Doctor in Kamineni Hospital - LB Nagar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Kamineni Hospital - LB NagarYour feedback matters!
Dr. I am 21, I am getting a bad pain in my lower back and I had allot of problems with my stools which is past 3 to 4 months and also problem with urination, I get pain.
One of the most common diseases that afflict a large section of the population is arthritis. It is common among people who are above 40 years of age. Acute joint pain, difficulties in movement and weakened bones are among the most common symptoms of arthritis. Given the fact that it is a condition that has permeated into modern life so deeply is what makes arthritis one of the most feared illnesses of this time. Although there are multiple forms of arthritis, there are primarily two types, which are:
- Osteoarthritis: This is characterized by a breakdown of the cartilage between the bones. It is mostly known to affect a person’s joints.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This is a form of auto immune disease that severely affects the lining within the joints of bones.
The causes of arthritis might vary from person to person. Some of them are discussed below:
- Diet and nutrition habits: Some food items, especially red meat and products derived from animals can cause a rise in the level of uric acid thus, increasing the risks of arthritis as well as gout. Smoking also has been known to worsen this condition.
- Genetic predisposition: Some people are more prone to develop arthritis as they are genetically predisposed to it.
- Problem in the immune system: Rheumatoid arthritis is one condition which is caused by the attack of immune system on the lining of the joints within the body.
- Obesity: The joints are subject to excess stress because of the excess weight. This results in a higher risk of arthritis in obese people.
- Age: The risk of arthritis increases with age.
- Family history: It is possible for you to be vulnerable to this disorder if arthritis runs in the family.
- Previous injury: People who have had a previous joint injury are more susceptible to arthritis.
Typical symptoms of both forms of arthritis are:
- Redness in the affected areas
- Stiffness in the joints
- Pain in the joints of the body
- Swelling in particular joints or most joints of the body
- Decreased mobility either due to pain or stiffness
The knee joint is called Janu Sandhi in Sanskrit; hence the name Janu Basti is given to the procedure done on knee joints. In this, the knee joint is bathed with warm medicated oil or freshly prepared herbal decoction. Depending on the condition it can be practiced over both the knee joints or on one knee joint. Knee joints are considered as sandhi Marma in Ayurveda (joint type of vital areas) which measure about three fingers (three anguli pramana). So the Janu vasti is specialized knee therapy or massage which rejuvenate the Janu marma.
- The person is made to lie on his back on the massage table (Droni).
- Reservoir made of black gram dough is built upon the Knee Joint. The dough ring should be such that it covers the knee joint.
- After ensuring the ring is leakproof, the lukewarm medicated oil or herbal decoction is slowly poured into it. When that cools down, it is squeezed out with cotton gauze and the procedure is repeated.
- At the end of the procedure, the ring is removed and the affected area may be gently massaged The person is then made to take rest for a short while.
- Duration of treatment: 30 to 45 minutes
- Pacifies aggravated Vata dosha in the knee region
- Restores the lubricating fluid in the joint and maintain integrity of the structures involved in the joint.
- Removes stiffness and pain in Knee joint
- Protects knee joints from age-related changes
- Increases blood circulation; thus strengthens and nourishes the knee joints
- Improves the mobility of the knee joints (knee flexion and knee extension)
It is indicated in the following conditions:
- Osteoarthritis of knee joints
- Arthrosis of knee joints
- Chronic pain of the knee joint.
I am diabetic and I have back pain and disc bulge in s4 s5 and L1 and numbness in right leg lower please suggest what can I do.
I have minor spondylitis issue. And my neck and shoulder pains a lot. Please suggest what treatment should I go for?
I became aware of my slip disc since 2015, I took medication and used belt which helped. However still the pain comes up in following cases 1. when I stand continuous/walk for some time, there is vibrating sensation in thighs. 2. when I sit down/sleep and then wake up and start walking, I cannot walk properly for sometime due to pain and then slowly pain goes away. What would be right thing to do to cure this? Situation is getting bad with age and weight gain as I am not able to do walk for long time, advice/suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
The causes of musculoskeletal pain are varied. Muscle tissue can be damaged with the wear and tear of daily activities. Trauma to an area (jerking movements, auto accidents, falls, fractures, sprains, dislocations, and direct blows to the muscle) also can cause musculoskeletal pain.
Hi, I have a particular point pain in my left leg. I have got x-ray done. No abnormalities The pain increases when, my leg is at rest.
A shoulder dislocation occurs when the bones of the upper arm snap out of your shoulder blade, generally after suffering a major injury. The joints of the shoulder are the most flexible body joints, thereby, making them more prone to dislocation. In most of the cases, a dislocated shoulder can be fixed within a few weeks’ time with the help of proper diagnosis.