Doctor in Dharane Homeo Store & Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dharane Homeo Store & ClinicYour feedback matters!
Low or reduced libido has been a point of concern for many years and if left neglected it can negatively impact your love life. Read on to know how you can boost your libido with these ornamental tips.
- Have a positive mental attitude and keep your stress level low: If you feel good and self confident you may feel more sexual and attractive to your partner.
- Consider, but do not overly rely on supplements that claim to increase your libido.Take a bite out of a forbidden fruit: Figs, bananas and avocados, for example, are considered libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. And they are provide certain vitamins smooths the blood flow..
- Be a poser: Yoga does more than just get you limber, it may boost your libido, too. Yoga may also improve your orgasms by increasing blood flow down there.
- Indulge in all things chocolate: Throughout history, chocolate has been a symbol of desire. Not just because of its delicious taste, but because of its power to improve sexual pleasure.
- Find out which scenarios spark magic for you and your partner: You do not need to recreate every detail from those scenes. With a little imagination, improvisational role-playing, you can incorporate one or two key elements from the scene, such as a costume or a prop - and create a scenario that is likely to liven the mood.
- Take your daily herbs: Ginkgo biloba, an extract derived from the leaf of the Chinese ginkgo tree, is another herb found to treat antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.
- Seek the help of a sex therapist, if necessary: If you are experiencing sexual problems that prevent you from desiring, initiating, or enjoying sex, consider whether these issues may be psychological in origin.
- Be patient: If you have a partner who is being treated for lost interest in and enjoyment in sex, or for issues relating to sexual performance, be patient and realize that treatment can take several months or more to be effective.
- Take a whiff: Whiffing can also work for you. But the scent of your man postworkout might do just that. Sniffing his sweat can increase your level of the stress hormone cortisol, which may boost arousal.
Chlamydia is a type of STI. STIs are sexually transmitted infections or diseases. It is extremely common due to the ease with which it spreads. Also, the fact that there are often no symptoms associated with chlamydia makes it even harder to diagnose and deal with. As many as 75% of infections in women and 50% of infections in men have no symptoms associated with the chlamydia whatsoever. However, there may be a few observable symptoms such as:
Symptoms in men
1. There is a little discharge from the penis which tends to be clear or cloudy
2. Urination becomes painful
3. The opening of the penis begins to burn and itch
4. Your testicles begin to swell and pain
Symptoms in women
1. Similar to men, women have a discharge from the vagina which has a bad odor
2. Between periods, bleeding may occur
3. Periods become painful
4. Fever and abnormal pain
5. Sex becomes painful
6. Similar to men, urinating becomes painful
7. Around the vagina, there is an itching or burning sensation
There are several steps taken for the treatment of chlamydia. The steps are as follows:
1. Antibiotic prescription
The first step is the prescription of antibiotics to the person with the infection. These antibiotics tend to be oral in nature. Usually, azithromycin or doxycycline is prescribed.
2. Checking and treating the partner of the patient
Once the doctor has diagnosed chlamydia, he will immediately check your partner to make sure that he or she is not infected and if he or she is then the doctor will treat your partner as well.
3. Treatment for severe infections
This infection mostly occurs in women. The treatments given to women with severe infections include intravenous antibiotics, pain medicine and hospitalization.
4. Follow up visits
These are usually scheduled three months later to make sure that there is no re-infection or further complication related to sexual infections.
Torn cartilages are quite a common form of injury occurring in the human body. While one can’t always be too cautious of injuries, one can still try to be conscious of their muscles and do not move about in an abrupt manner to cause injury to themselves. Further, even though torn cartilages are very common, they are quite painful and most often they occur in the knee. Here are some tips to ensure that your torn cartilage heals well and you are exposed to less pain during the healing period:
Rest: You must take rest. While it is advised to take bed rest, humanly it is impossible to spend all day in bed. Thus one can move about a little but avoid walking and straining their legs and knee too much. At times crutches can be taken while taking a few steps in the room.
Ice Therapy: Putting ice bags in the affected area helps in relaxing the muscles and reducing the pain quite a lot. Though previously people adhered to putting hot water bags, the scenario is slowly changing to ice therapy.
Compress: When you are suffering from a torn cartilage, the doctor often puts a bandage on the knee to compress the area. This is done so that the muscles are brought together and they can heal on their own with time and rest.
Elevate the Knee: Often it is seen that during such cases, the knee or the hands are rested in an elevated platform. This platform is created with the help of a pillow mostly. This lets the cartilage get time to rest and heal on its own.
