Doctor in Dr.C R. Ram Reddy Hospital And Health Care
Submit a review for Dr.C R. Ram Reddy Hospital And Health CareYour feedback matters!
I want to loose weight I am regularly gaining weight day by day my family has sugar heredity disease I like sweets a lot and eat almost daily.
I want to loose weight. I was doing working since 4 years. From last 4 month I was not doing any workout and my weight is gain 72 to 79.8. Please suggest for work out plan ans diet plan with advance training.
I am gyming from last 40 days with strict diet still lost only 4 kgs can you suggest what is lacking.
I am 19 years young boy.in 2 years my weight is increase but I want lose my weight. I do many thing but no changes please give me best suggestion.
I am 32 years old my weight 89 kg I want lost of my weight doctor suggested to zero fat tablets. What should i do?
I am 22 years female. I have obesity. I am going to gym for the past 15 days to reduce weight. But I didn't see any changes. How can I reduce weight healthy. Can you pls suggest me a effective diet?
I stoped eating rice and other tiffins but I taking coconut oil, butter vegetables curry lemon water, nuts and non veg when ever hungry is it correct diet for weight loss. Is it damage any part of my body.
I am 21 and do regular exercise and dont eat junk food only 4 chapati whole day eat chicken 2-3 times in month avoid cold drinks even some time skip my lunch I want lose 10 kg please recommend some thing that pave my way.
For losing weight is drinking warm water with honey and lemon juice good for health? Can I and my wife drink about 4- 5 lemons juice each day for 3 weeks without any health issues?
Obesity can shorten your lifespan by decades and also limit and reduce the quality of your life. Obesity cannot always be controlled by dieting and exercise and thus more complicated means such as bariatric surgery has to be employed.
Types of bariatric surgery
Most bariatric surgeries either limit your ability to consume food and thus make you feel fuller quickly or limit the absorption of nutrients from the food you eat. Certain surgeries use a combination of the two in varying degrees. Mentioned below are the most commonly employed forms of bariatric surgery –
- Gastric Balloon – This is a form of surgery wherein a specially made balloon is inserted into the stomach. In certain cases even two balloons are inserted into the stomach to reduce the room left for food. This causes you to have less food resulting in weight loss over a period of time.
- Gastric Sleeve – This is a form of surgery wherein a major portion of the stomach is removed through the procedure. Also known as Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, the surgeon creates a pouch within the stomach which essentially becomes a connecting tube between the esophagus and the large intestine. The reduced stomach size causes fewer hunger related enzymes and hormones to be secreted, causing less hunger and also reducing your food intake capability. This results in weight loss over a period of time.
- Gastric Bypass – Gastric bypass uses the combination of two techniques, lesser absorption of minerals as well as reduced intake capacity. In this method, a part of the stomach is rearranged akin to the gastric sleeve. However the leftover portion of the stomach is not removed as it can continue to secrete stomach acids. Because of the reduced size of the stomach, you would eat less and if you happen to over eat, it would cause dumping syndrome (quick and repeated bowel evacuation) which would deter you from eating more.
- Lap band surgery – This is one form of surgery where the stomach is not reduced or cut but rather limited by a band that is put around it. This band constricts the stomach and causes the upper part to become smaller. Hence you would feel fuller from eating less, thus resulting in weight loss.
- V-bloc therapy – This is a very modern approach to bariatric procedures which works in a very similar way to a pacemaker. A device is placed just under your skin and two leads or wires are connected to the vagal nerve. This nerve is responsible for sending the hunger signals to the brain from the stomach. This device acts as a block to the nerve signals and thus ensures you eat less.
- Duodenal switch – This surgery is also known as a Biliopancreatic Diversion wherein the surgeons cut out the part of the stomach similar to a gastric sleeve surgery but also make adjustments to the pancreatic chain and the small intestine to reduce the absorption of minerals.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!