Having a happy and satisfied love life is very important for any person. However, physical limitations such as erectile dysfunction can severely hamper that and cause you to lose out on physical pleasure. It may also cause strife in your marital life and be a cause for low self-esteem as well as social embarrassment. Erectile dysfunction, which is commonly referred to as impotence, is either the inability to continue with an erection into climax for a continued period, or being able to maintain the erection for a very short time or not being able to get an erection at all.
Causes of erectile dysfunction according to Ayurveda
Erectile dysfunction may be caused due to a variety of factors which include physical issues, lifestyle habits as well as psychological issues. Anything from injuries to defects within the spinal cord or problems with blood flow may cause erectile dysfunction. An abusive childhood or guilt associated with sex may also be responsible. In Ayurveda the study of sexual medicine is linked to ‘shukra dhatu’. Any problem with this may thus result in multiple sexual problems including erectile dysfunction.
How Ayurveda can help cure erectile dysfunction?
Ayurveda take a holistic approach rather than trying to cure the problems from one focused area. It tries to get the issues with ‘Shukra Dhatu’ resolved in your body so that erectile dysfunction can be cured. Some of the techniques applied in Ayurveda are mentioned below. The exact implementation as well as the combination of the methods chosen may change according to the causes in a specific case.
- Vajikarna therapy: This is a holistic cleansing process which aims to remove the faults within the body that are causing erectile dysfunction. It includes many processes such as controlled regurgitation to take out toxins from the body, special ayurvedic massages, a specially recommended diet, and various herbal concoctions that can rejuvenate your vitality and help you get rid of erectile dysfunction.
- Using specific drugs to correct erectile dysfunction: Certain Ayurvedic herbs can be quite effective in dealing with erectile dysfunctions, both in the form of specialized ayurvedic medication or if administered as home remedies. Some of these herbs include:
- Shatavari among others
- Changes in lifestyle habits: Excessive drinking, smoking and consumption of junk food may all lead to weight gain as well as imbalances within the body. These may affect the heart, blood pressure or sugar levels in your body and lead to erectile dysfunction. Ayurveda would require you to cut down or quit certain lifestyle related habits which are causing ED. Herbs and other methods along with lifestyle changes will then help you to get your vitality back.
- Yoga and meditation: Exercise and movement would definitely help you in setting your body on the proper path. Yoga and meditation would thus, be an integral part of the treatment for erectile dysfunction. This would be required in order to correct the systems that have been upset within the body and allow you to have a fulfilling sexual life.
The greater part of us can recollect the hot, zesty minutes when the love life was new and everything was rosy between you and your partner. However, the flame of a decent love life may fade away. Gradually, you and your partner may have an uninteresting sexual life.
In order to break the deadlock, you must find ways to bring back the old flame. Here are 10 ways, following which you can slowly get back to your glory days:
- For men, keeping a healthy heart is a must for long lasting spirit in bed. Your penis chips away with circulatory strain. The mind sends signals to your penis that causes vessels to swell with blood. Your heart is in charge of pumping the blood. When the heart is not functioning at its best, it can bring about issues with the blood stream from the heart to the vessels in your penis. This can make it hard to accomplish a full erection. Ensure your circulatory framework is working at top shape. Essentially, what is useful for your heart is useful for your sexual well-being.
- One of the most ideal approaches to enhance your sexual well-being is cardiovascular activity. Sex gets your heart rate up, yet standard activity can help your sexual execution by keeping your heart fit as a fiddle. Sweat breaking activities, such as running and swimming, can do marvels to uplift your charisma.
- In case of men, some food items help in increasing blood flow. This accounts for better erection. Example, banana (rich in potassium), onion, garlic, chilies and pepper. Some of these items reduce hypertension.
- There are many people who have certain sexual problems, but keep them to themselves. People tend to hide their problems from their partners because of fear of failure. These problems should be talked about, given attention and be cured in order to restore the normal sexual performance and Erectile Dysfunction is one such problem.
- Sex is a two way road. Giving careful consideration to your partner's longing makes sex pleasurable for them and turns you on as well. Discussing this in advance will make it easier for you.
- In case you're not enduring the length you desire in bed, you may require some practice. Masturbation can help you enhance your stamina.
- Exposure to sunlight decreases the production of melatonin. Less melatonin increases the potential for sexual urge. Spend some time in the sun.
- Reduce much stress possible from your life. Stress boosts blood pressure and heart rate and your sexual performance gets hampered.
- Get rid of unhealthy habits, such as smoking and drinking. Such stimulants may lead to impotency, and you must avoid them to maintain sexual health.
- Experiment with new and different sexual positions to make it more interesting and fun for your partner.
Hello Doctor I have improper sex experience ,there is only insertions of penis not any penetration or not complete intercourse but m notice spots of blood 2-3, plzz tell me hymen is completely broken, but I am worry about this bcz m notice pink colour skin which covers my vaginal opening and my opening is v shape and very small please tell me about this skin m worry about this, is it hymen or not.
