Hello doc, my wife has an ovarian cyst we got married before 10 months and now we wants a baby we tried since 5 months but she is not getting pregnant. Is it due to ovarian cyst? Ovarian cyst prevents pregnancy ?plz suggest.
Hi, I need a help fir my wife. She feel etching in her vagina. She suffered from uterus infection around 1.5 years ego. Can you help for now.
Hai I have small doubt now I am 1&1/2 month pregnant so can I meet with my husband or not please tell me suggestion.
I am a 20 years old male and my girlfriend is 18. 7 days back we were playing with each others lower parts. She touched my penis and I touched and rubbed her clit. After a while, she made me ejaculate. I had a little splash of precum on my finger and palm, but I wiped it off on my pants. Just until my hand was completely dry, and then I went back to touching her clitoris with the same hand. I didn't finger her on the inside though but I tried inserting my finger but she was not ready. So I didn't put my finger in, as she is still a virgin, and she doesn't want her hymen to break. I only touched her on the outside. So, I was wondering, what are the chances of her getting pregnant?
Is it safe to have sex without protection during the safe days of her cycle? It does not cause pregnancy? Please explain in detail. P. S: by safe days I mean the first 7 and last 7 days of her cycle. Can protection/contraceptives be avoided?
I am 20 year old. I am suffering from PCOD and obesity as well. It was diagnosed 4 years back. What should I do to cure PCOD with just diet and exercise without medical aid, which has proved ineffective also how to reduce weight as sooner as possible.
I had sex on 2nd nov 2016 but my periods came normal on 10th nov and continued till 15 th nov. Since then I did not had any sexual activity. But this I am late by 2 days. And I am little worried as my periods are regular nd never late. Can I be pregnant?
Hello doctor. Am 5 months pregnant and have an extreme craving of white clay which is also known as khade in Hindi. If I doesn't take some pieces of that I get nausea. So please advice me that can intake of white clay is dangerous to my baby or me. please help me out Thanking you.
I am gay. Which gay sex is very risk for my body. Most of boys drink my anus by his tongue. Is this problems for our body.
I was swallow the sperm of my partner during oral sex with him. Is there any chance to get pregnant, should I take anti pregnancy pills? Swallowing sperm can make any harm for me? There are how many problems can come after swallow sperm?
Cortisone shots are injections that help relieve pain and inflammation. They are injected directly into the joints such as the ankle, wrist, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow or spine. These injections are a combination of corticosteroids and local anaesthetics. These corticosteroids are similar to the hormones produced by the adrenal gland. Cortisone injections are often used to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, shoulder bursitis and plantar fasciitis. Though they do not cure the disease but they provide temporary relief.
These injections may be slightly painful but provide relief in a day or two that lasts for a few weeks or months at a stretch. Hence, cortisone shots provide relief faster and have longer lasting results than other forms of anti-inflammatory medication. Another benefit of cortisone injections as compared to other drugs that need to be taken in through the mouth is that it avoids side effects of anti-inflammatory medication such as an upset stomach etc. Cortisone injections can also be used to treat backaches and pain that radiates from the spine to an arm or leg.
However, cortisone injections are associated with a number of risks. These include:
- Infection in the joints
- Nerve damage
- Thinning of tissue and skin around the injection site
- Pain and inflammation in the joint
- Weakening or rupturing of tendons
- Osteoporosis or thinning of bones
- Lightening of skin around the injection site
- Osteonecrosis or death of bones in the injected area
- Blood sugar spikes – this is seen mostly in diabetic patients
- Weakening of the immune system if the person has an underlying infection
In most cases, these side effects are short-lived. Higher dosages and frequent administration can increase the body’s exposure to the corticosteroid. This increases the risk of long-term side effects such as:
- Easy bruising
- Weight gain
- Cataract formation
- Puffiness of the face
- High blood pressure
Cortisone may also be held responsible for the deterioration of cartilage inside a joint. For this reason, doctors do not advise cortisone injections to be had more than 3-4 times a year. The minimum interval between two cortisone injections must be 6 weeks. Doctors also typically limit the number of injections given in one joint.
When used judiciously, cortisone injections can greatly improve the quality of a patient’s life. Hence it is very important to get treated only by a qualified doctor and to completely understand the pros and cons of using this form of treatment.
