Doctor in Trupti clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Trupti clinicYour feedback matters!
Benign Prostrate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The prostrate grand is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chances of developing BPH increase after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet not know, why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarge prostate gland may do not complain of any discomfort.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion.
There are certain medicines which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example- diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to issues with bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage. Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are
1. Strain while urinating
2. Weak urine flow
3. Some dribbling after urination
4. Sudden urge to urinate
5. Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are
1. Waking during the night to urinate
2. Urinating frequently during the day and at night
3. Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but may be the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.
A common headache can have a number of reasons behind it, such as defective vision, hetrophoria or convergence deficiency, etc. Now, the question arises as to how they can cause headache. Read on to know more...
Q. Why should defective vision cause headache?
To attain a perfect vision, eyes with defective vision have to make sustained extra efforts, which results in headache. Even if the refractive error is very small, it can be the cause of headache. More prolonged the working and smaller the print, higher the incidence of headache.
Q. Can this occur at all ages?
Yes, it can occur at all ages. However, with age, the resistance decreases and hence elderly people are more prone to get headache. More the use of computer, mobiles, TV or prolonged studies precipitates headache
Q What is Hetrophoria?
Normally, both eyes always remain parallel, but in some cases, eyes have slight tendency to develop minor squint, may be convergent or divergent. This is called Hetrophoria or Latent squint. Such patients have to take extra strain to keep the eyes straight
Q. What is convergence deficiency?
For reading, both eyes have to converge and if there is weakness of convergence, extra strain has to be put on the eyes, which cause headache.
Q. What is the ideal method of refraction in young patients, I,e below 40 years?
Ideal method is to dilate the pupil with Tropicasyl plus drops. This has the advantage that the doctor can see the retina and Optic Disc. This is important to exclude any involvement of brain as the cause of headache. It also relaxes accommodation and hence provides correct refraction. In cases of Hypermetropia, it is extremely essential to dilate the pupil.
Q. What is the role of Autorefractmeter (a computer) in refraction?
It is a very important instrument to provide correct refraction, but it cannot be totally relied upon. Some opticians rely on it and give wrong numbers.
Q. What is acceptance Test?
You have refracted the eyes with Autorefractmeter or Streak Retinoscope but exact power is what a patient accepts. This is very important.
Q. What is astigmatism?
There is a difference in refraction in different meridians and it is important that a cylinder number is prescribed in correct axis. This is a difficult task and needs lot of experience.
Q. Is it important to correct astigmatism?
To relieve headache and strain on the eyes, it is very important that exact cylinder is prescribed.
Q. What is the role of exact centring of Optical Lenses?
.You may give correct number, but if the centre of the Optical lenses and cornea do not coincide, satisfactory results are not obtained. To dispense correct lenses is a big art and the Optician must be qualified and well experienced.
Q. Does the quality of lens affect the visual comfort?
Yes, it is important that quality of lenses should be good, preferable fibre lenses which are Ant reflect coated. Crizal coating with capability to block the UV rays are very popular.
Conclusion: Refractive errors are important cause of headache and needs proper examination of the eyes, preferably after dilating the pupil. Astigmatic error even if too small may be the cause of headache. Spectacle dispensing is an art and a patient must select proper optician. Spectacles if advised for constant use must be used constantly to get full relief.
आजकल कई तरह की एलर्जी देखने में आती हैं. इनमें से जो एलर्जी सबसे ज्यादा परेशानी पैदा करती हैं, वे आंख और नाक की एलर्जी हैं. जब किसी इंसान का ‘इम्यून सिस्टम’ यानी प्रतिरोधक तंत्र वातावरण में मौजूद लगभग नुकसानरहित पदार्थों के संपर्क में आता है तो एलर्जी संबंधी समस्या होती है. शहरी वातावरण में तो इस तरह की समस्याएं और भी ज्यादा हैं. नाक की एलर्जी से पीड़ित लोगों की नाक के पूरे रास्ते में अलर्जिक सूजन पाई जाती है. ऐसा धूल और पराग कणों जैसे एलर्जी पैदा करने वाली चीजों के संपर्क में आने की वजह से होता है. नाक की एलर्जी मुख्य तौर पर दो तरह की होती है. पहली मौसमी, जो साल में किसी खास वक्त के दौरान ही होती है और दूसरी बारहमासी, जो पूरे साल चलती है. दोनों तरह की एलर्जी के लक्षण एक जैसे होते हैं. आइए इस लेख के माध्यम से हम नाक की एलर्जी के कुछ घरेलू उपचारों के बारे में विस्तार से जानकारी प्राप्त करें.
