Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for KASTURI MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITALYour feedback matters!
Some of the advantages of exercising regularly are known to all and these include weight loss and better blood circulation. However, the benefits of exercise aren’t just limited to the obvious. A few other not so obvious as well as a few surprising reasons are mentioned as follows.
Corrects your posture: Having a good posture is much more than just aesthetics. A good or bad posture determines your overall health in many ways. Having bad posture may result in localized problems, such as spinal deformities and vertigo among others and may also lead to muscles loss over a prolonged period. Exercising helps in improving your posture by strengthening bones and muscles in your back as well as the spine.
Improves memory: One of the not so obvious benefits of exercising is that it improves your memory. The connection may not seem so obvious, but exercising also improves blood circulation and supply of oxygen to all the body parts including the brain, which results in better memory.
Helps maintain and improve the immune system: The immune system within your body helps fight all the intruders and toxins that may cause an infection or illness. Exercising not only helps to maintain it, but boost it as well. As a result, you will fall sick less often and your immunity will stay strong even as you age.
Ensures your bones remain strong: Bone loss and other related disorders are a fact of life and become more pronounced as you age. However, exercising can curb the rate of decay and help in making your bones stronger. It is important to know that bone strengthening exercises are not the same for all ages and they need to be adapted as per the requirement.
Helps you have better sex: Exercising will help improve your blood circulation, muscle mass, mood and will keep you active. The endocrine glands are forced to work harder to produce hormones to maintain muscle mass and this also contributes to better sexual functioning. Exercising will help keep your sex drive high and help you have better sex by keeping you fit.
Ensures better sleep: Many of the sleep related disorders caused in the body are due to inactivity and lack of physical exertion. Once you start exercising, the physical exertion will help you get to sleep and also regulate your circadian rhythm or daily sleep and wake cycles.
Reduces stress and anxiety: Exercising releases endorphins which help improve your mood and help in reducing stress and anxiety. This in turn can help reduce hypertension and blood pressure, thus helping in controlling other related disorders.
Builds confidence: Exercising will improve your overall appearance and thus, help you have more confidence due to a better body image. However, it also helps by making you feel accomplished as you incrementally push your physical limits while exercising. This will spill over into every aspect of your life and help you be successful or deal with failure better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Born as a male but feel like a female OR born as a female but feel like a male. Some persons are unable to feel comfortable in the physical gender that they are born in; their mind, brain, feeling and thoughts are all of the opposite sex. This uncomfortableness in their mind about their physical gender is termed as Gender Identity Disorder.
What's the cause?
We do not know the exact cause of this disorder, but it is hypothesized that developmental changes in the brain and the body do not sync, and the brain/mind is left with a different gender than the body. This is mostly an unidentifiable and unpredictable change.
What are the symptoms?
- Children might express a desire to dress up as the opposite sex.
- They might express replusion at one's own sex organs/genitals.
- As adolescence begins, they do not develop feelings of attraction towards members of the opposite sex. Some complain of revulsion about their pubertal changes.
- Males want to pee while sitting down, while females want to do it standing up.
- Their behavior is often more like that of the opposite sex, e.g. boys might display feminine gestures, while girls might indulge in risk taking and reckless behavior.
- As they become adult, a realisation that they are stuck in a body that they do not like causes depression and anxiety.
Diagnosis: A diagnosis of Gender Identity Disorder (GID) is made based on a detailed assessment by a Psychiatrist, who is specially trained in this assessment. WPATH standards mandate that this is an ongoing assessment, and involves facilitating the process of Hormonal Treatment and eventual Sex Reassignment Surgery. The whole process can take 2-3 years.
Treatment: For those who have severe GID, eventual sex reassignment surgery is the treatment and outcome. However, support of family, friends and a Good Psychiatrist can enable a smooth transition. Psychiatrists will often use antidepressants and anxiolytics to make it easier for the person to cope with societal and family pressures.
An estimated of 10 percent or more children snore for more than 1 night. Snoring results from the obstruction of breath when the air makes its way through the mouth. The air passage of the throat through which the air goes in and out causes the tissue to vibrate causing snore. The sound of the snore totally depends on the amount of air passing through the mouth and the frequency at which the throat is vibrating. Children above the age of three years tend to snore when they are deep in sleep.
Primary and secondary snoring:
Children who are otherwise healthy should not have a snoring problem unless there is some health disorder. However, if loud snoring is observed in otherwise a perfectly healthy kid, seeking medical help is a wise thing to do. In general, primary snoring is defined as a condition which is not associated with other sleep-related disorders such as lung disorder, OASS, inability to sleep for a longer duration etc.
