Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Submit a review for Dr.Nanda's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Good doctor with updated knowledge and good result with huge patient base making difficult to get new appointment; appointment is to be booked about 30-40 days in advance.
Sinusitis is an inflammatory condition which causes swelling of the tissue lining the sinus passages. The healthy sinisuses are filled with air, but when there is a blockage, they get filled with fluids which can give rise to germs and cause an infection. Conditions such as the common cold, allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining of the nose) and a deviated septum (shift of the nasal cavity) can cause sinusitis. People with nasal polyps and blocked drainage ducts are more prone to getting sinusitis as compared to other people. The main treatment for sinusitis is surgery.
Surgery is the most effective treatment for this condition as it makes the sinuses drain by getting rid of the blockage and draining out the mucus. Surgery also removes infected, swollen and damaged tissues in the sinus along with polyps present in the nose or the sinus. If any foreign substances are obstructing the nasal passage, they are removed as well. Surgery, sometimes, is the only way of getting rid of a nose which is badly blocked. In severe conditions, people might also require a second surgery. Surgery, when coupled with medication, is more effective in treating this condition as antibiotics might be required to prevent the sinus from getting re-infected.
There are two types of sinusitis surgeries people can avail:
- Endoscopic surgery: This surgery removes small bones and other foreign substances blocking the sinus passage or is used for removing polyps. A thin tool called the endoscope is inserted into the nose with the help of which, the doctor gets rid of substances which are blocking the sinus passage.
- Sinus surgery: This is carried out in conditions when there are developments like pus and infections in the facial bones or in case of a brain abscess (inflammation caused due to infection within the tissues of the brain). In this kind of surgery, the doctor uses the opening in the mouth or makes another one through the skin of the face to remove the blockage from the sinus and get rid of sinusitis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ent-specialist.
Constipation and the effectiveness of homeopathy in treating it
Constipation is defined as the condition in which the affected person has dry and hard stools with less than three bowel movements every week. In severe conditions, the bowel movements are reduced to one per week
It is one of the most common gastrointestinal problems that people face these days as a result of their unhealthy food habits and sedentary lifestyle. A number of other factors can cause constipation. Some of those are the lack of sufficient fluids and fibers in your diet, physical inactivity, laxative abuse or drinking less water/liquids.
Whatever the root cause of the problem may be, homeopathy is the best solution. Here are prominent reasons why homeopathic medications are the best option when it comes to treating constipation
1. No side effects: Homeopathy uses natural remedies for treating constipation, therefore, the medication is completely non-toxic and free from side effects of all kinds. You can completely rely on homeopathy for the treatment of your condition without being worried about the side effects at all. This virtue of homeopathic medication makes it best to use homeopathy for the treatment of constipation especially in the case of children, pregnant women, and elderly people.
2. Addressing the symptoms: Homeopathic treatment for constipation is based on your individual symptoms so the treatment varies from person to person. This makes homeopathic medications completely symptom based and therefore more effective.
For instance: A medicine called 'Alumina' is prescribed when a patient has to strain hard to be able to expel even soft stool (which is clay like and sticks to the rectum). However, 'Silicea' is recommended when stool recedes back in the rectum, being only partially expelled.
Permanent treatment: Homeopathy deals with the root of the problem and cures the causes and symptoms of constipation in such an effective manner that the treatment is permanent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Unwanted hair is a major issue for many young people. Shaving or waxing the hair is tedious process, and can also be painful at times. Due to its many benefits, laser hair removal has become very popular amongst youngsters. In many cases, after three to eight sessions, permanent hair loss is observed. Recent years have seen an increase in the number of laser hair removal procedures performed.
What is the theory behind laser hair removal?
Laser technology is based on highly concentrated rays. These rays are concentrated on a specific part of your skin from where you wish to remove the hair. The highly concentrated light is directed to particular hair follicles in order to remove them. Although, permanent results or results that last a lifetime are never guaranteed, cases have been observed wherein after a few sessions, complete hair loss is observed.
Many types of laser removal procedures are available, among these, Neodymium YAG, diode, alexandrite, and intense pulsed light sources are well known.
Why should you choose laser hair removal?
Unwanted hair on your face, underarms, legs, arms or any other area can be easily removed using this procedure. Laser hair removal procedures offer you with a healthy and smooth skin free of unwanted hair. The laser used for hair removal target dark and bristly hairs without damaging the surrounding areas. Known for its speed, laser hair procedure has the ability to treat small areas in approximately one minute and less. These small areas include the upper lip region.
How long does it take?
Laser removal method is performed by skilled doctors. The doctors need to decide how many days and sittings will it take to get the procedure done depending upon the growth of hair in that specific area and also how much area of your skin is to be covered. Once the procedure is done, one may need to get it done in few years again depending upon the regrowth of hair on his/her body.
