Hearing loss kicks you to a life of loneliness, alienation and leaves you with low confidence levels.
- It helps you in having better psychological functioning. It keeps you away from psychological problems like depression, personality disorders and over-all absurd behavioural changes.
- It improves the understanding in closer or personal relationships. The warmth in a relationship is regained or bettered with effective communication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations
6. You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.