It is estimated that close to three percent of the children suffers from breathing problem while sleeping. OSAS is a condition which is characterised by pauses in breathing and gasps along with loud snores. There could be instances where a kids’ muscle relaxes way too much obstructing the air to pass through. The body and the brain are both alerted at this stage. As soon as the brain sends a signal, the body wakes up. Thus, most kids suffering from this disorder are not able to sleep well and tend to feel tired throughout the day.
Common causes of sleep apnea:
Sleep apena is a major cause of snoring. It can be caused because of allergies, obesity, GERD etc. In children sleep, apnea can also be caused by tonsil. Since the tonsil size of children less than 7 years of age tends to be bigger than adult individuals, it causes snoring related problem. Swollen tonsils not only obstruct air but creates other health related problems as well.
Symptoms of sleep apnea during the day and night:
- Loud snore
- Snorts, gasps, pauses during sleep
- Heavy sweat during sleep
- Social and behavioural problems
- Failure to get up in the morning
- A nasal voice
- Easily irritated, cranky and aggressive
The first thing a that a doctor does is a physical exam followed by observing the symptoms of a kid. Primary snorting can be addressed by physical exercise, counselling and breathing exercise. Problems related to apnea are addressed through medicine, counselling, and exercise. Certain dietary restrictions also needed to be followed during this time. However, apena is completely treatable within a certain time frame. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
What is Palpitation?
Palpitation is a feeling of awareness of your own heart beat.
It is usually described as heart rate being either too fast (racing), too slow or a sensation of missing a beat.
Types of palpitations?
These palpitations occur as a response to physical or mental stress like exercise, fever, pain, fear, anxiety etc.
They are harmless and settle on their own once the precipitating factors disappear. They do not require any medical treatment.
These palpitations occur due to some underlying abnormality in either the structure of heart or the beating of heart.
These can be dangerous and at times life threatening. They may or may not settle on their own and require some medical treatment.
Warning signs that suggest palpitations are abnormal?
Palpitations are abnormal if they are associated with chest heaviness, chest pain, uneasiness, sweating, weakness, giddiness, feeling of black out, fainting, nausea, vomiting, seizures.
Palpitations are more likely to be abnormal In people who have some existing heart disease and these patients should report to their doctor at the earliest.
What to do during palpitations?
Call for help. (If u are alone avoid driving, use a taxi or auto) Go to your nearest hospital/doctor and try to get an ECG during the palpitations. If you are helping someone having palpitations, if they faint, call for help, start CPR if they remain unresponsive and take them to the nearest hospita
Which doctor can treat palpitations?
Doctors who specialise in the treatment of palpitations are called Electrophysiologists.
They specialise in heart rhythm and are capable of performing a variety of complex tests to identify and treat different types of palpitations.
Which investigations are used to diagnose palpitations?
ECG - Taken during palpitations and when the patient is normal is a very helpful tool.
Holter - Externally applied recorder which continuously records heart rhythm for 24 hrs.
ELR - Extended looper recorder, is like holter, but it records rhythm for longer durations.
ILR - Internal loop recorde is attached within the body for recording rhythm for long duration.
EPS - Electrophysiology study, is the most sure shot test to diagnose, identify and treat
What is EPS?
EPS stands for Electrophysiology study. By this test a trained electro-physiologist studies the conduction and formation system of heart beat, to understand the source, cause and type of palpitation.
It is a simple and safe procedure of 2-3 hours and can be done as a day care procedure (by admitting the patient for a few hours in hospital, with discharge on same day).
It requires fasting for 4 hrs, some standard blood investigations and is done with local anaesthesia and if required it can be combined with treatment like ablation in the same sitting.
In the procedure electro-physiologist take catheters into your heart to study and stimulate the palpitations and understand them. Once found they can use various techniques to stop the palpitations, the techniques are called Ablation.
What are the treatment options available for palpitations?
There are many options depending upon the nature of palpitations and condition of the patient -
Cardioversion - where either a drug or electric shock is given to stop palpitations immediately.
Ablations using many sophisticated computer softwares
Device Therapy like ICD (Internal cardiac defibrillator)
Combination of all the above therapies.
Your Electrophysiologist and you as a team can make a choice about the options that will be best for you.
My 8 months daughter is yet to get adjusted to the solid food. She doesn't eat much. Only 2 to 3 tsp. She likes only to be breastfeed. Please let me know what can I do so that she adjusts to the solid food.
