Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Hmj Psycho Astro And Legal CounsellingYour feedback matters!
Depression is a very common disease and affects every aspect of your life including your physical relation to your partner. Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body. Women are more likely to suffer from a reduced libido as an effect of depression.
When it comes to depression and your sex life, there is no universal form of treatment. However, it is important not to stop treatment for depression in fear of a lowered libido. The sexual side effects can be addressed later.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your Sex life:
Ask your doctor to adjust medication
In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. You could also try adjusting the schedule of drug intake such that you medicate yourself after sex. Alternatively, you could ask your doctor to prescribe medication such as Viagra to boost your libido.
If your curbed libido is an effect of the depression itself, antidepressants may help you enjoy sex more. You should know that anti depressants can take a few months to have an effect.
Break the pattern
Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
Talk to your partner
Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
Off late, stress has started to take a toll on the health of most people. Irrespective of your age, you are burdened with work issues, disputes, household chores and other unplanned work, which comes your way everyday. These are what contribute the most to your stress building on a daily basis. Too much of stress accumulation in your body can be fatal for your health. It would lead to various side effects and disorders. Thus, it is important to treat stress in its earliest stages, lest it develops and degrades your health more.
What Causes Stress?
Stress is a natural reaction to psychological and physical threats. In small doses, stress improves our performance under pressure, helps us stay focused, and protects us from exhaustion. Unfortunately, in today's hectic, achievement-driven world, almost every individual experiences larger doses of stress several times per year. Many of us encounter regular stress-causing situations — negative and positive, large and small events — including job pressure, substantial life changes, promotions, financial hardships, daily hassles, deadlines, and grief over illness and death.
Constant stress causes our inner alarm system to remain turned on too long at a time, and it becomes more and more difficult to shut if off. When not assessed and managed, stress can lead to serious illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure. It also takes a toll on the quality of our life, work, and relationships. Natural homeopathic stress medicines support your body's need to calm down, relax, focus, and avoid agitation and exhaustion.
How can homeopathy help?
To start with, the homeopathic enquiry is a very profound one and very often during a consultation various factors come to light, which may be creating some degree of anxiety or stress in the patient’s life. A discussion as to how they may be overcome, removed or mitigated, can often be very helpful. Discussion itself can be extremely therapeutic. In many cases, the patient is anxious or worried because nobody has taken time to talk to them. The homeopathic physician spends a lot of time with patients. It is however very important that the practitioner should have a sound knowledge of conventional medical diagnosis because during the discussion signs and symptoms of disease which need conventional (sometimes urgent) treatment may emerge and a qualified doctor with a knowledge of diagnosis knows when to refer a patient urgently to the appropriate specialist and is able to do so.
Having carefully assessed the patient, taking into account not only his illness and how he is reacting to it, but his whole make-up, the homeopathic physician then tries to work out the patient’s constitutional remedy. If he succeeds in selecting the right remedy, the patient’s wellbeing, resistance, resilience, general health and ability to cope are enhanced and many stress symptoms can be helped.
Homeopathy has been seen as an effective natural remedy to treat the problems of stress. Many have tried homeopathy as a treatment and have got wonderful results out of it.
Stress Absorber helps mind and body to relax, stabilizes temper, reduces feelings of irritation, and increases a person's need for rest, good food, and good company. The balancing homeopathic ingredients also ease stomach and colicky pains, soothe minor muscle and joint aches, and calm rapid pulse and irregular palpitation.
Stress is an emotional and physical strain caused by one’s response to pressure exerted from the outside world. Long-term stress can sometimes turn into anxiety and cause an array of behavioural, mental and emotional symptoms. Constant stress increases blood pressure as well as the risk of a stroke. It can also increase the danger of heart attacks, particularly if anger and mistrust is involved. It triggers addictive behaviours that contribute to death and disability, such as smoking, alcoholism, drug abuse, and overeating.
Addictive habits and superficial attempts to change one’s lifestyle may not work in severe cases of anxiety or stress because they fail to address the root issues that lead to symptoms. Homeopathy, on the other hand, is one of the best ways to address underlying issues and ultimately remove stress and anxiety, which in turn brings physical health if the remedy is prescribed professionally.