नाक की एलर्जी के प्रकार-
* मौसमी एलर्जी को आमतौर पर घास-फूस का बुखार भी कहा जाता है. साल में किसी खास समय के दौरान ही यह होता है. घास और शैवाल के पराग कण जो मौसमी होते हैं, इस तरह की एलर्जी की आम वजहें हैं.
* नाक की बारहमासी एलर्जी के लक्षण मौसम के साथ नहीं बदलते. इसकी वजह यह होती है कि जिन चीजों के प्रति आप अलर्जिक होते हैं, वे पूरे साल रहती हैं.
मौसमी एलर्जी से बचाव-
जिन चीजों से आपकी एलर्जी बढ़ जाती है, उन सभी को आप खत्म तो नहीं कर सकते, लेकिन कुछ कदम उठाकर आप इसके लक्षणों को नियंत्रित कर सकते हैं. साथ ही, एलर्जी पैदा करने वाले उन तत्वों से बचाव भी संभव है.
* बरसात के मौसम, बादलों वाले मौसम और हवा रहित दिनों में पराग कणों का स्तर कम होता है. गर्म, शुष्क और हवा वाला मौसम वायुजनित पराग कणों और एलर्जी के लक्षणों को बढ़ा सकता है. इसलिए ऐसे दिनों में बाहर कम आएं-जाएं और खिड़कियों को बंद करके रखें.
* अपने बगीचे या आंगन को सही तरीके से रखें. लॉन की घास को दो इंच से ज्यादा न बढ़ने दें. चमकदार और रंगीन फूल सबसे अच्छे होते हैं, क्योंकि वे ऐसे पराग कण पैदा करते हैं, जिनसे एलर्जी नहीं होती.
बारहमासी एलर्जी से बचाव-
पूरे साल के दौरान अगर आप एलर्जी से पीड़ित रहते हैं, तो इसका दोष आपके घर या ऑफिस को दिया जा सकता है. एलर्जी के लक्षणों को कम करने के लिए सबसे बढ़िया तरीका है कि आप अपने घर और ऑफिस को साफ-सुथरा रखें. इसके लिए हफ्ते में एक बार घर और ऑफिस की धूल झाड़ना अच्छा कदम है, लेकिन एलर्जी से पीड़ित लोगों के लिए यह काफी नहीं है. हो सकता है कि साफ सुथरी जगह होने के बावजूद वहां से एलर्जी पैदा करने वाले तत्व साफ न हुए हों. नाक की एलर्जी से पीड़ित लोगों के लिए घर को एक बेहतर जगह बनाने के लिए कुछ अतिरिक्त कदम उठाए जाने की जरूरत है.
* हर हफ्ते अपने बिस्तर को धोएं. इससे चादरों और तकियों के कवर पर आने वाले एलर्जी पैदा करने वाले तत्वों से छुटकारा मिलेगा. अच्छा तो यह होगा कि इन्हें गर्म पानी में धोया जाए और फिर इन्हें गर्म ड्रायर में सुखाया जाए.
* जब आप बाहर जाते हैं तो पराग कण आपके जूतों से चिपक जाते हैं. इसलिए बाहर से आने से पहले पैरों को पोंछ लें या जूतों को बाहर ही उतार दें.
* कालीन और गद्देदार फर्नीचर की साफ-सफाई पर खास ध्यान दें.
* ऐसे गद्दों और तकियों के कवर का इस्तेमाल करें जिन पर एलर्जी पैदा करने वाले तत्वों का असर न होता हो.
