Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Difficulty Of Learning
Diabetes In Children Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Patient Review Highlights
- "Very helpful" 2 reviews
- "Very helpful" 2 reviews
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a common skin disease characterized by thickened patches of inflamed, red skin covered with thick, silvery scales. The elbows and knees are the most common areas affected by psoriasis. It will often appear in the same place on both sides of the body. The patches can range in size from smaller than a dime to larger than a hand.
Description of Psoriasis-
Normally, skin cells mature and shed after about a month. In psoriasis, the cell maturation speeds up, taking only three to four days. Because the lower layer of skin cells divide more rapidly than normal, dead cells accumulate in thicker patches on the skin's outermost layer called the 'Epidermis'.
Forms & Classifications-
Psoriasis occurs in a variety of forms that differ in their intensity, duration, location, shape and pattern of scales. The most common forms are:
- Plaque Psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis. It is characterized by raised, inflamed, red lesions covered with a silvery-white buildup of dead skin cells (scales). This is found primarily on the Body, elbows, knees, scalp and finger or toe nails.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Guttate psoriasis occurs most frequently in children and is characterized by numerous small, red, drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin. This may appear following an infection, most frequently strep throat.
- Inverse Psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis occurs in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but lacks the thick scale seen in other forms of psoriasis.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis is a rare form characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) found all over the body or confined all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
Some dermatologists classify psoriasis as mild, moderate, or severe- Mild psoriasis is considered to be scaling over less than 5-10 percent of the body, moderate psoriasis is considered to be scaling over 10 to 20 percent of the body and severe psoriasis is considered to be scaling more than 20 percent of the body.
In 5 percent of all psoriasis sufferers, arthritis will develop. This condition is called psoriatic arthritis. Arthritis is inflammation of a joint, usually accompanied by pain, swelling and changes in joint structure.
The underlying psoriasis cause is unknown; however, it can be genetically inherited or passed from generation to generation. Most researchers agree that the Auto Immunity is somehow mistakenly triggered, which speeds up the growth cycle of skin cells. Psoriasis can be triggered by a number of factors, such as stress, climate changes, streptococcal or HIV infection, superficial wounds, physical illness, or taking certain drugs such as lithium, beta-blockers such as propranolol, quinidine (Heart medication) or antimalarial medications.
Homeopathy is preferred over other methods due to the reason that it does not entail any side effects. Instead of suppressing inflammation like other methods of treatment, it aims to cure the root cause of the disease. Yes, psoriasis can be cured permanently through constitutional Homeopathy treatment but the question is how can a patient know whether eruptions are disappearing for permanently or temporarily?
Permanent Cure takes place as follows:
Cure is taken place from Upward to downwards and Center to periphery. First, the cracks come down with arresting of blood coming out from it. After that, the eruption on scalp comes down, if the scaling is thick it becomes gradually thin and then becomes powdery and with time, the scaling disappears totally. After that, eruptions on face and body come down, and at same time eruptions in hands & legs may increase with itching. Eruptions on elbows reduce, after sometime eruptions near to hands, also reduce. While eruptions on legs itches more. However, eruptions on legs also get disappeared. During the total process of cure, you will feel sleepy, and the bowel movement will be regular, sometimes there may be loose stools as well. The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat psoriasis: Lycopodium, Sulphur, Pulasatilla, Staphysagria, Graphitis, sepia, Arsenic alb, Natrum mur etc.
Hyperpigmentation is a medical condition which occurs when an area of the skin becomes much darker in comparison to the rest of the skin tone. This happens due to an excess of a pigment called melanin. Hyper-pigmentation is fairly common and many people have reported this condition at some point in their lives.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
1. Lentigines or Freckled Skin: They are mainly freckles which arise on the skin.
2. Solar Lentigines: Although these are known as age spots, sun spots and liver spots they are caused primarily due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
3. Melasma: This condition mostly seen in pregnant women and is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. Melasma typically manifests as pigmented and patchy areas of discoloration on the face except the eye area.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
- Hyper pigmentation can be hereditary i.e. passed on to children from parents
- Prolonged exposure to sun.
- Picking and poking at the skin can also cause hyper pigmentation.
- Medications such as hormone treatments, antibiotics and anti-seizure drugs may result in it as an unwanted side effect.
- Skin injuries due to bad forms of acne vulgaris and inflammation.