I am 28 years old and trying for baby. My last period was on Aug 24th and had intercourse on 13th, 16th, 19th, 21st and 23rd day. Last six months avg cycle length is 32 days. I still not got my periods and have mild back pain. Please let me know on what day can I check pregnancy test?
Alcohol addiction commonly known as alcoholism is a fairly common problem that has shown to affect people from every walk of life. Scientists have tried to pinpoint the absolute cause behind alcoholism, but to no success. Certain factors like sex, genetic, and socioeconomic factors have shown to have some effect on alcoholism. The cause of alcoholism is never singular. Alcohol addiction is indeed a disease, where a person may not have full control over his actions and is seen to change the neurochemistry of the brain.
The symptoms of alcohol addiction can be seen in many ways and the severity of the situation varies from person to person. Other factors such as the frequency of consumption may also be specific. While some people are heavy drinkers and drink throughout the day; others may drink occasionally and remain sober for a few days.
A person who is dependent on alcohol will prioritise drinking over other essential activities and will eventually cause disruption in his social life, work or other areas of his life. It can also create a negative effect in the victim’s life along with their families and their near and dear ones.
What are the signs of alcohol addiction and alcohol abuse?
The signs and symptoms of alcoholism or addiction are rather conspicuous. Since drinking alcohol is common in social events in most cultures around the world, it becomes difficult to recognise when someone is addicted to alcohol, unlike drugs like cocaine and heroin.
The physical signs of alcohol abuse include:
- Loss of control over the quantity of alcohol consumed.
- Lack of adequate sleep, followed by overcompensation for sleep.
- Expression of anger and other negative behaviours my increase in inappropriate places and situations.
- Lack of proper attention towards the priorities in life.
How does alcohol affect the body?
Chronic abuse of alcohol can have negative effects on almost every part of your body and plays havoc in your system. Alcohol is liable to cause irreversible damage to several organs of the body which is vital for sustenance:
- Nervous system
- Stomach or Intestines
Alcoholism in itself can lead to several diseases like:
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
प्रेगनेंसी जांचने के कई कारण हो सकते हैं. जैसे कि यदि आप बच्चे नहीं चाहते हैं लेकिन सुरक्षित तरीका इस्तेमाल नहीं किया तब भी गलती हो सकती है. या कई बार दुसरे कारण भी हो सकते हैं. आपको ये जानकर आश्चर्य होगा कि प्रेगनेंसी को आसानी से जांचा जा सकता है. इसे जांचने के कई उपाय उपलब्ध हैं. यहाँ तक की बाजार में कई तरह के प्रेगनेंसी कीट भी उपलब्ध हैं जो कि आसानी से आपको इसकी जानकारी दे सकते हैं. आइए जानें उन तरीकों को-
1. सरसों से जांचें, प्रेग्नेंट हैं कि नहीं
आसानी से सबके घरों में उपलब्ध सरसों को पीरियड्स शुरू करने का एक कारगर नुस्खा माना जाता है. इसके लिए आपको करना बस इतना है कि एक टब में दो कप सरसों के बीज का पाउडर मिला लीजिए. फिर इस टब में कुछ देर तक अपना गर्दन डूबा कर रखिए. ध्यान रहे कि बर्दाश्त करने भर ही. इसके बाद गर्म पानी से स्नान कर लीजिए. ऐसा करने के एक या दो दिन में पीरियड्स फिर से शुरू हो जाए तो समझिए कि आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं और यदि दो हफ्ते तक भी पीरियड्स शुरू नहीं हुए तो समझिए कि आप गर्भ से हैं.
2. चीनी से भी कर सकते हैं जांच
जाहिर है कि चीनी भी बहुत आसानी से सबके घरों में उपलब्ध है. चीनी की सहायता से प्रेगनेंसी जांचने के लिए सुबह का पहला मूत्र तीन चम्मच लें और फिर इसे कटोरी में रखी एक चम्मच चीनी पर डालें. फिर कुछ देर तक इसका निरीक्षण करें. यदि चीनी कुछ समय बाद घुल जाती है तो आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं लेकिन जब नहीं घुले तो समझ जाइए कि आप गर्भवती हैं. इसके पीछे का लॉजिक ये है कि प्रेग्नेंट होने पर जो हार्मोन निकलता है वो वो चीनी को घुलने से रोकता है.