* अपने दरवाजे और खिड़कियां बंद रखें, खासकर उन दिनों में जब पराग कण ज्यादा होते हैं.
कुछ घरेलू नुस्खे-
जिन लोगों को सर्दी के रोग हैं और हर सुबह उन्हें अपनी नाक बंद मिलती है, उन्हें नीम, काली मिर्च, शहद और हल्दी का सेवन करना चाहिए. इससे उन्हें काफी फायदा होगा.
* सबसे अच्छा तरीका है बचाव. जिन वजहों से आपको एलर्जी के लक्षण बढ़ते हैं, उनसे आपको दूर रहना चाहिए.
* इसके लिए नीम की पत्तियों को पीसकर पेस्ट बना लें. इस पेस्ट से एक छोटी सी गोली बना लें, इसे शहद में डुबोएं और हर सुबह खाली पेट इसे निगल लें. अगले एक घंटे तक कुछ न खाएं, ताकि नीम का आपके शरीर पर असर हो सके. यह तरीका हर तरह की एलर्जी में फायदा पहुंचाता है, चाहे वह त्वचा की एलर्जी हो, भोजन की एलर्जी हो या किसी और चीज की.
* 10 से 12 काली मिर्च कूट लें. इन्हें दो चम्मच शहद में रात भर भिगोकर रखें. सुबह उठकर इसे खा लें और काली मिर्च को चबा लें. शहद में हल्दी मिला ली जाए तो वह भी अच्छा है. अगर आप सभी डेरी पदार्थों से बचकर रहते हैं तो अपने आप ही बलगम कम होता जाएगा.
जरूरी है सही तरीके से कपालभाति का अभ्यास-
एलर्जी की वजह से हो सकता है कि आपके द्वारा किए गए कार्यों की क्रिया बहुत ज्यादा प्रभावशाली न हो पा रही हो. जैसे - अगर नाक का रास्ता पूरी तरह नहीं खुला है और बलगम की ज्यादा मात्रा है तो क्रिया पूरी तरह से प्रभावशाली नहीं भी हो सकती है. अगर सही तरीके से इसका अभ्यास किया जाए, तो आपको अपने आप ही एलर्जी से छुटकारा मिल सकता है. नाक के रास्तों को साफ रखना और सही तरीके से सांस लेना एक बेहद महत्वपूर्ण प्रक्रिया है. साफ नासिका छिद्र और श्वसन के स्वस्थ तरीके का बड़ा महत्व है. अभ्यास करते रहने से एक ऐसा वक्त भी आएगा, जब कोई अतिरिक्त बलगम नहीं होगा और आपका नासिका छिद्र हमेशा साफ रहेगा.
This condition affects the ovaries and is one of the leading causes of infertility. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a set of symptoms due to elevated androgens (male hormones) in biological females. Signs and symptoms of PCOS include irregular or no menstrual periods, heavy periods, excess body and facial hair, acne, pelvic pain, difficulty getting pregnant, and patches of thick, darker, velvety skin. Associated conditions include type 2 diabetes, obesity, obstructive sleep apnea, heart disease, mood disorders, and endometrial cancer.
Ayurveda considers PCOS as Kaphaja Vyadhi. Excess agantuka kapha does not allow the proper formation and transformation of further dhatus.Result is weight gain,diabetes,acne,hair growth on face and other parts etc.PCOS is one of the biggest causes of infertility.The treatment incorporates combination of factors. Step by step plan is given to each patient that involves scientific dietery regimen, ayurveda medicines as well as panchakarma procedures to detoxify the body.
Strict scientific diet and lifestyle changes are required. Daily walk of half an hour minimum,mild exercise especially cycling, stripping etc.Avoid sleep in daytime. Artificial sweetners,milk products,bakery products are not to be used.A balanced diet in proper time ,following dinacharya procedures as per ayurveda further help in reducing weight and hence mitigating the disease.
Panchakarma procedures like udwartanam,snehan svedana,lekhana vasti further help in detoxifying the body. These procedures balance the three doshas,do srotosodhana(clears the channels) and pacify the aggravated kapha.
