Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Restenosis
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Omega Hospital'sYour feedback matters!
Seizure - Sudden surge in electrical activity of the brain; which affects how a person looks or behaves for a short time.
Epilepsy - Two or more seizures separated by a time duration of 24 hours, with reversible causes of seizures having been ruled out.
Be Calm -
- You must be calm. Reassure People.
- Place a soft object below the head.
- Be Reassuring and friendly as the person recovers.
- Ensure that the person does not hurt themselves by removing objects that may injury them.
- Always time every attack. The time beginning of the attack until the person regains composure and awareness.
If fallen - Position
- Turn the person gently to one side - Recovery Position. This will ensure airway remains patent and prevent aspiration.
Never to do
- DO NOT hold the person down or try to stop the movements.
- DO NOT try to force open the mouth or insert hard objects like wooden sticks, spoons or finger, as this will increase injury to you and the patient.
Once Person recovers, offer him help to reach his residence or hospital, if he seems confused and dazed. Be Reassuring and Friendly as person recovers.
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Indian Epilepsy Centre
Psoriasis is a chronic disease. It develops when a person’s immune system sends faulty signals that tell skin cells to grow too quickly. New skin cells form in days rather than weeks.
The body does not shed these excess skin cells. The skin cells pile up on the surface of the skin, causing patches of psoriasis to appear. Psoriasis may look contagious, but it's not.
You cannot get psoriasis from touching someone who has it. To get psoriasis, a person must inherit the genes that cause it.
Types of psoriasis
If you have psoriasis, you will have one or more of these types:
- Plaque (also called psoriasis vulgaris).
- Inverse (also called flexural psoriasis or intertriginous psoriasis).
- Erythrodermic (also called exfoliative psoriasis).
Some people get more than one type. Sometimes a person gets one type of psoriasis, and then the type of psoriasis changes.
Its treatment depends on chronicity,severity,types,also patient's age,lifestyle also play an important role in its treatment.For appointments call 9004839333 to visit our clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra.
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body.
Here is the homeopathic treatment for it:
- Influenzinum - It is a homeopathic remedy for flu. The medicine, which is diluted and potentized, strengthens the immune system to fight against flu viruses. It does not suppress the symptoms but makes your immune system strong to not allow foreign viruses affect your health.
- Aconitum or aconite - Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
- Allium cepa - Severe burning and watery eyes, nasal irritation, copious amounts of discharge, hoarseness, and headache. The runny nose improves in open air, but worsens when being indoors.
- Aconite - This homeopathic medicine is recommended when the most preliminary signs of common cold appear, such as getting thirsty frequently and being overly-anxious.
- Belladonna - Belladonna is for more severe signs of cold, such as high fever and persistence of a throbbing headache.
- Natrum mur - This medicine is effective for a runny nose, with initially clear snot thickening after a period of 24-48 hours.
- Pulsatilla - Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive. Homeopathy does'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
A certain psychiatric condition, which causes a person to be functionally impaired in social and occupational settings is known as Impulse Control Disorder. Most of you are granted with the ability to think before you act but it isn't the case for people suffering with such a condition. People diagnosed with this condition are not able to withstand the urge to do something detrimental to themselves or other people.
This condition is similar to other disorders such as kleptomania, compulsive gambling and pyromania to name a few. Although people suffering from this disorder do not plan their acts, the acts they do perform generally fulfill their conscious wishes. Other disorders of such similar nature like Kleptomania and ADHD (Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder), which are associated with difficulty in controlling impulses but that is not their chief feature. Patients of impulse control disorder find it highly distressful and are hence often seen to lose control of their actions and consequently their lives.
What causes this disorder?
Some medical practitioners are of the opinion that this disorder is a subgroup of other conditions, such as stress, anxiety, OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and etc. Scientists and researchers are not particularly sure what causes this condition but have determined that it can be caused due to a combination of physiological, emotional and psychological factors pertaining to cultural and societal aspects. Also, certain brain structures linked to emotions and memory functions in and around the frontal lobe are linked to planning functions and impulses.