3. पेशाब से करें पता
ये भी एक बेहद आसन तरीका है. इसमें आपको एक छोटी सी कटोरी या डिबिया लेनी है. इसक कटोरी या डिबिया में आपको अपना मूत्र भरकर 3-4 घंटों के लिए छोड़ देना है. ध्यान रहे डिबिया को हिलाना-डुलाना बिलकुल नहीं है. इसके बाद यदि पेशाब की सतह पर सफ़ेद रंग की एक पतली सतह बनती है तो समझिए कि आप गर्भ से हैं. लेकिन यदि पेशाब की सतह पर कोई परत नहीं है तो सझिए कि आप प्रेगनेंट नहीं हैं.
4. गेहूं और जौ
यह एक परम्परागत तरीका है. इसमें प्रेगनेंसी जांचने के लिए आपको जौ और गेहूं का इस्तेमाल करना पड़ता है. कहा जाता है कि मुट्ठी भर जौ और गेहूं के दाने लेकर उनपर पेशाब करना होता है. उनपर पेशाब करने से यदि वो अंकुरित हो जाते हैं तो समझिए कि आप गर्भवती हैं. लेकिन यदि दोनों में से कोई भी अंकुरित नहीं होता है तो समझिए कि आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं.
5. सफ़ेद सिरका
सफ़ेद सिरके की सहायता से भी आप अपनी प्रेगनेंसी की जांच कर सकती हैं. जाहिर है ये भी एक आसान तरीका है. इसमें आपको एक कटोरी में आधा कप सफेद सिरका लेना है और इसमें आधा कप सुबह का सफ़ेद मूत्र डालना है. इसके बाद इसका निरिक्षण करना है. इसमें देखना ये है कि इसका रंग बदलता है या नहीं. यदि रंग बदल जाता है तो आप प्रेग्नेंट हैं लेकिन यदि नहीं बदलता है तो इसका मतलब है कि आप गर्भ से नहीं हैं.
6. टूथपेस्ट भी आता है काम
रोजाना इस्तेमाल होने वाला टूथपेस्ट भी आपके गर्भ की जांच कर सकता है. लेकिन इसमें एक बात का जरुर ध्यान रखना है कि टूथपेस्ट का रंग सफेद हो. यानी कि कोलगेट या पेप्सोडेंट जैसा. क्लोजप या मैक्स फ्रेश जेल नहीं चलेगा. आपको इस टूथपेस्ट को एक डिब्बी में डालना है और उसमें थोड़ी सी अपने पेशाब डालें. इसके कुछ घंटे बाद इसे देखें कि इसका रंग बदलता है या इसमें झाग बनता है या नहीं? यदि इसका जवाब हाँ में है तो आप गर्भवती हैं और यदि नहीं में है तो आप गर्भवती नहीं हैं.
7. ब्लीच से जांच
ब्लीचिंग पाउडर के प्रयोग से भी प्रेगनेंसी को जांचा जा सकता है. इसके लिए आपको सुबह का अपना पहला मूत्र एक कटोरी में लेना है. इसके बाद इसमें थोड़ा सा ब्लीचिंग पाउडर मिलाना है. फिर इसका निरिक्षण कीजिए. यदि इसमें से बुलबुले उठते हैं या झाग बनती है तो समझिए कि आप प्रेग्नेंट हैं लेकिन यदि ऐसा कुछ नहीं होता है तो आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं.
8. गुप्तांग का रंग देखकर
प्रेगनेंसी को जांचने का एक और भी आसान तरीका है. इसके अनुसार आपको अपने गुप्तांग का रंग देखना है. यदि आपके गुप्तांग का रंग गहरा नीला या बैंगनी लाल है तो इसका मतलब ये हुआ कि आप गर्भवती हैं. इसका कारण ये है कि गर्भ के दौरान खून का दौरा तेज हो जाता है. लेकिन यदि ऐसा नहीं है तो चिंता करने की कोई बात नहीं है.
9. प्रेगनेंसी किट
हलांकि सबसे बेहतर उपाय यही है कि आप बाजार से प्रेगनेंसी किट ले आएं और उसकी सहायता से ही जांच करें. इसकी कीमत भी कोई बहुत ज्यादा नहीं होती है. इसका परिणाम सबसे ज्यादा विश्वसनीय है.
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin. This release is determined by the body's circadian rhythm which is controlled by light exposure. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and tells the brain not to secrete melatonin. This makes it harder to fall asleep even after you have switched off your phone.
