Submit a review for HealthylifestyleYour feedback matters!
I am not fat but my belly fat is increasing day by day. To reduce it I started lemon water in morning for last three days and started walking in afternoon. What can I do to reduce it. Please prescribe a proper way.
I'm becoming fat day by day from the age of 18 in such a way that my lower part of my body is more fat I.e. From wast to downward and upper part is quite normal .can I know what is the problem and which doctor should I consult..
Obesity is a growing concern worldwide with an increasingly large number of people being diagnosed as obese every year. This is closely linked to the type of lifestyle that we are attuned to; less active and more sedentary.
If you are obese, you need to lose those pounds quickly; obesity increases the risk of various cardiac diseases and metabolic disorders. Fat loss is a gradual process that involves making changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits. Some changes that you can make to lose those stubborn inches off your waist are:
- Eat small but frequent meals: Generally, eating three large meals a day is what you follow. However, it is advised to eat smaller meals at least six times in a day. Eating smaller and frequent meals tends to up your metabolism thus, increasing your overall calorie burn.
- Cardio: Cardio is the way to go, if you want to lose fat, especially high intensity interval training. This is a form of exercise that involves doing an exercise, preferably compound exercises for a short burst of time (30 – 40 seconds) at full throttle, followed by a short rest period (10-15 seconds) and then repeating the process. This elevates your heart rate and keeps your metabolic rate elevated for up to 48 hours after your workout.
- Pick your foods wisely: The food you eat is important in determining how you lose your fat. Focus on eating a high protein, low carbohydrate and a moderate fat diet. Limit sugar intake to prevent blood sugar spikes. Focus on eating natural foods instead of junk foods as they have plenty of hidden calories.
- Be active: A sedentary lifestyle can hamper your fat loss process. Sitting in your office for long durations and watching television being glued to the couch are all linked with higher levels of obesity. Take frequent breaks from work and go for a stroll outside.
- Unwind: You may adopt relaxation techniques in your daily life, such as meditation to reduce stress as stress may lead to latent and sudden weight gain. Take up hobbies which can keep your brain involved and avoid stressful activities as much as you can.
How to lose weight while staying in a hostel
Have fruit salad:
While most hostels have their own menu for which you have already paid, it still makes sense to invest a few additional bucks on healthy foods. If you shell out cash for dominos or kfc, you can definitely spend some money on fruits. Prepare fruit salads and enjoy your snack times.
Parathas form an integral part of hostel menus and you may even be having parathas on a daily basis. There’s no doubt about the fact that parathas are tasty, but if losing weight is your goal, you may want to compromise on the ‘love’ of your taste buds. Replace parathas with ‘sukha rotis’ and take one big step towards achieving your weight loss goals.
Have heavy yet healthy breakfast:
- Make sure that you start off a big day with a heavy breakfast. A healthy combination of milk oats/ corn flakes or muesli with dry fruits sprinkled on it and a bowl of fresh fruits are great ways to kick start a great day.
- Snack on dry fruits:
- Whenever you feel hungry, satiate your urge with a handful of dry fruits. It is a better idea to consume healthy fats rather than saturated or trans fats that are present in high amounts in fried or processed ‘all-time-favorite’ snacks such as french fries, burgers, pizzas.
- Snacking on peanuts or roasted bengal gram dal is also a great way to consume healthy fat in a ‘tasty’ way. You may even have bananas to beat those between-meal hunger pangs. By the way, just avoid cashew nuts.
Drink three liters of water daily:
Water is a powerful appetite control element and you can really combat your hunger pangs in an effective way by having water whenever you feel hungry. Do you know that you can beat false hunger pangs by having a glass of water? try it out and let me know. Water will not only help you in losing weight, it will also help you in getting that clear and flawless skin.
Reduce tea/coffee intake:
Indian diet plan for high blood pressure
Tea or coffee sessions become an integral part of your life when you have friends, colleagues, and roommates to chat with. You may often end up engaging in social-political-religious or even appraisal related discussions without realizing the fact that you have taken several cups of brew during the process. And yes, please check your cola intake as well.
Avoid carbs for dinner:
I will not ask you to skip carbs for dinner at the initial stage as I know that it is quite difficult to tame your habit. Try having chicken roast with salad one night and question yourself how you feel. You can have a paneer salad if you are a vegetarian. If you dont have much choices at hostel, just have unlimited amount of dal along with some salads and veggies available. If you feel good, try repeating this daily. If you feel like, you may have buttermilk after dinner to facilitate digestion.
Indian foods rich in complex carbohydrates 3
Choose brown foods over their white counterparts. Go for tandoori rotis and mixed veggies and don’t skip the salads. Buy brown bread and keep it handy for odd time hungers.
How to lose breast fat
How to lose weight while staying in a hostel? well, exercise is the answer. While food choice is something which you do not have in your control, exercise is something that you can do on wish. Joining gym if possible is good option. If not, you can do simple exercises in your hostel room, yoga, aerobics or simple walking, jogging or running is something you can do at your convenience without any monetary involvement.
Hostel life is a life full of influences. You will share your opinions with others and you will appreciate opinions from others. This is what we refer to as ‘peer pressure’. You are most likely to succumb to peer pressure when it comes to tweaking your lifestyle which includes your dietary habit as well. I would encourage you to stay strong in the midst of such influences. Your friends may ask you to skip your day’s dietary plan and you may choose to honor their request that day just to realize later that you have again started getting defeated by your habit. Treat yourself, but once in a while. Keep some moments special.
Hello doctors, I'm 27 years old weighing 95 kgs. Few days ago I jumped on sugary food and my finger blood test at home revealed to lie between 6.0. So my questions are what should be my new habits as from now & am I already a diabetic at a lvl of 6.0? Thank you very much.
I'm trying lose my weight and in process of keeping myself fit. So I need a Indian diet plan? Please help me.
Rice, when chilled overnight can contain up to 60 percent fewer calories than when freshly cooked — potentially dropping from 130 calories per 100g to just 52. But you need to cook it in the right way, according to research presented to the american chemical society.
When the water is boiling, before the rice is added, pour a little coconut oil into the pan — about 3 percent of the weight of the rice you’re using. When cooked, leave in the fridge for 12 hours to hugely reduce the calories.
This exciting phenomenon is down to the way starch in the rice changes when it is heated then cooled.
When cooked rice is eaten, its starch is turned into the sugar — glucose — by the body and converted into fat if not burned off.
However, when rice is chilled, its starch becomes what is called ‘resistant starch’, which the body cannot digest. This means it is not included in the calorie count.
The coconut oil stops the cold rice from sticking together, and also seems to produce more resistant starch in the rice, further reducing the number of calories.