Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Diaita Eat Right ClinicYour feedback matters!
Living with diabetes can be tough, the manifestation of the condition can significantly disrupt the normal routine. If you are looking at treatment options for diabetes, then know that Ayurveda can be of help, not just in managing the condition but by effectively curing it.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder where the body is unable to make the right usage of glucose because of insufficient production of insulin resulting in a high level of sugar in the blood. According to Ayurveda, diabetes is a disease in which a large quantity of turbid urine is frequently passed and can be cured using panchakarma therapy technique.
In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as 'Madhumeha' and is classified as a 'kapha' type of disorder. Ayurveda identifies 20 types of diabetes - 4 due to Vata, 6 results from Pitta, and 10 are caused by Kapha.
Factors that are often responsible for causing diabetes are excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest, such as fried foods, creams, etc. Lack of exercise, mental stress and strain, excessive sleep, overeating and consequent obesity, excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, overloading of proteins and fats can also lead to diabetes. Hereditary factors also play role in causing diabetes.
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity
Ayurvedic Remedies To Control Diabetes
There are several herbs which are found to be very effective in treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar level. The greatest advantage of these herbal diabetes medicine supplements are that they have no side effects. Given below is a list of some of the most effective diabetes treatment herbs-
- Bitter Gourd (Momordica charantia)
- Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Onion (Allium cepa)
- Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
- Neem (Azadirachtha indica)
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Sagar gota (Ceasalpinia crista)
The Panchakarma Therapies for Diabetes
Ayurveda attempts to identify the symptoms appropriately and then takes to prevent the disease from progressing further. The treatment procedures in Ayurveda involves the use of herbal medicines, modifications in the diet, changes in the lifestyle to a healthy one and exercise that includes yoga and pranayama. Another most crucial step is the known as the Panchakarma, a procedure to purify the body.
1. Herbal Medicines: Ayurveda uses a number of herbal medicines like madhunashini, bilva, haridra, jambhulbeej, shilajit, kutaj, shuddha guggul, tulshi andaamlaki for effectively keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control so that it does not rise further thereby preventing diabetes from worsening.
2. Panchakarma: Panchakarma is the primary purification, and the detoxification treatment carried out by Ayurveda for the cure of diabetes. The procedures used in panchakarma are, abhyanga swedan, basti, and vierchena. The diabetic patients can be highly benefitted by relaxing effects from the abhyanga therapy. It involves massage using pre-medicated herbal oils. It also helps in the reduction of stress and muscles at the same time which results in a sense of well - being. Swedan is an herbal steam bath that opens the pores for flushing out the toxins and cleansing the body through the excreted sweat by the skin.
Basti involves the cleansing of the body through the rectum by the introduction of certain medicinal oils through the anal region under the supervision of an expert. Vierchena is a specially medicated purification therapy which helps in the removal of the toxins from the body of the affected individual that are accumulated in the gallbladder and the liver.
Thus, panchakarma is extremely useful in the maintenance of the proper level of sugar in the blood and at the same time play a crucial role in the prevention of further complications of the disease.
Ayurvedic Tips for Diabetes Cure
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Having bitter gourd cooked in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
In Ayurveda, the body is made up of three doshas - kapha, vata, pitta and gunas - rajas, tamas and satva. The various techniques that Ayurveda recommends to improve your wellbeing are -
- Meditate regularly
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Eat the largest meal during lunch
- Limit portion sizes
- Weed out negative emotions
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Be careful about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Eat a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Eat less fat
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Use less salt
भगन्दर(fistula in ano.)-
1.भगन्दर परिचय (introduction)-
-सामान्यतया: रोगी के द्वारा गुदा या मल द्वार से संबधित सभी रोगों को बवासीर या पाइल्स ही समझ लिया जाता है, लेकिन ये जरूरी नहीं है कि मल द्वार से संबंधित रोग पाइल्स ही हो इसमें कई और रोग भी हो सकते हैं। जिन्हें हम पाइल्स समझते हैं।
भगन्दर में रोगी के मल द्वार के चारो ओर लगभग 4 cm दूरी पर या तो एक फोडा बनता हैं या एक फुडिया बन जाती हैं जिसमें से पानी या मवाद लगातार आता रहता हैं
Fistula means reep or pipe like. It may be defined as a chronic granulating tubular tract consisting of fibrous tissues with two openings communicating between two cavities or cavity to cutaneous surface of body. Thus anal fistula has two openings, one on perianal or perineal skin surface and other in anal canal.