Difficulties of laser hair removal procedure:
- Laser hair procedures can at times cause hyper pigmentation of skin or darkening of skin. It can also cause hypo pigmentation, which causes lightening of skin colour at certain regions.
- Some people experience itchiness after the procedure has been completed.
- It may leave scars or skin infections if not done by skilled or accomplished doctors.
Laser hair treatment is effective and comparatively more efficient on people who have light skin and dark hair. Generally, laser hair surgeries are done to remove unwanted hair on back, face, chest, neck, bikini area, shoulders, upper lip, chin etc. For successful results, one should get this procedure performed from a skilled doctor. If not done properly, it will leave marks/scars and damage your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon.
Being flexible is not always about doing splits or doing some random bending. It is about achieving a level of mobility that will not hold you back from doing whatever you are able to do. Most people think that stretching or flexing your muscles and body as the first method to defend you from pain. But if stretching and flexing can be done correctly, it can lengthen one's muscles and give one relief from pains and aches. Stretching is also done to increase the functional range of one's joints and muscles. There are various ways by which one can stretch their muscles. However, the question which looms over here is which is the correct procedure and which is the wrong one.
The Wrong Vs the Right Way: Before discussing about the correct way, let us talk about the various wrong ways in which stretching can be done. The first rule is that if stretching is causing you pain or if it is hurting you, then you are probably taking it too far. A muscle needs to relax as much as possible, if it needs to stretch. If one is stretching so hard that he or she cannot relax then the muscle will not lengthen. Stretching should never be painful.
One should also avoid stretching for an insufficient length of time. Only a few seconds of stretching will not hold the therapeutic effects of stretching.
The following methods are few of the correct ways to stretch:
- Always start with the warm muscles. Warm your muscles by doing some aerobic movement or by applying heat with the help of a warm bath.
- After warming your muscles, monitor your level of discomfort. Let it go once you feel pain.
- Hold any stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Stretching the Correct Muscle: There are muscles, which need to be stretched and there are muscles, which should not be. So getting to know the correct muscles to be stretched is as important as knowing the correct procedure to stretch your muscles. Every muscle, which does not hurt should not be stretched. There are different types of muscles that cause pain like stiff, tight, short muscles and long muscles. Muscles that are tight should only be subjected to stretching. Stretching muscles that are too long is not a good idea.
Using Physiotherapists: Most people who cannot determine which muscle should be stretched and which should not be should consult a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists can quickly and easily diagnose muscular issues. They will also show ways to stretch which are most effective for particular needs.
Stretching should be made a part of one's life. It is a way by which one can become their healthiest self and avoid muscular imbalances.
One of the most frequent and stubborn skin complaint is that of acnes. Acnes not only blemish the smoothness of the skin, but also cause unnecessary irritation. Certain kinds of acnes are also known to be painful. It's a fairly common phenomenon among teenagers and in some cases, they prevail even in the subsequent years. Acnes have been the cause of anxiety of a large number of people. While the markets are deluged in products that claim to cure acnes, a lot of them don't deliver on their claims. Consequently, a large number of people have resorted to natural therapies for acnes. Among the other remedies, homeopathy is one of the most warranted avenue for acnes. Homeopathy has emerged as a popular antidote to acnes because not only are they largely effective but also they usually have no side-effects on the skin or the body whatsoever.
- Pulsatilla: Acne has a more rampant incidence in girls in comparison to boys. One of the reasons behind this is menstrual irregularities. In such cases, pulsatilla works wonders. They also reduce the acnes, which are triggered by the intake of oily food.
- Hepar Sulphur: Certain abscesses are more painful than the others. While the basic cause of their occurrence remains the same as the less painful ones, excessive perspiration is one of the salient factors in this case. Hepar Sulphur aids in abating the irritations caused by painful eruptions.
- Silicea: Certain skin types are more delicate than the others. In such cases, acne formation is always accompanied with suppuration. In order to tackle the pus formation, homeopathy recommends Silicea. Silicea is effective in cases where the patient is susceptible to cold temperature.
- Natrum Mur: Certain acnes occur due to surplus secretion of oils. Immediate health consequences are weakness and anemia. The face consistently feels greasy in such cases. Natrum Mur has been assumed to have remedial impacts on such acnes.
- Nux Vomica: Sometimes acnes occur due to gastric agitations. Spicy food and caffeine work as stimulants for such digestion disorders. Accordingly, Nux Vomica helps to cure acnes to a large extent.
Grapes health benefits
It may surprise you to hear that the humble grape is actually considered to be a berry.
The average serving size for grapes is about one cup, or 32 grapes. As a useful measure, you can use the size of your fist to estimate the proper portion size for grapes.
Grapes are high in water content and good for hydration. Grapes are high in antioxidants
Cancer: grapes contain powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols, the resveratrol found in red wine famous for heart health is a type of polyphenol found in the skins of red grapes.