Avoid Strenuous Activities: This includes jumping, running, jogging, kicking etc, when it comes to the legs and writing, lifting weight etc. when it comes to the hands. These activities require a lot of strength and power and most of all the use of the cartilages. Since the cartilages are torn and in their healing mode, it is best to avoid such activities for a certain amount of time to not put pressure on the cartilages and damage them further.
Painkillers: It has been already mentioned that the healing period can be painful. Thus, the doctor may prescribe some painkillers to ease the pain during this time.
Thus, these are some of the easiest ways to deal with a torn cartilage. The recovery period may be painful, but it happens to many people and is completely healable in nature.
Fungal skin diseases are brought about by various sorts of fungi and are the main reasons behind an irritated skin. Fungi attack and develop in dead keratin, a protein that makes up your skin, hair and nails. The various sorts of fungal diseases are caused by various groups of fungi. Some common fungal skin infections include ringworm, intertrigo, nail infections, Athlete’s foot, etc.
The likelihood of fungal infections increase in the following cases:
- If you are overweight
- Not drying your skin completely after a shower or wash
- Walking barefoot in shower and wet locations
- In case of a pregnancy
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you suffer from diabetes
- If you come into contact with a person or animal with fungal infections.
- Due to a recent course of antibiotics
Fungal rashes can at times be mistaken for other skin conditions, for example, psoriasis and eczema. Fungal skin diseases can bring about a number of skin rashes; some of them being red, textured and itchy. The organism can influence only one region, or a few zones of your body. In the event that you get a fungal disease of your scalp, you might lose some hair. There are steps which can be performed in order to protect yourself from getting a parasitic skin contamination:
- Dry your skin properly after a shower
- Try not to share hairbrushes, towels or combs since they might be carrying fungi
- In case a family member has been infected with scalp ringworm, hats, pillows, combs or scissors should be soaked using water and bleach
- Allow your shoes sufficient time to dry out by alternating them every two or three days
- In order to keep moisture away from the skin, wear loose clothes that are made of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Socks, bed linen and clothes should be washed regularly to prevent the growth of any fungi
- In communal and wet areas like saunas, swimming pools, showers, etc., wear clean plastic shoes or flip-flops.
- If you have diabetes, try to keep your blood sugar under control
Gout: a brief idea: In the simplest of words gout can be defined as the inflammation of joints due to continuous accretion of urate crystals. An excess of uric acid can make a person suffer from gout. There could be a higher percentage of uric acid in a person's blood due to two chief reasons; an inept excretory system that fails to rid your body of surplus acid and also greater production of the acid. Arthritis is of three kinds; gout is one of those three. Homeopathy is known for its efficacy in treating gout.
Homeopathic remedies for gout:
- Urtica urens can cure gout: This homeopathic medicine is prescribed by a professional practitioner if the person is susceptible to cold. Urtica urens can work on a patient if he or she is allergic to snow, air, touch and water. Hive like eruptions on your ankles, wrists, and shoulders can be treated through regular consumption of this medication.
- Ledum can relieve you of pain: A painful, swollen area that develops on the small joints such as the joints of your toe fingers can be cured with the use of Ledum. The sensation of shooting pain in your limbs or feet can also be dealt with Ledum. Apart from that swollen small joints can be given momentary respite by falling back upon the cold compression therapy. Patients are advised to take this medicine if they exhibit intolerance to external warmth.
- Lycopodium is effective on sore joints: Chalky deposits of urate can be found in a person's knees. This results in chronic gout. Chronic gout has symptoms like limited urination. The urine may or may not have red sediments. People have also been reported with symptoms like extreme backache. Lycopodium successfully cures cases of unceasing gout.
- Try out benzoic acid for a big toe: If your gout is accompanied by stinking yellow urine you probably need Benzoic acid. Gout could be so severe that it might result in a stiff limb. In certain cases it makes a person limp. The thumb of your feet might get swollen making you have a big toe. A big toe usually kills you with tearing pain.
- Arnica deals with bruises: Arnica is your go to solution in case of a throbbing, stinging pain in any part of the body. This medication is a cherished answer to aches in every household. When gout is tender and it hinders free movement, this medicine comes to your aid. The medicine also heals bruised eruptions.
Anorectal diseases, affect the rectum or the muscles surrounding the analregion. Some of these conditions can be difficult to live with, as the symptoms interfere with everyday life. Here is a look at two of the most common anorectal diseases, their symptoms, and their treatment.
Anal fistula is an unnatural tunnel formation between the anus and a portion of the surrounding skin. It is usually caused due to an infection or blockage in the anal cavity. Here are some common symptoms associated with anal fistulas-
- Sharp pain originating near the fistula
- Redness of the skin around the affected region
- Anal swelling
- Pain during bowel movements
If you have anal fistula, you need to seek immediate treatment. Here are some forms of treatment used to manage the condition-
- No medication is able to treat the condition and surgery is the only available option.