Some studies show that certain hormones such as testosterone which are associated with aggression and violence may also play a role in forming such disorder. Aggressive and violent behaviors are apparent in people suffering from this disorder. Certain studies have shown a connection between certain forms of seizure disorders and aggressive impulsive behaviors.
People with such disorders are also more likely to contract addiction and mood disorders. Antidepressants are usually prescribed in treating such disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Blood pressure is basically what happens when the blood exerts force against the walls of the blood vessels. This force matches the cardiac output and also, the resistance experienced from the walls of the blood vessels a process that produces blood pressure. Hypertension is a condition that occurs when this pressure rises above the normal which is anything over 140 over 90 mHg. The symptoms of this condition will include hot flashes, dizzy spells, fatigue, accelerated heartbeat and other debilitating conditions. Sex is also an area that gets affected by hypertension.
Let us find out the causes and treatment for the same.
Hypertension and male sexuality: A chronic patient of hypertension will go through a depletion of the lining that flanks the blood vessels, which in turn, limits the flow of blood. This also means that there is less blood flowing towards the penis and surrounding areas that get activated during sexual intercourse. This makes it difficult for many hypertensive men to achieve and retain an erection for long enough to enjoy sexual activity. This problem is most commonly known as erectile dysfunction. Also, these blood pressure problems can have an effect on ejaculation which leads to lack of sexual satisfaction. Many drugs prescribed for such patients may also lead to this problem as a side effect, which causes further fear and anxiety for the patient.
Hypertension and female sexuality: While the effect of high blood pressure on a woman’s sexuality is not as conclusive as its effect on male sexuality, it is a medically proven fact that decreased blood flow due to high blood pressure will also lead to a reduction in the blood flow to the vaginal area. This can lead to many problems including vaginal dryness and pain during intercourse, lack of arousal, difficulty in achieving an orgasm and relationship as well as anxiety issues.
Treatment: For women, better lubrication for better arousal is one of the key factors. For men, the use of safe medication as far as hypertension is concerned, is crucial. Medicines like sildenafil and tadafil as well as vardenafil are not known to interfere with the blood pressure medication. Yet, it is important to contact the doctor before having any medication.
Therapy: Better responses can be garnered by building intimacy, an area that a sex therapist or sexologist can help you with. With the help of proper therapy, the patient can learn to relax and enjoy the act with lots of foreplay and experiences that will help in building closeness like taking a warm bath together and other such activities. Promoting overall health can also help in improving your sex life if you are a patient of hypertension.
Do you consume soy milk on a regular basis? Soy milk is full of essential nutrients and is a source of complete protein for vegns and vegetarians. However, some people avoid taking soy milk as several compounds similar to the female hormone estrogen are present in soy milk. In spite of having several cons, the pros of drinking soy milk are significant and essential for maintaining good health.
- Nutrients in soy milk: Soy milk contains protein in large amounts and is fortified with micro nutrients such as vitamin D, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin A, vitamin B12 and Riboflavin. One cup of soy milk contains about 8 grams of protein. Soy milk also contains Alpha Linolenic Acid or ALA, an Omega-3 fatty acid, which the body requires for proper functioning. The micro nutrients contained in soy milk are similar to those present in cow milk.
- It is lactose-free: Cow milk contains lactose, which is a natural sugar and many people find it hard to digest it. Soy milk is completely lactose free. Hence, if you have a milk allergy or are lactose intolerant, soy milk serves to be an ideal nutritional replacement without having any negative side effects on your body.
There are several health benefits, which are obtained by drinking soya milk. It is free of dietary cholesterol, trans fat and saturated fat, which indicates that your risk of heart disease is reduced. Drinking 25 grams of soy milk as a part of a healthy diet prevents the occurrence of heart diseases. Soy contains isoflavones which help in the prevention of hormone associated cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer and endometrial cancer.
In spite of having several health benefits, there are some potential concerns associated with soy milk and its consumption. According to some studies, soy can affect or impact fertility in men. Soy may also increase the activity of thyroid hormone and reduce thyroid function. Moreover, milk is considered to be more effective than soy protein in boosting lean muscle mass.