Are you suffering from stress and sleep disorders (Insomnia)? Are you looking for Ayurvedic remedies for improving your sleep? The principles of Ayurveda state that sufficient sleep along with a proper diet, and wise utilization of energy are important for maintaining good health.
According to ayurveda, the vitiation of the three doshas either taken all together or individually may result in to insomnia. All factors, that are responsible for aggravation of vata and pitta ,along with environmental and dietary factors play an important role in sleep disturbances. High vata type of insomnia is caused by Vaata imbalance or mental stress. People, who toss and turn, unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results with anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day. Where as in pitta imbalance there is intermittent awakening. You may fall asleep quickly but wake up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness. Another pattern is that you wake up before dawn and find it difficult to go back to sleep.
There are certain health principles and ways that you should follow for improving quality of sleep, getting rid of stress and boosting your body’s immune system. They are as follows:
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule- You should be very disciplined regarding your sleep. Try to sleep early which gives you the time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. Your mind is stable, slow and dull from 6pm to 10pm. This is a perfect time for getting good sleep.
- Mindful eating- It is recommended for you to have your dinner early between 6.30 to 7 pm. The digestive fire starts cooling down after the sun sets. You can improve your digestion by eating light, early meals. This is beneficial for your sleep quality. While eating, you should avoid doing other activities such as reading books, watching television, or involving yourself in conversations.
- Oil massage- Oil massage therapy is a primary part of Ayurvedic treatment for stress and sleep disorder. Oil massages on your feet are important for improved sleep. There are nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished because of oil massage. Massaging helps in stress relief, makes you feel relaxed, and improves your blood circulation. As a result of all these, your sleep gets drastically improved. You can choose from several herbal oils for massage.
- Pranayama- Pranayama is considered to be very important for improving sleep disorders and stress. Several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “naadi shodhana pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind, and calms down your nervous system. You are bound to get deeper, and longer sleep of high quality.
- Practice self-compassion- You wellness and health depend considerably on a balance among your mind, body and soul. It is important for you to keep away from negative vibes and always try to be present in a positive environment. You should be mindful over who you talk to right before going to sleep. Ideally, you should switch off your mobile, computer, television, and social media activities, two hours before going to sleep.
- Regular exercise- Regular exercise is very important for you to stay healthy and fit physically, which in turn helps you to maintain a healthy state of mind. This is vital for improving sleep disorder and eliminating stress. Keep away from all types of stimulants during the evening so that your sleep is not affected.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Insomnia
The useful herbs for the treatment of insomnia are:-
- Brahmi: It is a powerful brain tonic, which supports and improves all aspects of mental functioning. It is a calming and tranquillising herb. A cup of brahmi tea or powder or any other preparation with brahmi, taken at bedtime, will induce a peaceful sleep and its regular use will help to cure insomnia.
- Vacha: (Acorus calamus) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various ailments, such as epilepsy, headache,insomnia etc. it can be taken along with Amla, Brahmi powder at bed time.
- Aswagandha: This is an overall tonic for greater vitality and longevity. It enhances coordination between the mind and senses which, according to Ayurveda, is essential for good sleep. The recommended dose is half teaspoonful of powder taken at night along with sugar+ ghee or warm milk.
- Jatamansi: It has been found to increase levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin. It is a sedative, anti-depressant, and anti-epileptic cardio-tonic and is regarded as one of the most effective remedies for neurosis.
- Valerian: Indian valerian, also known as tagar in Hindi, works on the nerve channels by clearing out toxins from the blood, joints, tissues, colon and nerves. Its basic role is to rejuvenate. However, valerian should not be taken on its own. For, it can have a somewhat dulling effect. It is best used as part of some herbal preparation.
I am a dentist married with 2daughters my husband is a bsnessman I face severe nervousness anxiety in public lack of confidence. My husband started ignoring me due to work pressure I was stressed in both my pregnancy due to lack of care. I went out of practice for child care nw I n my husband live in long distance due loss in bsness. I live with my parents. What should I do.