The ayurveda medications additionally work in balancing hormones.
These combination work wonders in PCOS.So instead of further harming your body by taking artificial hormones or contraceptives ,rely on natural procedures and natural herbs which pacify the root cause of the disease.Hence within one to three months patient gets wonderful relief from her symptoms.Infertility due to PCOS gets corrected with above procedures.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is referred to as a condition that leads to an imbalance in the hormonal levels of women between the ages of 18 to 44. Women suffering from the syndrome develop small cysts in the ovaries. These cysts might disrupt the normal functions of the ovaries resulting in hormonal imbalances. If you suffer from PCOS, the secretion of the male hormone androgen (which is present in a small amount in every female) increases abnormally, thereby causing a significant disruption of the ovulation process and the menstruation cycles.
Women suffering from obesity or who have a past history of PCOS in their families are at a higher risk of suffering from the syndrome.
The symptoms that one might experience along with syndrome are as follows:
Appearances of acne along with the development of excess body and facial hair.
Irregular or no periods.
Intense pain in the pelvic area and severe depression.
Homeopathic Treatment for PCOS:
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is curable with the Homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect.Which Homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case. Both the physical and mental spheres of the patient are thoroughly investigated while prescribing the Homeopathic medicine. The complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups. Some of the most beneficial homeopathic remedies for PCOS are:
Sepia – Useful for the symptoms of severe pain in the lower back and abdominal areas along with abnormal menstrual periods.
Apis Mellifica –This homeopathic preparation is effective in relieving the symptoms of severe pain in the ovarian regions along with tenderness in the abdominal and uterine areas caused by PCOS.
Pulsatilla – This medication is very effective in treating symptoms of PCOS such as late and minimal menstrual periods along with rapid mood swings, irritation and a decreased sensation of thirst.
Sulphur – This homeopathic preparation is very useful if there is a presence of severely itchy and painful acne along with other skin related symptoms of PCOS.
Natrum Muriaticum – This homeopathic preparation is useful if you experience significant problems with conception along with irregularity in menstrual cycles, along with an excessive craving for salt in the regular diet, unwillingness towards sunlight exposure, and intense episodes of crying and uncharacteristic shyness.
Graphites – If you are of a stout build or are overweight and regularly suffer from constipation along with PCOS, graphites are one of the best homeopathic medications to relieve symptoms and treat this condition.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for PCOS. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Living with asthma can be tough, but not necessarily unmanageable to the point that it interferes living your life to the fullest. It all boils down to being aware of the triggers, signs and all the other relevant details and taking the necessary precautions to keep the asthma attack at arm’s length.
Here is an insight.
- Keep your home dust free: Dust which contains irritants like dust mite collect in your beddings, old rugs, and curtains and they cause severe allergic reactions. Wash your bedspreads and pillow covers weekly once with hot water to kill the dust mites. Wear a mask and gloves while dusting the interior of your home. Keep the interior of your house dry so that molds do not form in the dark and damp places like faucets and toilets.
- Keep your pets at bay: Pet dander triggers problems of asthma when they enter your respiratory system through breathing. If you have any asthma patient in your home, it is best to keep your home free from pets. You can make a separate accommodation outside your home for your pets. They should not be allowed inside the room of the family member with the asthma problem.
- Be aware of your warning signs: Signs such as nose block, running nose, wheezing, coughing and shortness of breath are the common symptoms which trigger an asthma attack. You can measure your peak airflow with the help of a meter right at home. Thus, you can have an assessment of your lung function and take necessary precautions to prevent an attack. Keep your anti-allergic medicines and inhalers during the season you are susceptible to asthma attacks.
- A healthy diet keeps the doctor away: Your diet is directly related to your asthma problem as certain foods have an immediate allergic reaction in our body even before we understand clearly. Also, there are certain foods that have a magical effect on the prevention of asthma. Recent studies have shown Vitamins C& E, Beta-carotene, magnesium, selenium, flavonoids and Omega 3 fatty acids play a vital role in improving lung function and preventing asthma. Eat as much fresh fruits and vegetables as possible.