How Homeopathy Works on Hyperpigmentation?
Homoeopathy considers blemishes or pigmentation as a local expression of a systemic / internal disturbance. Homeopathy believes that skin disorders are a reflection of an internal imbalance and to be treated from within. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, genetic predisposition and so on. While choosing homeopathic remedies the cause of pigmentation is evaluated, for example, mental stress, hormonal imbalances, sun exposure, nutritional deficiency, poor immune system and so on.
Homeopathic treatment, which gets to the root of the problem will reinforce the immune system and gradually restore the pigmented spots to the normal skin color. Homeopathic medicines restore the hormonal imbalance and control the excessive production of melanin. Homeopathy will not inhibit the natural process of the skin's melanin production. It will act on melanocytes to produce less melanin naturally thus strengthening the skin cells to stay healthy and remove excessive melanin in the skin. This improves the quality (texture) of skin, blemishes disappear and further discoloration of skin stops.
For fast recovery and to maintain the skin texture and glow homeopaths also use external creams which are purely prepared by homeopathic Mother tincture and low potency’s and are very safe and without any side effects.
Homeopathy medicines cure pigmentation from the root cause and assuring the patient of not facing the similar problem in future. Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating pigmentation are:
- Medicines like Lycopodium Clavatum can be consumed if you experience grayish-yellow discolored face with blue circles around the eyes. It can also cure brown spots on the nose and face.
- Sepia offincinalis can treat chloasma (Yellow spots on the face and a yellow mark across the upper region of the nose and cheeks). This medicine also treats ailments during pregnancy and is best suited for patients who have dark hair.
- Thuja occidentalis should be consumed to treat dry skin with uneven brown spots. People who have waxy faces with dark under eyes should consume this medicine.
- Argenticum nitricum can also be consumed if your face looks pale, old and bluish. It is best suited for people who have tense, hard and brown skin with irregular brown blotches.
- Cadmium sulphuratum can treat yellow stains on the cheeks and nose. This usually worsens due to prolonged exposure to the wind and sun.
- Copaiva offincinalis reduces brown lenticular spots. These spots give a mottled appearance and can itch at times.
- Caulophyllum thalictroides can be consumed by women who experience discoloration of the skin due to uterine and menstrual disorders.
- Plumbum melallicum usually treat liver spots, hyper pigmentation and reduces the oil content of the face.
These remedies treat discoloration of the face along with liver spots, brown spots and excess oil formation of the face which is accompanied by hyperpigmentation.
However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the homeopathy doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus homeopathic remedies of pigmentation are tailor-made and should be taken after consulting a specialized homeopath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am suffering from Ring worms in my private areas since 3 years I applied many creams and took medicine buy no results at all how can I feel relief from ring worms.
I have acute oily skin and sweat every time. Also I have those black spots. please refer me a good face wash or cream so that this problem will be overcome.
In early stages, particularly with breast and prostate, the success rate is close to 80% with compliance by the patient. Homeopaths often approach cancer treatment by combining homeopathic remedies. Certain approaches aim at terminating the tumors while others attempt to heal the eliminative organs of the patient as well their entire constitution. Although there has been a fair number of effective cases, homeopathy still has not emerged as a stand-alone remedy for cancer. Because much of success with homeopathy, however depends on the skill level of homeopath and resources of patient to heal on all levels.
There are two ways of treating any CANCER through Homeopathy treatment -
One is by giving medicine after considering particular symptoms and pathology report, which will give temporary relief. Generally this type prescription is given for treating Acute or Advanced Cancer conditions. Most frequently recommended medicines for cancer are Arsenic Album, Hydrastis, Condurango, Conium, Belladonna, Vinca minor, Taxus baccata etc.
Second is giving the medicine for the entire constitution or personality (Holistic treatment) that means giving the medicine by considering mental, physical, emotional as well as social state of the patient to cure the primary cancers completely. Here, they consider the cause of diseases, modalities of symptoms, Back ground Miasm of the patient etc.
Risks and complications:
Homeopathic remedies are extremely safe and they have no harmful side effects. Homeopathic treatments can prove to be harmful if they are taken up by excluding other necessary therapies or diagnostic tests. To avoid such complications, it is advisable to consult a homeopathic practitioner who can discern between merging symptoms and symptoms related to your healing process.