भगन्दर कारण (causes)-
1. Anal infection
2. अत्यधिक समय तक बैठना
3. इसके अलावा विभिन्न रोगियो पर किये गये अनुसंधान से ये पता चला हैं कि भगन्दर होने का एक प्रमुख कारण अत्यधिक समय तक दुपहिया वाहन या गाडी चलाना या उसकी सवारी करना भी होता हैं
भगन्दर के लक्षण -
1. गुदा या मल द्वार के चारो और किसी फोडे या फुडिया का बनना और उसमें से पानी या पस आना एक या अनेक छिद्र बनना
2. कभी कभी बैठने में दर्द होना
3. मल त्याग में परेशानी होना
अब तक के क्लीनिक अनुसंधान से ये पता चला हैं कि किसी भी पैथी के मेडिसिनल चिकित्सा से इसको ठीक करना असंभव हैं आयुर्वेदिय क्षार सूत्र चिकित्सा ही इसकी विश्वसनीय चिकित्सा हैं ! आइये चुने.स्वस्थ एवं आनन्दमय जीवन. एल.एन.आयुर्वेद के संग!
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!
Cubital Tunnel Syndrome is also known as Ulnar Neuropathy, a nerve compression syndrome where the Ulnar nerve, also known as the funny bone nerve, gets compressed due to heightened pressure or stretching. It can lead to numbness or a tingling sensation in little and ring fingers, sometimes pain in forearm and an overall weakness in the hand. Ulnar nerve is one of the three main nerves in the arm. It runs in a groove on the inner side of the elbow. Since it travels through a narrow space and has very little protective tissue, the nerve is quite vulnerable to compression.
The symptoms of this condition may range from mild to severe. Some of the mild symptoms include:
- Numbness in little and ring finger as the fingers fall asleep
- A tingling sensation, usually like the pinch of pins and needles in ring and little finger
- Pain in forearm
- Weakness in the hand
- Some of the severe symptoms include:
- Reduction in overall hand grip
- A claw like deformity in hand
- Wasting of muscles of the hand
Bending elbow over a long period of time like while using cell phone or during sleep can cause ulnar nerve compression. Resting the elbow for a long period over a hard surface can also cause an irritation of the nerve, leading to such symptoms. In some cases, the nerve snaps back and forth over a bony bump, resulting in an irritated nerve. People who undertake intense physical activity, especially using their arms, are more likely to develop this problem. Eg. baseball pitchers. Apart from this, people who have suffered from a dislocated elbow or have arthritis are also at risk.
Generally, doctors diagnose this condition through the symptoms. However, nerve tests are also conducted to check the level of nerve compression. Electromyography is a procedure in which electrodes are placed on the skin and muscles to measure muscle health. Determining muscle health and level of compression helps decide the mode of treatment. Generally, the symptoms of cubital tunnel syndrome are managed through a conservative treatment. However, in cases of severe compression, surgery can be considered as an option to relieve pressure, moving nerve to the front of the elbow or removing a part of the bone.
For mild cases, a towel or a protective cover for elbow is recommended. The towel should be wrapped around the elbow loosely. An elbow splint can be worn at night to protect the elbow from being bent for long time.
How can a physical therapist help?
A physiotherapist has an essential role to play in treatment of this syndrome. A therapist can help the patient to learn ways of avoiding pressure to the nerve. After surgery, with restrictions of movement, a therapist can help achieve smooth recovery and movement of the elbow. Your physical therapist will determine the activities that bring on your symptoms. The recommendations at this point will be to avoid those activities for a time. Remember, the nerve is irritated and at times swollen. If the irritation and swelling are reduced, the symptoms should resolve.
Be it children or adults. What you are is essentially what you make of what life throws at you and what you pick and what you leave behind. Essentially the choices that one makes determine what one becomes. It's so easy to blame others, life, destiny. But if one thinks twice it's the choices one makes.
A lot of women have uterine fibroids at some point in their life. You may have even had them and never known it. That’s because they often don’t cause any pain or symptoms.
So if you can get them and not have side effects, how do you even know if you have them? And should you be concerned?
What Are They?
Uterine fibroids, which your doctor may call leiomyomas or myomas, are muscular tumors that can grow on your uterus. They rarely turn into cancer, and if you get them it doesn’t mean you’re more likely to get uterine cancer.
Fibroids can vary a lot in size, shape, and location. They can show up in your uterus, uterine wall, or on its surface. They can also attach to your uterus by a stalk- or stem-like structure.