- A strict no-no to sulphites: Foods that are rich in potassium bisulphite or sodium sulphite may trigger your asthma attack. Both these ingredients are the used for preserving foods for a long time e.g., wine, beer, pickles, tinned or frozen berries, shrimps, etc. Due to the presence of potassium bisulphite, an asthmatic patient may suffer from bronchospasm and other symptoms of asthma attack. Dried fruits like raisins or apricots are also on the list.
Apart from the preventive measures mentioned above, regular exercises and yoga will strengthen the capacity of lungs and help you fight asthma with ease. A healthy diet and stress-free lifestyle is the key to keep this problem at miles away from you!
Do you remember the last time you had a searing knee pain in the middle of your morning run? It was probably because you did not warm up properly. The incidence of injuries in various sports has gone up in the recent times, and it is mostly due to the lack of proper warm up exercises. However, other factors come into play as well, such as the pressure of increased workload on the current batch of athletes, missing a trick or two with the proper technique to be followed, etc.
Set realistic goals for yourself: Don’t go overboard with anything that includes repetitively stressing and straining your body over a certain degree. If you are planning to go for a run or hit to the gym, make sure you set goals that you can sustain and find feasible. One example of this would be to not increase the amount of weight drastically while lifting weights as it can lead to serious injuries.
Follow the right technique: Proper technique is very important in sports, a lack of which can lead to injuries. Ask your trainer to observe your form when you perform any activity. Focus on your breathing and posture when you are exercising.
Warm up before you begin exercising: Warming up before you exercise or play a sport is important as it helps loosen your muscles and boost blood circulation. It drastically reduces the risks of sustaining injuries, and also prepares your body for the subsequent exercise.
Cool down: Similar to an essential warm up is the need to cool down; it is another aspect that should not be ignored. Cooling down usually consists of stretches and postures that promote flexibility. The muscles become sore after working out. Stretching can help reduce post workout pain and make the joints flexible. Cooling down also helps in eliminating lactic acid from the muscles, which means less pain after exercise.
Listen to your body: During an activity, if you feel that you can no longer carry on, terminate the activity. The chances of injury rise if you continue to push your body over your threshold limit. If you think that you can no longer carry on doing something without risking an injury, avoid doing it altogether. Listen to your body, and it shall never fail you.
Allergic asthma affects a vast majority of adults, being one of the most common respiratory disorders. There are various triggers, and with environmental pollution on the rise, the incidence of asthma has grown too. If there is a person in the family with asthma, it is not just the person who has it, but the entire family who needs to be sort of prepared to handle it. In most cases, there could be attacks or exacerbations and it is extremely important for the person who is in the vicinity to know how to act. This timely and prompt action could sometimes prove to be a life-saver.
- Handy inhaler: If your loved one has asthma, it is advisable to keep an inhaler handy. Practice how to use the albuterol nebulizer, which often is a lifesaver when a person has an acute asthma attack.
- What to do: In most cases, the doctor writes out an action plan that details what should be done if there is an attack. The person who could be potential caretaker should familiarize with this and probably do a mock trial so they are ready when required.
- Monitor: Whether it is a young or an elderly person, teach them to monitor peak flow levels. The peak flow meter is easy to use and the readings can help identify if there is any need to be watchful.
- Clean up the house: For allergic asthma, the accumulated dust in the furniture and animal dander are great triggers. It helps to keep the house clean by periodic cleaning of the carpets, mopping up the tiles and flooring. This helps to remove accumulated dust and prevents attacks. Avoid accumulating soft toys which tend to collect dust. Bookshelves need to be cleaned periodically.
- Smoking: Avoid smoking at home or as much as possible when the asthmatic person is around.
- Pets: If possible, avoid them as they produce dander which can trigger an attack.
- Empathy: An asthma patient requires a lot of empathy. One should understand that the asthmatics are also affected by their attacks, which in turn controls their overall schedule. Try to slow down and keep pace with them. Do not push for exercise or changes beyond a certain point, as the person knows how much they can stretch. Help them manage weight and stress, as these lead to acute attacks.