I want to ask That How muck time take to regenerate Sperm in Body After ejaculate yesterday? How much Time Take For benign fresh Sperm? Please tell me. I want to became my wife pregnant. Can.I.do sex every day? Every Day make Fresh Sperm In body?
Hi I have a some problem I am taking elkohal, cig, Gurkha's ND I'm also interested in a sex but in my self but today something wrong when I am doing this my urine comes ND I am suffered you suggest me its dangerous for me.
Sex! Need some one but not getting, masturbated but not satisfied & sex toes are banned, help me, to do it. Need it badly!
I am 27 years unmarried, I have lost my sexual power I think I am suffering from psychological problem.
HI I have intercourse with my wife everyday and it lasts long but she does not has orgasm during sex so after sex I masturbate her and then she as orgasm my question is it good or is there any side effects to my wife by that is there any chances of sje getting pregnant as I read that when orgisam happens there is a chance of sperms to enter inside please clarify.
Hello doctors, I have very less ejaculation time during sex. It's about 2/5 min. Is there any medicine can I prefer for increasing sex time so it's good for both? Thank you.
I masturbate till 7 years I have pain in lower pelvic region till 3 years and frequent urination with irritation in pelvic dizziness and shortness of breath.
I masturbate till 7 years by rubbing clitoris it cause pain and difficulty to wear under wear I have frequent urination pain in lower pelvic shortness of breath dizziness and balance problem physically weak tired what can I do please help me frequent urination but no infection in culture test swelling uterus in ultra sound scan pain in lower pelvic when bladder little bit filled urgent urination.
Sir im heaving red rashes dryness and some white circles at few point on the tip of my penis and four skin and its itching. Sir please tell me what im dealing with sit I have few photos of rashes to show.
The smell of your body acts the same way as a natural aphrodisiac will and it can entice your partner for immediate intercourse. However, if the same pleasing smell is converted into a bad odor then your sexual life with your partner would become a little objectionable. It is very imperative that we take care of personal hygiene as regards essential parts of our body to guarantee a happy as well as healthy sex life. Care should be taken that we do not mess up with cleanliness issues and to achieve a healthier comfort zone and follow a few essential tips related to personal hygiene.
General Health Tips to Be Followed
- The first and foremost hygiene tip that must be followed to avoid bad smell is to take a shower. It would make you feel fresh and provide better energy to perform the sexual act.
- It is very essential for couples who want to enjoy oral sex to wash their sexual organs properly. If the sexual organs are not washed properly your partner would be reluctant in giving you oral pleasure. Hence, proper a cleanup is a must and this must be done before and after having sex, which is obligatory even for your personal health.
- In the course of sexual acts, partners often tend to touch the body parts of their partner and if the body parts are hairy, then that too can put your partner off. It is therefore, necessary that all the brittle hair is shaved off properly, and it should be trimmed neatly. The body hair can make it uneasy for you to enjoy sex with your partner.
- The most important hygiene tip that needs to be followed is to keep your hands and nails clean. If the hands or nails are dirty, they are likely to carry harmful microbes in them and that possibly will irritate your partner as well. To feel nice and enjoy sex in a better way it is always better that body parts are cleaned properly.
- Discomfort in sex is also caused when your mouth stinks due to eating something, and your partner would feel reluctant to kiss. It is therefore, best that you brush your teeth before going to bed. The other way you can get rid of the smell is taking some mouth freshener or chewing a mint. It would help in attaining pleasant smell in your mouth.
These hygiene tips must be followed to enjoy romantic moments in your life. Moreover, it is always good to stay clean and maintain personal hygiene.
A physical expression of your love towards the partner is essential so that your valued relationship can survive the test of time. You can’t just ignore your partner’s physical needs and urge for getting sexually satisfied to have a balanced relationship. In today’s world, growing stress and strains of life makes it difficult for the partners to have a fulfilling sexual experience every time. Blame it on the male or the female, problems can be many. It’s not just with the women, even problems in a man’s body could lead to unsatisfied sexual experience.
Lubrication, which was thought to be a woman’s problem only in the past, is also an issue with men. Insufficient lubricating fluids ejaculated by the man during intercourse, can spoil the fun and hamper the necessity.
Insufficient lubrication in men can happen due to physical or mental conditions. Sometimes, self-stimulation by masturbation could also be an issue. Masturbation often becomes a man’s erotic idiosyncrasies. The partner, unable to know that, fails to lubricate his man in sufficient proportions. Excessive stress hampers sexual life. Your man may also suffer from lack of confidence and have a ‘delivery boy’ attitude towards sex. He must know how to dominate the partner on the bed or else suffer from lubrication issue. Over-dependence on certain drugs can also lead to lubrication problems. This can especially happen due to the side-effects of antidepressants, painkillers and blood-pressure medications. Ageing is also a responsible factor for the same.