Soy milk accounts for being one of the most ideal non dairy milk varieties, if you are concerned about matching its nutrient content with cow’s milk. Recently, there have been some controversies regarding the benefits of soy milk as GMOs or genetically modified organisms are used in it. However, there are many soy milk manufacturing brands which do not use GMOs. Moreover, there is no evidence about GMOs being harmful to the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Sir, I am 50 years now, till now no diabetic. But on testing now I am near border and have not used any medicine.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infection. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
Diabetes is an acute ailment that can badly affect your heart, eyes, nerves, kidneys and feet. Therefore, it is important to understand how these organs and components are connected and how diabetes affects them. This will help you to follow your treatment procedure more thoroughly and improve your health condition more effectively.
Beginning of Health Ailments from Diabetes-
When diabetes in a person is not properly regulated and maintained, the blood-sugar levels rise up and this syndrome is called 'hyperglycaemia' or high blood sugar. The way sugar particles stick to each other when they are left uncovered for some time, blood vessels within human body also get stuck with sugar in the blood and make it difficult for blood circulation. Over time, this causes a severe damage to blood vessels connected to kidneys, heart, lungs, eyes and nerves.
Diabetes affecting all the major parts of the body-
Having uncontrolled blood sugar for a prolonged period of time can damage the tiny vessels around the eye causing vision troubles and eventual blindness. High levels of blood sugar in the blood vessels that supplies oxygen to the brain, and heart can develop a fat deposit around them leading to stroke and heart attack. Nerves in the human body serve the function of messengers that carry impulses from different body parts to the brain and vice versa. Having high blood sugar levels can damage blood vessels that carry oxygen and blood to all parts of the body. With the passage of time, nerves can get choked, and they may stop sending pain impulses to the brain.
Diabetes or high blood sugar levels can be detrimental for your feet as well. It mostly harms feet in two possible ways- firstly, it can damage the nerves and their functionality which, in turn would stand in the way of feeling pain as well as other problems occurring in your feet.
Secondly, diabetes leads to poor blood circulation, which makes it nearly impossible for sores and infection around the feet to heal. Once the healing process stops, it can even pave the way for amputation.
Lastly, diabetes is equally detrimental for kidneys, which are the filters of the human body. Kidneys are filled with miniature blood vessels, and high blood sugar can lead to clogged vessels, which disturb blood circulation. Once the kidney does not get ample oxygen and blood, lesser amounts of fluids are taken off the body that may subsequently lead to kidney failure.
Therefore, it is time to build awareness and lead a healthier lifestyle to keep diabetes under control, and a good physician will be able to guide you better on this.
In order to, safeguard oneself from the STDs one should always ensure to use protection during intercourse and one such form of protection is female condoms. Female condoms are pouches that are made of latex and polyurethane. These are used by women during sex in order to prevent pregnancy and to reduce the chances of infection through sexually transmitted diseases. Each end of these pouches are made of rings that are flexible. One end is inserted deep inside the vagina before sex is initiated. This end is held in position by utilizing the rings available at the closed end while the rings which are at the open end remain outside the vagina during sex.
A question of comfort
Even though it can be safely used by all women, some have complained that they find female condoms to be an inappropriate form of contraception as they don’t feel comfortable with their genital areas being touched. Thus, it is very important that the appropriate form of contraception be considered for you and your partner. If you feel you cannot use this condom correctly other options of contraception should be considered.
Advantages of a female condom
1. Condoms can prove to be a reliable pregnancy averting method if they are properly and consistently used.
2. Since the exchange of bodily fluids like semen and vaginal fluid is prevented, female condoms aid in offering protection against many sexually transmitted diseases like HIV, herpes and others.
3. Female condoms are only needed during the time of sex and any form of advance preparation is not required. This makes their usage suitable for unplanned sex.
4. Doctoral prescriptions are not needed to procure female condoms.
5. The condoms are usually small in size, easily disposable as well as easy to carry.
6. Using condoms does not have any medical side effects although it is advisable to check the materials used in it to avoid any allergic reactions.