Some are so small that your doctor can’t even see them with the naked eye. Others grow in big masses that can affect the size and shape of the uterus.
Uterine fibroids usually appear in women of childbearing age -- generally between 30 and 40 years old, but they can show up at any age. They’re also more common in African-American women than in white women, and tend to show up earlier and grow quicker in African-Americans, as well. Doctors don’t know why that is.
What Are the Symptoms?
Some women may find out they have uterine fibroids because their doctor discovers them during a routine exam or ultrasound. You may be different, though.
If you do have symptoms, they might include:
- Heavy bleeding or painful periods
- Bleeding between periods
- Pressure, pain, or fullness in your lower stomach
- Enlarged abdomen or uterus
- Needing to pee often or trouble emptying your bladder
- Pain during sex
- Miscarriages or infertility
What Causes Them?
Experts don’t know exactly why you get fibroids. Hormones and genetics might make you more likely to get them.
Hormones. Estrogen and progesterone are the hormones that make the lining of your uterus thicken every month during your period. They also seem to affect fibroid growth. When hormone production slows down during menopause, fibroids usually shrink.
Genetics. Researchers have found genetic differences between fibroids and normal cells in the uterus.
Am I at Risk?
Besides age and race, there are a few other things that can raise your chances of developing uterine fibroids, such as family history. You’re more likely to get fibroids if your mom or sister has had them.
Many other things can contribute to your chances of getting uterine fibroids, including:
- Getting your first period at a young age
- Birth control use
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Eating too much red meat and not enough green vegetables, fruit, or dairy
Can I Prevent Them?
No, but there is some research that suggests certain lifestyle habits can reduce your chances.
One study found that high-sugar diets may be linked to a higher risk in some women. Another study found that eating fresh fruits and cruciferous vegetables like arugula, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, collard greens, and turnip greens could lower your odds. Cruciferous vegetables are rich in beta-carotene, folate, vitamins C, E, and K, and other minerals. They’re also full of fiber.
Regular exercise also can lower your chances of uterine fibroids.
I am 45 years old. I do not have sugar or thyroid. Only problem I have is high BP and I am overweight 120 kgs. We are a happy couple and have sex thrice a month to full satisfaction. Is it normal to have such decreased sex desire. Also, should I take any medication for increasing my sexual desire.
Sir, I am 18 years old and I have belly fats. So.sir tell how to remove the fat in short time. And pls tell me how to get six pack abs.
Midnight snack craving is basically a craving for food when you wake up in the middle of the night. Midnight cravings can lead to weight gain if you binge eat on a regular basis. It is important that you accept the situation and take steps to rectify it.
A majority of the foods that you consume are mostly empty calories such as cookies and sugar based food. If you don't control these cravings, then it may lead to tremendous weight gain. Here are a few tips to control your midnight snack craving -
- Eat your Dinner Properly: It is important that you eat a well-balanced dinner that consists of carbohydrates, protein and fats. If you don't eat a proper dinner, then the chances of eating later and subsequent binge eating go up drastically.
- Include Fiber: Add fiber to your diet as fiber helps you in feeling full. Eat fiber rich foods such as beans, lentils and broccoli which promote a feeling of satiety.
- Green Tea: Drink a cup of green tea after eating as it will help you sleep better.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure that you are properly hydrated as it will prevent food cravings. Dehydration may also lead to other health complication such as skin problems.
- Consume Yoghurt: Consume portions of yoghurt as it contains probiotic bacteria that help in keeping your digestive system healthy. It also promotes a feeling of satiety as it contains protein.
- Plan an Activity: Don't immediately go to bed after dinner, instead go for a walk or play with your pet. Make sure that you spend some time after dinner prior to retiring for bed.
- Eat Healthy: If you do have cravings then go for healthy choices such as eating salads and fruits. Focus on foods such as cucumber, jackfruits and apples.
- Protein: Make sure you add protein to your diet as protein helps in muscle building. It also makes you fuller so that you eat less. Include foods such as eggs, chicken and fish to your diet.
- Exercise: Exercise on a regular basis. This increases the secretion of endorphins in your body which improve your wellbeing and promote happiness. It will help you sleep better and reduce your craving to eat unhealthy foods.
