Treatment of Neurological Problems
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Siddha Marma Treatment
Beauty Enhancement Procedures
Yoga During Pregnancy
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Tantra Yoga Treatment
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Yoni Prakshalanam Treatment
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Submit a review for Dr.Krishna Neuropsychiatry & Deaddiction Centre,NallagandlaYour feedback matters!
Hi, sometime I have a fair complexion and sometime its too dull. I used dipsalic n melacare creme but I heard its very harmful for skin so I just need to stop please suggest me any good creme for getting fair complexion and not side effect all the time.
Is normal skin can use betnovate c for dark complexion. Is it good r bad. I am using this from one month I didn't get any side effects. But it lightened my skin tone. Shall I continue this or it is harmful to skin.
Causes For Skin Damage:
1. Lack of hydration
3. Sun damage
4. Lack of exercise
5. Bad eating habits
Feed your skin the right food and it will respond with that lovely look you want :)
How to get healthy skin:
1. Minimal makeup: Ladies, can you please minimize makeup usage? It is really not necessary to always use a blush, concealer, foundation, mousse or whatever it is. It may add a fine coating to your skin making it glowing skin, but what about your real skin? Is it really glowing? No matter how expensive the brand is, it damages your skin to a large extent. We are not asking you to throw them off your shelf; keep those away for special days. The rest of the days, tone and moisturize your skin, use sunscreen. Let your skin breathe.
2. Face cleansing: This has been told by all beauty experts umpteen times when asked how to maintain healthy skin. Even if you are too tired after a long party, cleanse all dirt and makeup from your skin. Your face needs to be cleared of all the chemicals in makeup. The makeup acts as a tight mask on your face keeping your facial pores clogged. If you go to bed with all these makeup on, you’ll wake up the next morning with a huge embarrassing pimple.
3. Slather on sunscreen: Sunscreen is a must for your skin. The rays of the sun are harmful beyond thoughts. Skin cancer, premature aging, skin rashes all of these are caused when your skin gets too much exposure to the sun without any protection.
4. Exfoliating face: All the healthy skin tips for women say that you should exfoliate your face at least twice a week. Scrubbing your face will rid your facial skin of all the dead cells that might have clogged your pored leading to acne breakouts, blackheads and whiteheads. Scrubbing your face will also improve your complexion, adds a glow to your skin and also clears your skin of all toxins. Don’t keep your skin scrubbing daily, it will make your skin look even drier.
5. Moisturize: Yes, other than keeping yourself internally hydrated, also use a good moisturizer to feed your skin. Moisturizers do not add a great deal of moisture by themselves but they lock in the present moisture and are hence essential to keep your skin hydrated. After a bath, make it a routine to moisturize your face daily to keep it hydrated.
6. Water: Water forms the major portion of our body. It is recommended to drink 10 - 15 glasses of water everyday to keep you healthy and free from aliments. Drink enough water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated. Do not allow your skin to feel thirsty. For a soft, supple and dewy look, water is a must. Follow this diet regime for a healthy skin and cut down on all fried and unhealthy fatty foods. Following are the benefits of water therapy : a) permanent glow b) removes toxic material and c) keeps your skin and body hydrated.
7. Eat proper food to get healthy skin: Food provides life to your skin. Everything you eat in your everyday life contributes to a healthy skin. Only that you have to cut out on some and add some more:
a. Vitamin C rich foods: Have fruits and veggies rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C manufactures collagen that is responsible for the firmness of your skin. So you quite well understand that lack of vitamin C in your diet will lead to the formation of wrinkles at an early age. Vitamin C is also an anti-oxidant that prevents collagen damage. High vitamin C foods include bell peppers, dark leafy greens, kiwifruit, broccoli, berries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, peas, and papayas.
b. Vitamin A: Who doesn’t want a smooth complexion? We all do, but for that we don’t need to spend thousands of bucks when we have the solution in our refrigerator. All red, orange and green leafy veggies are rich sources of beta-carotene (a form of Vitamin A). It is necessary for cell formation and therefore your skin surface stays smooth and touchable. Carotenoids also protect skin from sun. Turnips, sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, squash all of these are rich sources of Vit A.
c. Healthy fats: Nuts are fatty and are not good for health; that is a misconception. Of course nuts are fatty, but they are filled with healthy omega-3 fatty acids. This falls under that healthy category of fats that is essential for us. Have a handful of almonds and walnuts daily for a supple looking clear skin. Flax seeds are another good option to consume omega-3 fats. If you are a non-vegetarian, have salmon atleast twice a week. This fish is also rich in omega-3 fats.The oil you cook your food in should also be taken care of. Switch over to olive oil which is a rich source of mono-unsaturated fats.
d. Tomatoes: Tomatoes doesn’t need a very special mention when it comes to healthy facial skin. They contain a magical ingredient called lypocene which is an anti-oxidant that helps fight old age. It can keep your skin at bay from all old age signs like wrinkles, dark spots and patches or saggy skin.
e. Zinc and iron: Eggs, lean meat, oysters and cereals supply a good mount of zinc and iron to your body that imparts that much wanted celeb like glow. Zinc helps in cell production and natural weariness of dead cells giving your face a fresh look. Iron is needed to carry oxygen through the body that gives a blushy glow to your face.
f. Fibers: If you are the one suffering from acne often, its time you think of including fiber-rich foods in your diet. One of the reasons for acne breakouts is indigestion. And the best solution discovered so far to improve your digestive system is having foods rich in fiber. Having whole-grain breads, brown rice, apples, bananas, oatmeal are proved solution to minimize acne.