Heart disease: the flavonoid quercetin is a natural anti-inflammatory that appears to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and protect against the damage caused by low-density lipoprotein (ldl) cholesterol in animal studies.
The high polyphenol content in grapes may also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (cvd) by preventing platelet build-up and reducing blood pressure via anti-inflammatory mechanisms.
High blood pressure
Because of their high potassium content, grapes are recommended to those with high blood pressure to help negate the effects of sodium in the body.
Constipation the high water and fibre content of grapes helps in constipation.
I have a problem with my penis. If its erected I can't able to pull out of my penis from skin. I have pain while doing so. Please help me with that.
My face is very oily and have many pimples and dark spots. What can I do to reduce pimples and become white & soft?
Hi I am female 28 years. I have lot facial hairs and because of continuously removing them by threading waxing n plucking my chin has blackened. I also had gone through IPL laser treatment. Please suggest me some ways to remove this blackness. My face complexion is quite clear just because of this blackness my face looks weird.
I am taking prothiaden 75 mg and lonazep 1 mg both in night for GAD. I am taking this from last 2 and half months how long it will take to taper off the medications. I am now fine with no panic attacks or any anxiety. Which one will my doctor taper 1st, I am very curious about this. I have heard that lonazep is quite addictive that's why I am fearing a little bit. Please suggest me something to minimize withdrawal effects.
I lost somebody last year so I depressed too much and my mind is not using properly please suggest me.
I had motions 4 to 5 times yesterday when I had chicken how should prevent this condition please suggest me.
It's 25 days after inter course, is it right time to do pregnancy test? If not, after how many days from inter course I can check it.
After taken D protein powder at morning. Automatically over sweating head pain. What shall I do should I consume small amount.
Help to stop skin lite by liva. Also refer a good skin lighten product that can be used for long term. Pls help.
I'm getting electric shock whenever I touches anything in home. From last one month I'm getting this. It's truly afraiding and in getting ten to fifteen times shock in a day.
A bladder is an organ that stores urine in the body. A prolapsed bladder occurs when the tissue present between the vagina and the bladder is stretched, resulting in a bulge in the bladder. This can result in complications such as leakage of urine and difficulty in passing the same. Based on the severity of the damage, it is classified into four categories -
- Mild: A small area of the bladder bulges in the vagina
- Moderate: The bladder bulges near the vaginal opening
- Severe: Protrusion of the bladder occurs through the vaginal opening
- Complete: The entire area of the bladder protrudes completely from the body via the opening of the vagina
The symptoms of a prolapsed bladder are:
- Feeling of intense pressure around the pelvic area
- Infections related to the bladder
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Tissues bulging out through the vaginal opening
- Pain in the lower back region
Prolapsed bladder is caused by:
- Childbirth: It can cause ligaments and pelvic muscles to weaken thus increasing their vulnerability to a prolapsed bladder
- The chances of this disorder increases when one is overweight
- Lifting heavy things
- Strain caused by bowel movements
- In some cases, it may result from a chronic cough
- Menopause, as it limits production of estrogen which helps in maintaining healthy tissues in the vagina
It is advised to check with a medical professional if you experience these symptoms, as a prolapsed bladder can worsen with time if left untreated.
What is insulin therapy?
Insulin is a hormone that is responsible for keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control. It is the primary therapy used for the treatment of any type of diabetes. The dependence on insulin depends on the balance between the actual production of insulin in the body and the resistance of the body cells to the insulin produced. People, who suffer from diabetes type 1, need insulin injections lifelong. The requirement for insulin therapy in people suffering from type 2 diabetes solely depends upon the declining function of the beta-cells over time.
What are the types of insulin available in the market?
The various types of insulin available in the market are:
- Rapid acting insulin: The onset of action in this type of insulin is rapid and it lasts for a short duration, about two hours.
- Short acting or regular insulin: The onset of action is moderate, and it starts acting within half an hour, and the duration of action ranges from 3 to 6 hours.
- Intermediate acting insulin: It takes about 2 to 4 hours for the onset of action of this type of insulin and the effect can remain for about 18 hours.
- Long acting insulin: The duration of action of this type of insulin can last up to about an entire day.
How is it taken?
Insulin injections can be self-injected using a syringe, a needle, a cartridge system, or a pre-filled pen system. Devices for inhaling insulin, quick-acting insulin and insulin pumps are also available at medical stores and pharmacies. Insulin is injected subcutaneously, into your muscles. Try to ensure that you inject around the same area every time, but choose a different spot to ensure less scarring. The best areas to inject insulin are thighs, buttocks, arms and belly. If you take regular insulin, it is advised to take it half an hour before a meal.
What are the possible side effects?
- Low blood sugar level
- Scars and lumps from extensive usage of insulin injection
- Rashes can be found in the area the insulin is injected or sometimes, all over the body
- Weight gain when you start using insulin initially
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.