- It hampers the quality of your sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is a reduced amount of sleep. On top, that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, your brain cannot completely shut off. This makes you tense even in your sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When you wake up from a restless night's sleep, your productivity suffers. Not getting enough sleep is known to hamper your decision-making skills, impairs both long term and short term memory and make you distracted. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when you don't have enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases your chances of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn you put on weight.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it needs weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if you look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect your mental and physical health as well as your looks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
There are a number of ways in modern day medical science for helping couples conceive, in case they are not able to do so in a natural way. Apart from IUI, IVF and other forms of artificial insemination, one such way is ovulation induction. In this procedure, the ovaries are stimulated to release an egg which can maximize the chances of natural conception, or even through IUI. This is an effective process that works well, provided there are no other infections and diseases at play. It basically works by stoking the relevant hormones with the help of tablets and injections. Let us find out more about the process.
Varied Tests: Before embarking on the process, the doctor will conduct a number of tests to ensure that you are capable of conceiving by natural means or even with artificial insemination. These tests help in making sure that there are no other ailments in the picture, which may hamper the process of ovulation induction or affect the ovaries in general.
Ovulation Cycle: Thereafter, the doctor will take blood samples in order to study the exact ovulation cycle that the body follows. These blood samples will be studied to measure the level of hormones at different stages so as to find out the most opportune time when the situation may be congenial for the ovulation induction to begin. A transvaginal ultrasound will also be carried out so that the doctor may study the development of follicles within the ovaries. These follicles usually line the ovaries. This ultrasound will also study the thickness and appearance of the womb’s lining.
The Ovulation Induction Cycle: The ovulation induction cycle will begin with tests that will happen starting from day one to day four. Once the tests have ascertained that the body is ready to go through the process with maximum chances of conception, the process will begin on fourth day. On this day, the patient will be given medication like Clomiphene Citrate. This medicine is also usually given to patients who are undergoing IUI or artificial insemination as it is said to increase the likelihood of conception. The Follicle Stimulating Hormone injection will also be given to the patient on the same day.
After the Medication: Once the medication and injections have been administered, the patient will have to go through a test to study the hormone levels in the body. This usually takes place around day 10 or 11. Thereafter, two weeks later, the patient will go through an ultrasound to find out if the ovulation is about to begin.
Time: While this is an effective method, one must remember that the ovulation results may take time for women who do not have normal menstrual cycles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
When you are expecting, you are eating not only to nourish your body, but also to nourish the foetus growing within you. This has led to the common saying that when pregnancy, ‘eat for two’. However, more than the quantity you eat, it is important for you to make the right choices when it comes to what you are eating. Here are a few foods you should include in your diet to have a healthy pregnancy.
- Fruit and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of vitamins and minerals essential for your baby’s growth and development and to give you the energy you need. They also add fibre to your food and help prevent constipation thereby helping the digestive system function smoothly. To get the most benefits from fruits and vegetables, try eating them raw as much as possible.
- Starchy foods: Cereals and grains are essential carbohydrates that are needed when pregnant. To avoid excessive calorie intake, stay away from processed carbohydrates and instead pick whole grains, potatoes, unpolished rice, maize, millets etc to be part of your diet.
- Protein: Protein helps build muscle tissue and promotes development in the growing baby. It also helps with the development of the baby’s brain. Meat, fish, eggs, legumes, pulses and nuts are rich sources of proteins that should be essential parts of your diet. However, avoid excessive protein as it can lead to indigestion. Pick lean meats without skin and ensure that they are cooked properly before eating them. Avoid raw preparations such as sushi and raw oysters when pregnant.
- Dairy: To build strong bones your baby needs plenty of calcium. Calcium also helps regulate the use of fluids in your body. For this, it is essential that you have plenty of milk and milk products when pregnant. Wherever possible, choose fat-free variants to avoid excessive calorie intake.
- Lentils and nuts: Dried beans, lentils and nuts are rich sources of folic acid. Folic acid helps prevent congenital defects like spinal bifida etc that can affect the development of the baby’s spinal cord and brain. The liver is also a rich source of folic acid.
Not everything is good for you. Some things like saturate fats and foods that are high in sugar and salt content are best avoided when pregnant. These foods do not contribute much to your health but lead to weight gain and can increase your cholesterol levels. You should also try and limit your caffeine intake when pregnant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Masturbation is very common and most people indulge in it at some stage or the other in their lives. With online content becoming the main research material, there are lots of myths about masturbation in both men and women. Read on to know some of the common myths and facts about this in males and females.
