Doctor in Shanta Bai Nursing Home
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Shanta Bai Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
Every person faces ups and downs in life, the difference lies in how we deal with the low points of our life. Losing someone you love is probably the saddest experience anyone can go through. Our natural reaction to such a loss is grief. The more significant the loss; the more intense your grief will be. There is no right or wrong way to grieve and everyone grieves in a different way.
However, here are a few healthy ways you can cope with your loss to move on with your life.
1. Build a support system: When you are grieving, you may feel that nobody understands how you feel and would want to isolate yourself. Do not allow yourself to withdraw into a shell and instead build a support system of friends and family who you trust. You could also visit a counselor who is trained to deal with such situations. Joining a support group can also help.
2. Face your grief: Not allowing yourself to grieve can do more harm than good. You can suppress your grief for a short time but you cannot avoid it forever. The longer you avoid facing it, the more difficult it will be. Suppressing grief can also lead to a number of health problems such as depression, substance abuse and anxiety.
3. Look after your health: When grieving for the loss of a loved one, you may not feel hungry and may want to simply lie in bed all day. But you must instead get out, eat right and exercise regularly. When the body is healthy, you not only feel better physically but also emotionally. Avoid turning to alcohol and drugs to lift your mood.
4. Express yourself: Bottling up your emotions is never a good idea. However, sometimes talking about how you feel can be difficult. In such situations, look for alternate means of expressing yourself. For examples, you could try painting or start a scrapbook.
5. Look out for grief triggers: What makes coping with the loss of a loved one difficult is the fact that you share a number of life events with them. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and festive occasions can bring back memories of the person and overwhelm you. To successfully heal, you must plan ahead for events like this that will trigger grief. Do not allow yourself to be alone at such times.
6. Seek professional help: Sometimes, when you are dealing with the loss of a loved one, you find yourself sinking into depression or find it difficult to resume your normal lifestyle. It is a good idea to consult a mental health practitioner or counselor.
#MeToo movement has caught most of the attention because of Bollywood celebrities who have spoken about the sexual harassment they have faced in the past. However, the #MeToo movement has made a big impact on corporate culture as well. People are coming out and sharing stories about how they have faced or witnessed sexual harassment at the workplace, mostly at the hands of their bosses.
Most of them chose to keep quiet at that time, due to the usual fear of society and the risk of losing their job. But this movement has given courage to them, and now more and more people are coming out and sharing their own #MeToo stories.
Impact of #MeToo on Corporate
As a result, corporates are rushing to rein in the situation. They are working on first of all sensitizing the employees about what Sexual Harassment is, and what it isn’t. Also, they are trying to set up proper mechanisms in their organizations to deal with this. Even though there is a law around it, Prevention of Sexual Harassment in workplaces (POSH); most of the times it is poorly implemented. Anticipating more scrutiny from authorities around this, and also to boost employees' confidence, finally, companies are working overtime to address this issue.
Impact of #MeToo on Mental Health of Employees
A dark side of #MeToo is the impact that it has on the mental health of employees who have to face this. If they choose to stay quiet and don’t report it to anyone, then this leaves a permanent fear in their mind. Instead of reporting, they try to avoid the perpetrator of sexual assault. Sometimes it also leads to low self-confidence, as the victim might tend to think that they are responsible for what is happening to them. In some severe cases, sexual harassment at the workplace has led to employees suffering from mental disorders like depression, anxiety, stress, bipolar disorder, etc. Some of them have even gone to the extent of harming themselves or even committing suicide.
So, corporates are working overtime to specifically address the following:
Educating employees that what constitutes workplace harassment. For example, a boss might make a lewd comment on the dress of an employee, without realizing if it is right or wrong. So, training employees are the first step towards it.
Secondly, they are trying to set up cells within the organization, which are sufficiently empowered to deal with these issues. Such cells also give confidence to employees to open up if they face sexual assault.
Finally, instead of trying to hide such incidents, corporates are now proactively taking action against the perpetrators. In some cases, this has even led to the firing of CEOs.
#MeToo has spread a lot of sad stories around. However, there is a positive side to it, at least in workplaces. Corporates are now becoming more vigilant about workplace sexual harassment, and this should hopefully lead to much lesser such incidents in the future.