Submit a review for Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old and I have black scar on my legs and hands due to mosquito bites and it is since last 15 yr Can you suggest some good lotion that will help me in reduction of scar.
First let me tell you my routine. I cleanse my face with Cetaphil. Then apply doux moisturizer in the morning. Then at night I cleanse same and then apply tretinoin 0.025.i have bit blackheads. I haven't exfoliating my skin since many months. Because I am on this acne treatment. Can I exfoliate my skin and how. please tell me some safe way.
Dr. I have oily skin and having some darkspots and pimples also. So how could I remove this please help me Dr. and suggest me what should I use? (m using biotique neem facewash and patanjali aloe gel and aqua follicum cream)
I am 20 years old .I also use spectacles. I have under eye circle and hollowness under eyes. .How to remove these dark circles and hollowness under eyes. please sir give me your email id so that I can send photos of the affected areas and.
I have dark circles and hollowness under my eyes. I use spectacle. What are the methods to remove it permanently .What are the surgical procedure & what is the cost of the procedures.
With the current self-obsession of the need to look good all the time, acne is seen as a major problem by the teenagers and adolescents. It is related to the hormonal changes but also aggravated by food habits. During their active phase, acne causes a lot of pain and burning. There is a constant tendency to pick at them to get rid of the pain and the itching.
They dry over a period of time and leave scars which are not as painful but are esthetically a major concern. For someone with oily skin who are more prone for developing acne, these scar marks could be very traumatic emotionally.
There is good news for these people as cosmetic advancements give multiple options for getting rid of these scars. Read on to know some of the most effective ones.
- Laser: A beam of light is aimed at the scar tissue, which does not affect the surrounding tissue but gets rid of the scar tissue. In addition to acne, laser is used in multiple skin ailments (whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, etc.) There is an intense bacterial presence in the acne, and when the laser beam is aimed at the acne, the bacteria are killed. This also reduces further incidence of acne and amount of sebum produced. The number of sittings required would depend on the severity of acne, and most people would require 2 to 3 sittings for complete removal of the scars.
- Photofacials: The outer layer of the skin (epidermis) is cooled and the inner layer (dermis) is heated. This stimulates the production of collagen and fibrous tissue, which replaces the acne tissue, giving a fresher, youthful look.
In both cases, remember to:
- Avoid use of irritants like perfumes and deodorants in the affected area
- Avoid waxing or shaving for at least 10 days before the procedure
- Avoid exposure to harsh sun for about a week prior to the procedure
- Avoid medicines which increase the risk of bleeding, aspirin for instance
Post treatment: In both treatments, the skin may appear red, swollen, and inflamed for the first day. There also may be a prickly sensation, similar to a sunburn. Cool packs or moist cloths and a good moisturizer can be used to soothe the skin. Avoid makeup until the skin is back to normal appearance. Depending on the type of skin and acne, the appearance will take about weeks to months after the procedure.
- Minimally invasive
- Reduced pain
- Completed in one appointment
- Reduced recovery time
- Can be clubbed with other acne therapy modes
- Good results with reduced recurrence and sebum production
With so many advancements, acne marks are sure to go away!!