I am in home for a month and then return to my hostel again. My roomie who is very close to me behaving very different now days. The girl whom we don't like have good bonding with my roomie. I don't have frnds in this city. I am feeling so alone here and frustrated too as my coaching is starting after 3-4 days. What can I do now I am too much frustrated with my roomie nd that girl.
Anxiety cure automatically or it will becomes a part of life. Because I am not taking stress but it comes any time and any moment. I do exercise and yoga. And I also take good diet and avoid caffeine. Then why it comes any time to me?
Does anxiety cure through medication. Or automatically? I am taking anti depressant medicine like galop plus 10.
Chronic nightmares are caused by a lot of internal as well as external factors. It can cause sleep disorders and can affect your overall health. Some of the key reasons that contribute to chronic nightmares are mentioned below:
- Stress and anxiety: Anxiety can come in many forms. It can happen due to simplest of reasons such as moving to a new place to joining a new job, suffering from trauma to losing a close one in the family, etc. Stress as a result of these can lead to bad dreams and chronic nightmares.
- Media: Suspense shows or scary movies are also known to cause nightmares. Recalling visual imagery from a recently watched horror movie during sleep can appear in the dream without any intervention. The brain can create a sequence and produce imagery based on one’s recent thinking process.
- Depression: A Finnish Study showed that more than 28 percent who suffers from depression get nightmares at night. A negative mindset coupled with poor self-confidence can lead to chronic nightmares resulting in sleep disturbances.
- Traumatic experience: Any recent experience of surviving a natural disaster, violence in the relationship, major vehicle accident, are frequently linked with nightmares. More than 50 percent of the people with PTSD suffer from nightmares reveals the National Center for PTSD, USA.
- Drugs and Medications: People coming out from recent medication such as barbiturates, narcotics and antidepressants often suffer from hyperactive neurotransmitter leading to nightmares. Withdrawal from alcohol and recreational drugs are also known to be responsible for chronic nightmares.
- Snacking Before Bedtime: Often eating before sleeping triggers the metabolism and signals are sent to the brain to be more active than usual. Junk foods and spicy meals should be especially avoided to refrain from chronic nightmares.
- Inability to Relax: Inability to relax gradually builds up a basic level of underlying arousal process which later contributes more in further reaction towards stress.
- Conflicting Material: Any conflicting material which we are not aware of might lay embedded in our subconscious mind, which might contribute to repeated nightmares.
So basic idea is to learn some relaxation technique and practice those. If the condition persists then it will call for a detailed assessment and may be some medication besides Psychological measures.
How to get rid of nightmares?
- Treat the underlying symptoms: It is important to identify the cause of the nightmares. Often stress, PTSD, anxiety and depression can cause nightmares. Once the cause is identified, medical help or self-help techniques can be employed to overcome it.
- Exercise: Exercise tires the body and relaxes the brain. From dancing to rock climbing, running to rowing, hitting a gym to brisk walking, one form of exercise should be daily practised to make sure you get sound sleep during the night.
- Talk to your doctor: If you are undergoing any medication that involves withdrawal, anxiety, narcotics, you should immediately consult a doctor about the effects of medicine. A doctor can either reduce the dosage of medicine or change the medicine altogether to address the problem
- Stress Reduction: Stress can be reduced by practising yoga and meditation. You can also take a hot shower before going to sleep to calm yourself down. A relaxed mind goes a long way in ensuring sound sleep during the night.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one; and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
- Communicate your feelings:Many-a-times, Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep:20-30 20-30 minutes of body workout or a session of yoga every day helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy:Taking Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly:Set Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional wellbeing.
I have depression problems, mood swings problems. I do anger without any reason, sometimes I start crying for a small reason. May be all these reasons for my depression and mental problems. I was a brilliant student till 10th standard and after I had changed city and my school. So that time I can't concentrate on my studies. At present m trying to get job in banking sector. I passed in many exams but can't face interview due to less of confidence. I am handicapped. May be it is second reason of depression. What should I do? Please help me.
Depression is a psychological condition, which can develop in men and women of any age. No one can identify the cause of depression. It can be excessive stress, failure in relationships, academic pressure and various other issues of these sorts. But depression in itself is a serious condition and needs to be treated as soon as possible, lest it aggravates.