- Healthify your lifestyle: Eat healthy, avoid foods which can induce an attack, get a good night’s sleep, avoid triggers, maintain weight, avoid smoking, and manage stress. Emotionally, match up their pace and show empathy. All these will definitely produce better control over asthma.
Despite this, it is possible to have an attack, so be cautious.
A lot of things can be done to cope with the initial stages of dementia. A person goes through a wide range of emotions such as fear, denial, frustration, and anger, post the diagnosis. Here is a list of tips that will help a patient with dementia to cope better:
- Physical health: For a dementia patient, it is very important to take care of one’s health. A good diet along with regular exercise and adequate rest is a prerequisite to manage this disorder.
- Regular check-ups: Regular medical check-ups with the doctor are necessary in this condition. Depression and other mental health problems should be discussed with a professional.
- Quit alcohol: Alcohol might give momentary pleasure from the misery, but it has long-standing implications. It reacts with the medicine and creates additional health and memory-related complications.
- Allocate time for difficult tasks: With time, it can become difficult to perform even the simplest of tasks. The patient should accordingly schedule the time to perform the tasks which may be difficult to carry out. Adequate breaks should be taken while performing a task to avoid getting fatigued.
- Redefine work: If a patient is suffering from dementia is still working, it should be ensured that the work is more manageable from a desk. Planning an early retirement may be a good idea in order to cope with dementia.
- Be organised: Keeping track of things can get difficult with time. It, therefore, makes sense to organise all belongings systematically. Putting labels on doors and drawers also help.
- Continue pursuing your hobbies: Amidst the difficulty and the depression, it is a good idea to continue doing things that are fun. While such activities might require some assistance from the doctor and family members, this helps the patient to be cheerful and healthy.
- Maintain notes: Since dementia is involved with forgetfulness, it makes sense to maintain a diary and keep records of phone numbers, people, appointments, etc.
- Communication channel: Maintaining a direct communication channel with family, friends, and relatives is a good idea. Sharing feelings will go a long way in maintaining relations with loved ones.
- Support group: Joining a dementia support group can be highly beneficial for the patient. It will not only give the patient company but also make sure that the patient gets a lot of useful information about the disorder. It also helps in keeping the morale up.
- Getting ready for the future: Things need to be meticulously planned well in advance to ensure that when the disease progresses, the patient has enough people to look after him. Things such as medical arrangements, financial assets, and property details should be carefully handed over as per the patient's wish. This will ensure a smooth run of the patients’ life when they can no longer take care of themselves.
Once the heart surgery is complete, the initial recovery process from the wounds and incisions can take almost two months. The doctor will give you instructions on how to take care of yourself post-surgery so you recuperate faster and be back in the pink of health.
Road to recovery
- The first step is to take care of the wounds; make sure that you keep the area of the incision dry. Avoid taking baths for the first few days. If you notice any sign of infection such as redness around the area, pus oozing out or high fever, then do not waste time consult a doctor. Experiencing symptoms such as the breastbone shifting and cracking when you move should not be disregarded at all.
- Post-surgical pain is another area that you need to address. The area adjoining the incision can be painful till the first few weeks pass and there may be pain and stiffness in the surrounding muscles as well. In case of a bypass surgery, the legs may hurt if the veins from the legs were used as grafts. The pain and the soreness will recede with time.
- Avoid heavy activity for the first two months post-surgery. Start with small tasks, and gradually build up your activity levels so that the body gets used to it. Avoid activities such as standing for 15 minutes or more at the same place and lifting heavy things. Make sure to consult your physiotherapist before you start with light exercises such as walking.
- The recovery process also depends on the type of food you eat; because eating healthy food can certainly rev up the recovery process. Initially, you may not feel like eating much, so get your appetite up in a gradual manner. It is best to avoid any junk meal at this point in time as that can adversely affect your body’s metabolism even further. It is important that you get the required amount of rest so that your body can recuperate.