During the menstrual days, it is necessary to use some kind of padding or easily absorbent material to remain clean and hygienic throughout the day. This material is available in form of tampons or sanitary napkins.
What is the difference between tampons and sanitary napkin
- The tampon is a mass of retentive material shaped in a cylinder, which needs to be inserted into the vagina. Most tampons have a cord or string to aid manual removal. Tampons are used especially when you have to wear tight fitting clothes.
- The sanitary napkins are disposable flat pads that are worn externally to collect menstrual blood and prevent staining. These are mostly made of rayon or cotton. They are available in a variety of sizes, with added benefits of extra absorption and fragrance in some cases. They are easier to carry.
Benefits of using a tampon
- Tampons are easy to use provided you are very well informed and well practiced about its usage and methods of insertion
- Tampons can absorb menstrual blood, depending on your flow, for up to six hours.
- Tampons are more hygienic as the entire material does not get soaked. This helps in preventing the menstrual blood from coming in contact with underwear, skin and staining other clothing.
Disadvantages of using a tampoon
- Tampons, if not changed within 4-6 hours, may cause leakage and staining.
- The insertion of a tampon is extremely inconvenient and uncomfortable if not used by practiced hands.
- Incorrect insertion can be painful and lead to injuries and infection
- Leaving a tampon on for too long can cause a Toxic Shock Syndrome. It is a fatal disease caused by toxins and bacterial infection.
- Tampons may increase menstrual cramps in some cases.
Benefits of using sanitaary napkins
- Sanitary napkins are easy to use. They come in flat, rectangular shapes of absorbent material that are stuck on the underwear and absorb menstrual blood externally.
- Can be worn overnight.
- Easier to use and convenient to carry around.
- Helps to monitor the flow of blood
- Lessens the risk of infections, and there are fewer health risks
Disadvantages of sanitary napkins
- Cannot prevent menstrual odours
- The absorption rate is lower than tampons
- They show through clothing and tight fitted clothes cannot be worn
It is difficult to say which one is a better or healthier option. Both kinds have their own advantages and disadvantages and are a matter of individual preference. No matter what you use, it is important for you to keep in mind that it is necessary to change it after a few hours, and regular washing helps keeping the menstrual odour in check. It also keeps the pubic region clean and free from the risks of bacterial infections. It is necessary to remain active and maintain a healthy diet to have a regular smooth flow without blood clots. In case of uncontrolled bleeding, you must seek medical attention without delay.
Piercing is a form of body ornamentation. It involves the use of needles to pierce through the skin and attach a piece of jewellery to the skin. The purpose of piercing is to beautify and in case of genital piercing, it comes with the additional perks of sexual stimulation. However, this completely depends on individual preference. In the female genital anatomy, several parts are suitable for piercing. This includes the clitoral hood, the labia and the vulva vestibule.
How piercing should be done?
1. The skin around the area where the piercing is to be done must be cleaned with antiseptic.
2. A topical anaesthetic may be applied to temporarily numb the area to be pierced. This helps to control pain.
3. Any piercing must be carried out by a licensed, well-practised professional.
4. Piercing must be done with the use of new, unused, sterilized needles, which are easily disposable.
5. After-care must be provided immediately after the piercing. This includes the application of medicated healing creams, or an ice pack that relieves the pain of piercing. Typically a piercing should heal completely by the sixth week.
Risks associated with vaginal piercing
1. Wrong technique of piercing can lead to uncontrollable bleeding and wounds.
2. Poor placement of jewellery can cause the piercing to heal very slowly and painfully.
3. Poor sterilization of needles and unhygienic methods can cause severe skin infections and other complications.
4. Tearing of skin or sagging of the clitoral hood, or labia can occur due to the improper weight of the jewellery placed.
5. Spread of genital disease may occur if the piercer does not use gloves or antiseptic during the procedure.
Never opt for a piercing just because your friends are getting it done. A healthy method of getting pierced involves an understanding of your anatomy, skin type, tolerance of certain kinds of metal on your skin and extremely hygienic conditions. It sure is fashionable and may appeal to people with a different sense of aesthetics, but you must never ignore the risks. Do a thorough background check of the piercer you would like to visit and the possible after care products that you can use. It would also help to quickly get a check up done by a doctor before going ahead with the piercing.