7. Insertion of female condoms can be done up to a duration of eight hours before sex.
Some common problems
Although using female condoms has its advantages, it is common that some women may find that putting on a condom leads to interruption in sex. In order to avoid this, foreplay that includes a part where the condom is worn or inserted early can easily help. Other disadvantages include –
1. Even though condoms are generally very strong, they are prone to splitting or tearing in case of improper use.
2. Availability of female condoms is much lesser in comparison to the male counterparts
3. Female condoms are usually more expensive than male condoms (approximately 5 times more than male condoms).
However, female condoms can give back control to the woman in case the male partner doesn’t have protection or doesn’t want protection. It is something that enables the woman to be in control and safe from diseases or unwanted pregnancies.
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis &amp; Arteriosclerosis . Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease.
Low level of testosterone can end up affecting various aspects of a your life. It can affect your libido, your performance in bed along with your motivation and energy. Testosterone replacement therapy can bring the levels back to what they were before and restore his lost confidence, energy and vigour.
Testosterone is a hormone which is mainly produced in the testicles. Testosterone controls bone density, distribution of fat, muscle mass and strength, body and facial hair, red blood cell production, sex drive and production of sperms.
Testosterone levels generally lower with age, especially after 30. Usually, in older men, low levels of testosterone result in androgen deficiency. Androgen deficiency affects the muscle mass, bone density, weight and can drastically change sleep patterns as well. On the other hand, testicle injury, testicular cancer or treatment for it, hormonal disorders, infections, HIV/AIDS, chronic kidney or liver disease, type 2 diabetes and obesity can lead to low testosterone levels as well.
While testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) seems very desirable, there are certain risks and benefits which need to be considered.
Factors to be considered before opting for it
1. Sleep apnea is one of the risk factors of TRT. In this condition, breathing stops and starts repeatedly when you sleep.
2. Acne problems and other skin disorders
3. Swollen breasts. Men with breast cancer should not opt for this treatment.
4. TRT can trigger noncancerous prostate growth.
5. Sperm production is limited or the testicles might shrink
6. Chances of deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in veins) leading to pulmonary embolism (clots burst and lodge into your lungs) are increased.
Benefits of getting a testosterone therapy done
1. Sexual drive, performance and function are improved.
2. Mineral density of the bones gets restored
3. Healthy weight loss, thus improving your body composition
4. Muscle strength and mass improves
5. Mood and energy gets a boost
6. Cognitive functions improve
7. Lessens the risks of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
8. Improves metabolism
9. Reduces chances of anaemia or improves the condition if you are already suffering from it
स्वस्थस्य स्वास्थय रक्षणं - Vision Health First
Our ancient Ayurveda Science and Sages have been always given 1st preference to maintenance of health. In present era WHO (World Health Organization) and the world has accepted the vision of Ayurveda “स्वस्थस्य स्वास्थय रक्षणं”-i. e. who are healthy should maintain their health, secondary who are sick treat them. In Ayurveda Science different varieties of Food (Annapan-अन्नपान), Medicines (Aushadha-औषध) and Procedures (Prakriya-प्रक्रिया) are mentioned to maintain healthy status of life and for long life span.
Oja(ओज)-Bal(बल)-Immunity and Ayurveda
Thousands of years ago the Ayurveda Science gave deep knowledge of Rog Pratikar Shakti (Immunity) and explained it in detail. During elaborating Ojas(ओजस) महर्षि चरक has explained 3 different types of Rog Pratikar Shakti
Immunity Power which are as per below.