Eating healthy is a key to an active life. It sometimes becomes difficult to choose a particular diet plan as you are not too sure about what to eat that will help you lose weight. The best way to lose weight is to eat natural foods which help in maintaining your waistline than processed foods which promise the same. Following is a list of 7 very basic natural foods which help you lose weight and also takes care of your health:
- Broccoli - Broccoli is one of the most effective foods which can help you lose weight. It contains several micronutrients and phytochemicals which aid in weight loss by breaking down fats. Broccoli is rich in dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins and low in calories and yet satisfies your hunger. You can eat it raw, cooked or as a healthy snack. Add this green vegetable to your regular diet and hasten your weight loss process.
- Oats - Oats is a healthy addition to your diet as it high on nutrients and fiber. You should include it in the regular diet for at least 4 times a week if you want to lose weight. You can customize your serving to add more nutritional value to your meal. Avoid sugary toppings as they are high in calories and do not promote weight loss. Do not consume oats with added flavors or any other synthetic ingredients.
- Apples - Apples are low in calories and rich in fiber. It is a perfect snack which is sweet and satisfying at the same time. It not only helps you to lose weight but also effectively controls your blood cholesterol. Apples contain antioxidants which have a lot of health benefits other than aiding weight loss. Fresh apples are considered to be even more effective in this regard.
- Cabbage - Cabbage contains only 17 calories in a serving and is one of the best foods for weight loss. You can cook it in olive oil and season it with herbs and add it to your regular diet. Cabbage also helps fight cancer among its other beneficial qualities. It reduces your calorie intake and also satisfies your appetite. It also acts as a natural detox and works wonders for your overall health.
- Black beans - Black beans are one of the most satisfying proteins which you can consume during weight loss. They are rich in fiber and protein and keep you full for a long time. They contain soluble fiber which helps you fight cholesterol problems. The insoluble fiber in black beans maintains your digestive system and regulates the bowels.
- Fruit yogurt - You can see visible results if you cut down your overall calorie intake and supplement it with yogurt in your regular diet. The calcium in yogurt restricts the production of cortisol and controls your appetite. Yogurt also contains amino acids which contribute in burning fat. You can add fruits like blueberry or aloe vera to your yogurt to make it a tastier and healthier snack.
- Whole bean salad - Whole bean salad is simple to prepare and is a very healthy snack. It is filling and keeps your hunger pangs at bay. You can put bell peppers and sweet corn to add flavors and toss it in olive oil to keep it healthy.
Inflammatory, chronic and systemic ailments can cause joint or connective tissue damage throughout the body along with fever, rash, hepato-spleenomegaly and arthritis in children. Juvenile arthritis is a persistent inflammatory disease that stays for at least 6 weeks and starts at an early age of less than 16 years with no particular cause detected for the same. This is more commonly found in among girls and is associated with physical as well as emotional stress and triggers any or a combination of symptoms such as irritability, listlessness, discomfort in walking, loss of weight without any apparent reason, loss of appetite, fever, swelling and pain in joint regions. In case your child is suffering from these problems, homeopathy can be of good help.
Homeopathy treats a patient as a whole along with his or her pathological conditions. The homeopathic medicines are prescribed after a complete evaluation and case-analysis of an individual that includes the clinical history of the child, physical as well as mental constitution. Some of the most commonly opted homeopathic medicines for treating juvenile arthritis are-
- Abrotanum: If your child is having trouble in moving causing marasmus of lower parts along with lameness and soreness, which is worse in the morning then this medicine, can help him or her. It is also effective in curing marasmus in children with remarkable emaciation, particularly of the leg where the skin is flabby and swung loose in multiple folds. Sometimes these symptoms are also added with constipation and diarrhoea where this medicine can be opted for.
- Aconite: In case the arthritis is causing drawing and tearing pains along the limbs with violent and acute pulling in the joint regions and bones, then Aconite can help. This medicine is normally recommended for acute arthritis in young people who lead a sedentary life with plethoric habit.
- Apis: When the juvenile arthritis causes swelling in the knee area with stringing soring pain then Apis can mitigate the pain. The pain can spread in the back portion and limbs with tired, bruised feeling and numbness in hands and finger tips. Sometimes hives are also formed with oedematous swellings along with intolerable itching as a symptom of juvenile arthritis. Apis is prescribed in all such cases.
If your child is suffering from this painful discomfort, then you must take him or her to a certified homeopathic doctor instead of administering the medicine without professional advice. With persistent treatment, your child will be able to lead a normal, healthy life like his or her peers and be completely relieved from the suffering.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
* Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
* Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
* Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
* Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
* Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
* Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.