Myth vs. Fact #1: The common myth is that men who masturbate regularly will have erectile dysfunction. The reality is that the body gets used to certain types of touch, like your own hand or vibrations, and therefore achieving pleasure with a partner may require slight practice and time. It, however, does not cause erectile dysfunction per se. It is a common belief that people who masturbate are sexually exhausted and would not be able to perform when actually with a partner. This is not true, for as long as the person is stimulated and desires sex, they can indulge in it with no cap on the number of instances that a person can be involved in the act.
Myth vs. Fact #2: Indulging in masturbation is an abnormal part of sexual growth. Though most would not admit it, there are anonymous studies which reveal a large number of people (about 70% of the boys and 60% of the girls) in the age group of 15 to 18 indulge in masturbation. This indicates that it is a very normal part of growing up. Children should be educated that it is normal to touch and explore the genitals, but should know the limitations.
Myth vs. Fact #3: People in relationships do not masturbate. Whether single or in a relationship, people masturbate, and this does not mean they are unhappy in their relationships. Depending on the levels of sexual desire and stimulation, some would indulge in masturbation despite being in a healthy relationship with a partner. Some people could indulge in the act together, which also has benefits like avoiding pregnancy.
Myth vs. Fact #4: Masturbation has no good effects. Just as sex acts as a good stress buster, masturbation does too. The good health benefits of masturbation include better sleep, reduced levels of stress and tension, improved concentration, reduced headaches, increased self-esteem, and an overall happy being. In women, this also helps improve vaginal dryness, which is a major cause of painful vaginal sex.
Myth vs. Fact #5: Masturbation has emotional side effects. Over indulgence surely can affect work, school, or social life, but it is not true for everybody. If that is the case, the person requires counselling. Else, it is a part of normal growing up and does not cause any physical or mental problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Sticking to routine is probably not the best idea when it comes to sex. Sex is about getting adventurous and going wild. So here is how you can spice things up in bed and make things interesting when you have been in a long-term relationship.
Here is a list of things that you can do to keep things in the sheets:
- Surprise your partner every once in a while: Everybody loves surprises, especially when it is related to sex. It can be anything, from having your partner not say a word while you yank his clothes off and get busy, to walking up to him with whipped cream on the right parts of your body. The key is to keep things interesting, so maybe do not do this too often. Save it for special occasions.
- Morning sex once a week, at least: Waking up to a mind-blowing orgasm? No better way to start a day. And the best part is that your partner is right next to you. Studies have shown that sex in the morning helps to raise your alertness and keeps your mood elevated all day.
- Share your wildest fantasies: When you have been in a long term relationship, your comfort level is probably at its peak. So go ahead and buy that stringy nurse costume online and surprise your partner. Or go out on a nice long drive, and don’t forget to get frisky with him in the car.
- Holiday themed sex: A Santa hat and a ribbon around your waist. That ought to keep you both busy all Christmas.
- Try a new position every month: The next time you go to the bookstore, grab yourself a copy of The Kamasutra and help yourselves to the more realistic positions. That can give a wonderful twist to your love life.
- Role play: You have been with each other for years now. You both perhaps know each other inside out. Try a little game called role playing where you meet each other all over again. To add to the fun, whip up some new names for each other.
- Put technology to its best use: Send a text explaining all the dirty things you would do to your partner after he gets home. That will have him looking forward to what is coming up all day. Maybe attach a tempting picture of yourself, for men are visual creatures. And don’t forget the “NSFW”. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
What are Kegels?
A Kegel is an exercise specifically designed to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles. This can help you improve erection angle, improve erection quality, give more intense orgasms, indirectly enlarge your penis, cure incontinence, and much more !
Kegels were invented by Dr. Arnold Kegel, an Obstetrician, in the 1940s. Although developed for women, it became clear keels are also great for male sexual health !
Find your PC (pubococcygeus) muscle:
While urinating, contract your muscles so you either slow or stop the flow of urine. Those are your pelvic floor muscles !
4 Simple Steps:
YES ! With strong pelvic floor muscles and practice, men CAN become multi-orgasmic !
Don’t just Kegel
Combine your Kegel with other penis exercises like jells and stretches, to maximize your results !
Have your partner do Kegel too. You’ll both enjoy a harder erection and a tighter vagina !
Although some women with PCOS have regular periods, high levels of androgens and also the hormone insulin can disrupt the monthly cycle of ovulation (when eggs are released) and menstruation.
UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same.
Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways. The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity. Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Follow up is needed with the Physician or the Nephrologist while having medication or there are chances of recurrent UTI. The treatment for recurrent UTI can go for more than 3-8 weeks.
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.