- Vyadhikshamatwa(व्याधिक्षमत्व) - शारीरिक सहनशीलता
- Vyadhipratibandhakatvak (व्याधीप्रतीबन्धकत्वक) - शारीरिक रोगप्रतिकारक शक्ति
- Vyadhibal virodhitva(व्याधिबल विरोधित्व) - विशेष प्रकारकी परिस्थिति के सामने विशेष बल जिससे रोग के सामने लडा जासके
Child Immunization and Ayurveda
In the present era, we are providing different-different vaccines for different diseases, but Ayurveda Science deals with the complete immune system development through single औषधी योग (Vaccine) which can help your child to fight against all diseases as well promotes growth rate too. That procedure is known as Shuvarnprashan – Jaatkarma Sanskar (सुवर्ण प्राशन – जातकर्म संस्कार)
Jatakarma Samskara (newborn care) is told as a purification procedure, in which soon after cutting the umbilical cord the baby is made to lick the mixture of gold, honey, and ghee by chanting Mantra (spiritual hymns)
In Jatakarma Samskara
Acharya Sushruta cites the administration of Swarna along with honey and ghee in one among the procedures of Jatakarma Samskara that is, as a single dose at the time of birth in the procedure of new born care. He provided the rationale behind this practice that there will be no adequate secretion of breast milk for the first 4 days after delivery and so as to support the baby with respect to preventive and nutritive aspect, such practices are indispensable. Acharya Vagbhata advises to give a combination of herbal drugs in a specific shaped spoon as that of the leaf of holy banyan tree, made up of gold to the newborn for increasing Medha (intellect). Administration of Swarna along with other herbs is also mentioned by Acharya Vagbhata in Jatakarma Samskara.
Benefits of Shuvarnprashan
- No neurological side effects
- Increases immunity
- Increases intelligence
- Prevents common recurrent infections, asthma and other allergic conditions
- Improves memory, attention span, concentration & learning ability
- Reduces temper tantrums, attention deficits, bed-wetting & other neuro-psychosomatic problems.
- Improves speech, hearing & visual acuity
- Helps to maintain health in children
- Improves your metabolic and digestive capabilities (अग्नि वर्धक)
- It improves your physical strength (बल वर्धक)
- It helps in eliminating harmful planetary effects (ग्रहापहं)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Ovarian cysts are a common development in many women. Cysts are sacs filled with fluid which are formed in the female ovaries. Most cysts are harmless and do not even show any symptoms. However, some cysts do show outward symptoms like heavy bleeding, clotting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain during the menstrual cycle, and pain during sex.
If you feel any of the above-mentioned discomforts, it will be in your best interest to book an appointment with your gynaecologist and get a check-up done. Most cysts are manageable unless they are very severe. In fact, it is best that cysts come to light at the right time and are efficiently managed, unless they develop into severe issues in the future.
Management of cysts
- Oftentimes, medical practitioners resort to what is called ‘watchful waiting’.
- At times, ovarian cysts disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended to take a blood test and an ultrasound to see the progress of the cyst.
- If you have already experienced menopause, then these tests are carried out every four months. This is because in such cases the risk of an ovarian cancer is at its highest and regular monitoring of the cyst is necessary.
Treatment of cysts
Ovarian cysts can be treated in their earlier stages. Here are some of the most popular treatments.
- Laparoscopy is one of the most popular treatments. It is a surgery carried out under general anaesthesia. The tummy is cut to a radius of a key hole and a laparoscope is inserted. This helps the doctor to see the internal organs, which is then used to remove the cyst. This method is less painful and has a quick recovery time.
- Laparotomy is the other method used for removing a cyst. In case the cyst is large, then one single large hole is made in the body to access the cyst. At times, the cyst and the ovaries are removed and sent for further laboratory inspection. This inspection is done to detect whether the samples are cancerous or not. This procedure is more complex than the previous one and might need the patient to stay in the hospital for a few days.
- In case you have a cancerous cyst, then your reproductive part itself would have to be removed rendering you barren for your life.
Ovarian cyst is very much treatable and is best to be detected at an earlier stage for better and faster treatment. Thus, it is best to go for regular check-ups and report in case of any disturbing symptoms.
Chlamydia is a very common STI caused by bacteria. Those patients who are suffering from chlamydia usually don't see the side effects in the early stages, which makes it that much more difficult to diagnose it. Chlamydia can bring about a lot of severe problems in the later stages. These include not being able to get pregnant later or causing dangers in pregnancies. This disease is often easily spread since it shows no noticeable symptoms and can be passed on the partner very easily. 75% of the infection in women and 50% of the infections in men cannot be noticed and are without any symptoms.
