Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. A. VenkatachalamYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
Dear Doctor, I had undergone Lasik Surgery in Apr 2015 and it's been over an year but I still feel this dry eye problems and feel very itchy in my eyes while working on computers. Could you please advise what food should I eat or do to get over Dry Eye problems. I have been taking eye gel, drops but still problem continues. Please advise. Thanks much!
Doctor has recommended glasses for my 5-year old daughter. Will it be right get her glasses in such a small age. Can eye sight improve naturally as age grows?
I am having problem of getting eyes red in sunny weather so please help me so that this can be solved.
My eyes number is increase. I change my glasses in various times and take various expensive medicine but not see results. please tell me how I can manage my eyes number?
My eyes turn red and becomes watery after it turns red? Can you tell me the reasons for my red eyes and a proper solution to it as I comes for 2-3 days every week? How to get rid of it?
I have red eye for over 3 day so what should to I can do and my age is 18 year my height is 5.5 I want to more taller so please give me a advise which was helpful to me to get more height.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.
My uncle was declared brain dead. But still his heart functions and he breathes without ventilation. He breathes through his mouth. His eyes are not responding. So what's his situation?
Hello sir My father underwent cataract surgery in left eye. The doctor told me that during the surgery he came to know that my father had posterior polar cataract. And during surgery cortex of lens was strongly adherent to posterior capsule. So he had to do anterior vitrectomyou also. After surgery he has blurred vision and now keratitis is cured after the medication. His vision is also improved after 5 days of surgery bt he says that he feels a horse shoe shaped black area in his visual field. . His retina is checked and it's normal. So what can be the reason for disabled black view? Should we wait for 1 month till the medication gets over or should we go for further investigation?Please tell.
From couple of days my right eye automatically started paining me. Its starts sometimes and even in while m in sleep. I sleep late at night 1-2 am daily. It seems that my nerve after my eye is paining. If I touch my eyebrow I can feel pain there also. Now what to do? Is there any medicine. Exercise. Therapy. For this. Suggest me. Please provide info in brief.
My eyes keep watering at nights and when got to check eyes get red till morning can you please give any solution.
Eyelid surgery or Blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery, which is used to correct droopy eyelids. It reduces the saggy quality of lower eyelids which you get with age and also rids of the excess skin from the upper lids. Apart from making your eyes look younger, Blepharoplasty also enhances your peripheral vision which can get affected due to sagging skin. An eyelid surgery does not help you get rid of dark circles or crow's feet which you get on the outer corner of your eyes.
Reasons to Consider Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery is a good option if you want to get rid of the sagging skin from your lower eyelids or the excess skin on your upper eyelids. Sometimes with age your lower eyelids may appear puffy, making you look old and exhausted all the time. An eyelid surgery can make your eyes look younger and livelier and also do away with the grooves and lines formed under your eyes.
Precautions to take after the Surgery
You need to stay indoors after the surgery for more than a week for your eyelids to heal. You may suffer from dry eyes; so always keep ice packs handy. Your doctor may prescribe eye drops or artificial tears, according to your needs. Make sure you always use clean towels and consume painkillers only if your doctor recommends.
It is of primary importance to follow up the surgery with postoperative care. Your doctor will give you detailed information about dressing, a dosage of antibiotics, activity level allowed and also the complications which can arise. Make sure you follow all the instructions and are prepared for the symptoms associated with it.
Risks associated with Eyelid Surgery
Fortunately, major complications associated with Blepharoplasty are rare; yet there could be some side effects of this surgery. Sometimes, there might be cases of infection and bleeding or a bad reaction to anesthesia. Hematoma or accumulation of blood under the skin is also one of the side effects of eyelid surgery.
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?