My skin has become dark on d laps close to private parts & under both d breasts.& Little itching also under breasts & not anywhere else. I am hypothyroid patient taken medication.& all is in in normal condition. Is it due to excessive heat or due to any deficiency. please recommend feasible solution. Thank u.
I want to keep my body shape gud but I don't want to eat supplements tell me how can i grow my body.
Dear Dr. My age 32 and I have a thyroid problems from last some years and this month I checked thyroid test. Free T3 :- 3.58, T4:- 1.40, TSH :- 0.080 and last month thyroid test (this test is before period) free T3:- 1.79, T4:- 0.65, TSH :- 13.348 already already underweight like 40 kg and currently my weight is continuously loss like my today's weight is 39 kg. I am afraid all this things happens with me. My diet is okay. For menstrual problems I eat Dr. prescribe me tablets for 5 days. I have so many problems like body heck, joint pains, skin diseases, too much hair loss fever n cold. Also my sonography report comes :- the endometrial thickness is increased 12.1 mm Both ovaries are bulky in nature. Multiple follicles are arranged in the periphery of the ovary with echogenic stroma is seen in the centre. Finding suggestive of polycystic ovarian diseases. Dr. Gave me throxin 50 mg tablet am empty stomach. I eat regular but my above problem yet not solve even my weight is continuously loss. Before 3 months my weight is 46 kg and today 39. Kindly suggest me am so afraid.
I'm a single student. My weight below 50 so I am not qualify to defence jobs please tell how to growth my weight.
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: The process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: The nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: Since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: Constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: The presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: Smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: Skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit.
There are many people worldwide who suffer from heart problems (irrespective of their age and sex). While in most cases, the condition improves with proper treatment and medications, in few, the condition is beyond treatment. A heart transplant comes as a savior for such people. It gives them a new lease of life. The transplant involves replacing a heart that has stopped functioning normally (damaged or may be diseased) with a healthy heart (from the donor).
Over the years, heart transplant has undergone a sea of change. With the advancement of science and technology, the success rate in a heart transplant has seen an exponential rise.
People who need a heart transplant:
A heart transplant may be essential in the following cases.
- A congenital heart disorder (a person born with a heart problem).
- Defective or diseased heart valves.
- Amyloidosis (a condition where amyloid fibrils get deposed in the tissues and organs of the body intracellularly or extracellularly).
- Problems in the coronary artery.
- Cardiomyopathy (A condition where the muscles of the heart become weak, thereby affecting the normal functioning of the heart).
- A heart transplant that failed previously.
- Ventricular Arrhythmias (a condition that originates in the ventricles, in ventricular arrhythmias, the heart rhythms are abnormally rapid).
However, under the following circumstances, a heart transplant may not be a wise idea
- People with infections or chronic lung or kidney disorders.
- A case of cancer in the past.
- Age may be a deciding factor.The recovery from a heart transplant may not be 100% in an aged person.
The heart transplant procedure:
The first step in heart transplant is the availability of a suitable donor. In this case, a donor is a person whose brain is dead but the other organs, including the heart, is healthy and functioning properly. A surgeon performs three operations in a heart transplant.
- The first operation is essentially the removal of the healthy heart from the donor body. The heart is kept in a cool place, preferably ice (to keep the heart alive and in good condition until the heart transplant takes place).
- In the second operation, the recipient's damaged or diseased heart is operated out.The situation may, however, be complicated if the patient had a heart surgery in the past.
- The third and the final surgery involves implanting the donor heart into the recipient body (the recipient's upper heart chambers and the atrial back wall are however not removed).
- Once the implantation takes place (without any complications), the surgeons sew the heart into place.
- The blood vessels are then connected back to the heart and the lungs. The heart starts beating again once it is warmed up.
- To enable the patient to receive the nutrients and oxygen (during the heart transplant), the patient is put on a heart-lung machine.
- If no complications develop after the transplant, the patient is discharged within a fortnight.
In some unfortunate cases, there may be organ rejection. The condition arises when the recipient's immune cells see the transplanted heart as non-self (foreign agents). If left unattended, it may damage the heart. Immunosuppressant drugs can help avert the rejection. However, it is important to monitor the patient closely for any infections that may arise to the administration of the immunosuppressants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.