Doctor in ENT Hospital
Submit a review for ENT HospitalYour feedback matters!
As I was told, untreated hearing loss of otosclerosis may lead to total deafness. And advised to undergo stepedoctomy surgery or to hearing aid. So, please clarify me how hearing aid treats otosclerosis because such devices only amplify the sound but not reduce infection of stapes or stirrup. And is it advisable for surgery to 40% of hearing loss (I think it is mild). Stepedoctomy is permanent treatment for otosclerosis.
My right ear nerve is damaged due to loud sound of DJ in a small place. A ENT Doctor told me that it is not curable. It irritates me as I hear couple of sounds together. It creates zoooom when I smoke and in noisy area. Doctor gave me medicine GUDMENSIA but not effective. Another doctor gave me medicine Tab ANNEAL-3. Again No relaxation. Kindly suggest.
Kindly attention Homeopathy doctors on Lybrate. Please help me to get rid of my problem. I have an ear discharge, that too not continuous, but sometimes, due to which my hearing is getting affected. I went for a hearing checkup so that I can wear a hearing aid, but I was told by the audiologist that my ear needs to be dry before I use the hearing aid. Please guide me as to whether any otc homeopathic tablets are available without any side effects to stop my ear discharge with immediate effect. Or any ear drops also will do. Please guide me quickly so that my problem will be solved fast.
Hi sir, I am suffering from hearing loss, my left hear is totally damaged where I can not hear anything in my left ear. Is there any treatment which helps me to gain my hearing issue naturally without using any hearing aid. Please suggest me.
I am a 1st year mbbs student. I am having sensory hearing loss in my left ear since 30 days. I was misdiagnosed earlier so I got late in taking steroids. I have tried oral steroids and it didn't work. Now I am trying intratympanic steroidal injection. Please let me know that is there any other treatment for this sensory hearing loss. I will contact you and will come to you if there is any treatment. Help me. Please reply soon.
Hi, Few days back and even now my mom keeps saying that sometimes she couldn't hear from one ear. Please suggest me something for that problem.
My son is 5.3 years old. He has detected profound hearing loss. He had jaundice at his birth time. Which treatment should be good for him. Can he recover his hearing.
Your hearing is one of the most important functions your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reasons is age, as the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well. Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sounds that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chances of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to stop smoking if you are a smoker, and try to stop consuming second hand smoke if you are not a smoker.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton bud. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing. Patient should go to doctor to get it cleaned. Mobile phone use should be restricted.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation. Doctor can also prescribe some nerve vitamins to minimise damage to hearing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!