Treatment for Lubrication Issues:
Meet your doctor first to investigate any possible case of infection or any other problem.
You can practice Kegel exercises. This helps in toning down the pelvic floor muscle and intensifies orgasm and ejaculation process.
You must take care of your erotic context. You must prepare yourself with all pre-condition required for a satisfying experience. Take care of the ambience, environment, comfort and all that you feel good about.
You must value your sexual urge and take the dominating attitude. Don’t act like a delivery boy. Vaginal intercourse might not be sufficient to reach orgasm. Indulge in oral activity for ultimate stimulation.
Breathe deeply to relax your nerves.
Indulge in your secret fantasies boldly. Don’t compromise with them out of fear or shame.
Use artificial lubricants that make your genitals sensitive.
Consult a sex therapist for best results. Talk to your partner and don’t be shy about it. Convince her to help you out with the same.
Dear sir, Sir when I go to toilet then after passing urine, when I give pressure for latrine then some white thing come out to the penis, this white thing is continuously come Holl time when I sited. This problem is continuously going from 5 yrs. 1-2 times I consulted 1 or 2 Dr. But result is zero. Sir I've one bed habit (masturbation) .I masturbate from childhood, I think that's why this problem is came. And one more thing, when I'm on bed with my gf that time my time out is only few seconds for sex. Sir please suggest me something. Thank you sir.
Hello Doctor if any girls have sex at once, and haven't sex over long period her hymen recover by itself?
Low libido in men is a common disorder. It can act as an obstacle in a persons healthy sex life or might even push him towards neurological disorders. Treatment is, therefore, necessary.
- Lycopodium can spice up your sex life: There are many who suffer from impotence as a result of an overactive sex life. Men who have attained the age of fifty might have strong sexual desires but experience a lack of drive during the activity. Lycopodium can treat lowered libido in such cases. Homeopathic doctors prescribe this medication to people who usually suffer from gastronomic disorders such as flatulence or gurgling in the abdomen. A person known for his nervousness or fears regarding public interaction will also find this medicine helpful.
- Gelsemium can channelize blood to the right places: Low libido can also be experienced due to weak muscles. Don't miss the fact that the male reproductive organ is also made up of muscles. Lack of strength in penile muscles might decrease a person's sex drive. Gelsemium can treat this condition. Males with acute stage fright or consciousness can also benefit from this medicine.
- Arg nit is also an effective medication: Men with the requirement of this medicine usually suffer from diarrhea whenever subjected to tense situations. Anxiety makes them go weak in the knees. A flaccid penis or a shriveled genitalia can be taken care of with Arg nit.
- Arnica: If your penis is swollen and feels tender or sore, sex drive is bound to decrease. These may happen due to fatigue that further results from work pressure or physical exertion. Arnica can successfully remedy such instances.
- Lachesis: Lachesis can be of help in cases where the patient fails to achieve an erection but feels sexual urges nonetheless. Many times, the patient can feel jerks within the penis while it is in its flaccid state.
I am 25 years old female. My partner have strong erection. But my vagina is very tight. From 2 years we are facing the issue and I am still virgin. Is there any surgery to over come this problem? We have used white petroleum jelly and xylocaine. But no use. My partner loosing interest on me. Please suggest me the solution.
The incidence of premature ejaculation (PE) in men is reported to be 30% and is on the rise. It is the release or ejaculation of semen sooner than he would like during a sexual encounter with his partner. It is one of the most common male sexual problems.
It is considered that a man who can't 'last' for longer than five minutes would typically fit the definition of one suffering from 'premature ejaculation'.
Premature ejaculation can be a cause of embarrassment and can lead to frustration as sex may not lead to a pleasurable experience. Even partners of men who suffer from pe can be left feeling extremely dissatisfied. This can adversely affect relationships and have impacts on the affected person's self-esteem.
What causes premature ejaculation?
Ejaculation is controlled by the central nervous system. When a man is sexually aroused or stimulated, signals are carried from the spinal cord to the brain and from there sent to the reproductive organs to enable the release of semen through the penis. The exact cause of PE is still unknown. Many causes may attribute to PE from biological (low serotonin levels) to psychological factors and other related issues.
These are discussed further:
1. Biological causes: Serotonin is a natural substance made by the nerves. An increase in serotonin levels in the brain help men prolong the time taken to ejaculate and low levels of this substance can lead to PE.
2. Psychological factors: It is believed that following psychological factors can increase PE:
- Performance anxiety and unrealistic expectations
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
It comes as a relief that PE need not be life-long and with some help it can be treated:
How is PE treated?
Quite often PE occurs with new partners and may decrease on its own over a period of time with absolutely no treatment. A urologist or sexologist may advice on certain techniques that you and your partner could try out to delay orgasm. A doctor may suggest use of numbing creams or gels if the skin of the penis is excessively sensitive. If the issue is a psychological one, therapy or counselling is advised which if followed can effectively reduce PE and help achieve a more satisfying sexual experience and subsequently improve relationships.