Symptoms: Since the side-effects are not always visible, when they do happen, they are normally recognizable within one to three weeks of contacting and include the following:
In women these are:
- Vaginal discharge with strong odour
- Abnormal bleeding during periods
- Excruciating periods
- Stomach pain with fever
- Pain while engaging in sexual activities
- Burning around the vagina
- Pain during urination
- Cloudy discharge from the tip of the penis
- Excruciating pain while urinating
- Burning around the opening of the penis
- Swelling and pain in the testicles
Treatment: Chlamydia is easily treatable. Since it is bacterial in nature, it's treated with anti-infection agents. Following are some of the most common treatments for chlamydia in men as well as women:
- Azithromycin is an anti-infection generally recommended in large dosage, yet the dosage may be spread out more than 5 days.
- Doxycycline is an anti-microbial that must be taken twice every day for around one week. Your specialist may recommend different anti-infection agents.
- Regardless of which antibiotic you are given, you should follow the dosage guidelines properly to ensure the infection is cured completely. This can take up to two weeks, even with the single-dosage medications.
- Try not to engage in sexual relations while your treatment is going on. Unfortunately, you can get chlamydia again in case you're uncovered, regardless of the fact that you've had it and it was treated.
- Women with extreme chlamydia infection may require hospitalisation, intravenous anti-microbial and painkillers. Your doctor might use a few tests to diagnose chlamydia. He or she will probably take samples from your urethra and cervix and then send it for further analysis. There are also other tests that include urine samples for presence of bacteria. Sometimes, even blood tests are taken depending upon your symptoms or in case the doctor is not able to diagnose it with previous methods and tests.
After taking the medication, individuals should get a follow-up on the treatment after three months to make certain that the disease is cured. This is highly important in case you are not sure whether your partner has been treated or not.
Impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED) is treatable. The condition improves with treatment and lifestyle changes. While there are a plethora of medical options to treat impotence, there are some simple, easy-to-follow natural remedies as well. Here is a list of six such methods:
- Walk a mile: When it comes to impotence, walking two miles a day greatly helps in countering impotence. A brisk walk in the morning or evening helps to reduce weight and intervenes in cutting down obesity. A study in 2005 showed that a healthier lifestyle can improve or even reverses impotence. A person with a 42 inch waistline is far more likely to suffer from ED than a person with a waistline of 32 inches. Maintaining a healthy weight is, therefore, a good way to treat impotence.
- Moving the nether regions: Kegel exercises are known to be conducive for a good erection and better sexual performance. The bulbocavernosus muscle gets strengthened with this exercise. The bulbocavernosus muscle serves three purposes as they help the penis to engorge blood, empties the urethra post urination and pumps during ejaculation. Some other remedies include wearing loose pants, quitting smoking and alcohol, etc.
- Herbal viagra: Red ginseng is considered to be the herbal Viagra because of its high effectiveness. A 2005 study showed that a dosage of 600–1,000 mg per day greatly helped in countering ED. This can be found in the form of a supplement. If plants are to be used, it should be ensured that the tree is at least five years old.
- Amino acid: The body possesses L-arginine that is naturally found in the body and helps in erection. Nitric acid relaxes the blood vessels in the body and sustains an erection for a longer duration. Consumption of high dosage of amino acid (5 mg/day) for six weeks can prove to be extremely beneficial in treating impotence. It should be ensured that a doctor is consulted before starting this course. Patients with a medical condition should not consume amino acid unless specifically prescribed by the doctor to do so.
- Watermelon juice: A citrulline is a form of amino acid that is found in abundant quantities in one slice of watermelon. This is a type of amino acid which is found to be extremely effective in improving the flow of blood to the penis. A 2011 study showed that a watermelon fetches very good result in improving ED.
- Acupuncture: A study conducted in 1999 showed that acupuncture improves erection in more than 39%of the people. This alternative therapy relaxes the mind and helps a person to get more involved while having sex. While there are mixed results of this alternative therapy, it is definitely worth a try to improve ED or impotence.