Before trying to deal with depression through medicines and counselling, it is important to recognise the signs and symptoms of this condition and try as much as possible to come out of it on your own. There are certain natural remedies, which work during the initial stages of depression. It is only when these fail or it aggravates that the patient must be rushed for immediate counselling. Here are certain natural ways of treating depression.
- Sleep well: A sign that you are suffering from depression is lack of sleep. One does not get sleep no matter how hard he/she tries. Even after having sleeping pills, one does not get the correct amount of sleep that he/she requires. This triggers insomnia, thereby causing other health problems to develop. Thus, sleeping is mandatory. If needed, you must force yourself to sleep.
- Eat well: It is often said and seen that depression leads you to binge eat or over eat. Overeating would include indulging yourself to too much chips, chocolates, junk food and the like. This would unnecessarily make you gain extra pounds and can trigger obesity. Alternately, it has been seen that the patient lacks the desire to eat anything. This too can lead to adverse effects as the body balance gets disturbed.
- Exercise: Regular exercise helps in diverting your mind to something else for a little while. It also helps in keeping you fit and healthy. In case you do not like to exercise, you can opt for jogging or running or even simply taking a walk out in the open. Going out and inhaling fresh air, makes you focus on positive thoughts for a while. A daily dose of positive thoughts can do wonders for you.
- Experiment with yourself: Try something new each day that you have not tried ever before. This might include cooking, knitting, riding a bike and the likes. This keeps you busy and keeps your mind off the negative thoughts. What’s more, you might discover some of your hidden talents.
Remember, when the difficulties takes more place better to consulting a clinical psychologist for the same.
I am thinking too much I am not happy with my life. Every time failure making me depressed too much. And no mental support from anyone else even from my partner making me depressed more. Sometimes I feel to run away from everything. But because of my only three year old son. I am just staying back. I don't know what to do now.
She is having big problem of shivering and crying if some one say do this or you have done some thing wrong she got hurt in anger immediately start weeping and some time fell unconscious. I am in fear that she can take some extreme step in this condition. She is not in position to understand any thing. She is losing her figure and take deep breath, every body saying her behaviour is not good. I can not understand the problem and losing all relation. Uncontrolled anger please suggest. Every time she cry and fell on ground unconscious start taking very very deep breath.
This is one of my friend's problem. He wants to study well but when he took a book gets lot of problems that irritating him. Can you please suggest him how can he overcome this problem.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination.
Good health is indeed the key to success. If you were of the idea, that health is a biological factor that you are born with and that can be altered or rectified with the advice of a medical practitioner, you are extremely mistaken. To some extent, the quality of your health is in your hands. Physical health goes hand in hand with your psychological health. Like doctors say, a person might be facing some very serious disease, but being mentally strong can help him or her overcome difficulties. Your day-to-day attitude in life is also of great consequence; it decides your overall health when recorded for a year or more.
Effects of positive thoughts on a person's health:
- Worry less: Fretting is the worst way of coping in life. Each and every individual has issues gnawing at their existence. The best way to deal with problems is to face them with a calm and logical mind. Being anxious over a certain occurrence doesn't help you get anywhere in life. People who worry less have a longer and healthier life.
- Once you forgive, you naturally move on: Holding on to grudges is an utterly depressing way to carry on with the course of life. Unless you forgive, you are stuck at one single point. This holds you back from achieving to the best of your abilities. Forgiveness doesn't let the other person win; it only helps you live without emotional baggage.
- Learn to be resilient in times of stress: Thinking yourself as weak is an easy way to let hurdles take control of you. You should be of a strong disposition. Whatever the situation is, a person should take it in stride and consider it as a passing phase. Keep reminding yourself you will be back on your feet in no time at all. Being mentally weak can lead to nervous breakdowns.
- Creativity can help you sleep over remorse: Fear, anger, hatred or remorse are emotions that bog you down. Every human being should try and channelize their energies into something useful. Thinking creatively is beneficial for oneself.
- Never say 'impossible': Giving up on your dreams shows you in poor light. Treating a goal as impossible even before attempting to attain it can be very bad for your health. It can result in chronic nervousness.