- If the fistula is not too close to the anus, doctors will simply cut open the tunnel formed inside and let the body heal on its own.
- A plug may be inserted to close off the tunnel
- In some cases, a tube like instrument is inserted into the fistula tunnel to drain out the waste material prior to the surgical procedure.
A small tear or cut in the lining of the anus is known as an anal fissure. Often, such a tear causes discomfort and bleeding during bowel movement. Its symptoms include-
- A tear near the anus, which is visible to the naked eye
- Sharp pain during bowel movement
- Burning or itching sensation in the anal region
- Bright red stools.
Here is a look at the treatment options open to you, if you suffer from anal fissure-
- Laxatives and stool softeners
- Changing the diet to include more fibrous foods
- Submerge your anus and affected region in warm water. This is known as a sitz bath.
- Nitroglycerin ointment is applied to the tear to increase blood flow to the area.
Consult a surgeon immediately if you notice signs of either of these disorders near your anal region. The doctor will advise you regarding the treatment.
Herpes is known as Visarpa in Ayurveda. It is an infectious disease caused by Nita group (Herpes group) of viruses. It is an extreme form of the viral disease, which, if left untreated, can lead to the death of a person.
Types of Herpesviruses
Mode of transmission
Herpes spreads through the following routes:
- Via blood (raktha)
- Via skin (twacha)
- Through muscles (snayu)
- Through vaccination (lasika)
According to ayurveda, these viruses can enter the body by following modes:
- Suppression of natural urges (emotions and physical symptoms)
- Due to wounds fractures
- Crush injuries
- Cutting of immature part
All these factors speedily give rise to a sort of swelling and inflammation. This swelling can extend all over the body.
- Vatika Visarpa Fever, inflammation, twitching, pins and needles, tearing pain, giddiness, pricking pain, malaise, cramps, tremors, fever, bone and joint pain and their dislocation, shivering, anorexia, and indigestion
- Paittika Visarpa Fever, malaise, red pustules, which are rapidly spreading and suppurating
- Kaphaja VisarpaNumbness, stiffness, heaviness, pain in the body, pustules with exudates, deep-seated ulcers over the pustules with a surrounded capillary network and covered with many skin scabs.
- Sannipatika Visarpa
- Granthi vispara
Glandular involvement along with all the symptoms of herpes
- Agni Visarpa: Fever, vomiting, diarrhea, thirst, dizziness, splitting pain in regional glands, anorexia, pain all over the body, loss of consciousness, sleeplessness, dyspnoea, hiccough, mental confusion, and finally death
- Kardama Visarpa: Red, yellow and pale yellow color eruptions with dull pain, edema, deep-seated suppuration, and eruptions that are free from exudations
Scope of Ayurveda
It is based on dosha dominance. Herpes from a single dosha involvement is curable. Involvement of double doshas can be alleviated by the habitual use of general therapeutic measures and involvement of triple doshas is incurable because it pervades all the tissue elements.
Management in ayurveda It includes:
- Langhana therapy for improving immunity and to fight against the virus
- Herbs are used due to their antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antitumor activity, such as Musta, Bala, Guduchi, Yashti, Chandana, Usheera
- Tikta dravya which pacifies the vitiation of rakta and pitta, which are the main causative factor for herpes
- An induction of controlled vomiting for infection arising due to pitta dosha
- Compounds with a bitter taste (tikta rasa pradana) administration to increase the flow of gastric juice and for the virus destruction
- Administration of herbs (Sneha pana) for purgation
- Rakta mokshana should be administered if the route of transmission is blood
- Kasisadi ghruta for external application
The shoulder is one of those joints in your body that enjoys the maximum wear and tear by virtue of being an extremely mobile joint and one of the most over-worked as well. This increases the risk of dislocation and instability. Arthritis is one of the most common causes of pain, as per various medical reports and is usually found to affect the tendons, ligaments, and even the muscles and joints of the body due to excessive wear and tear. There are various kinds of shoulder arthritis and treatments that are available. Read on to find out more.
Rheumatoid Arthritis: This autoimmune condition creates stiffness in the shoulders along with rheumatoid nodules or small bumps under the skin of this region. It may affect both shoulders at the same time. Swelling or inflammation of the joints is a common occurrence in this condition along with fever, fatigue and weight loss.
Osteoarthritis: This form of arthritis basically has to do with wear and tear of the connective tissue and bones. The symptoms are pretty severe and can go from tenderness to pain and stiffness with an increased risk of bone fractures.
Post Traumatic Arthritis: PA or post traumatic arthritis occurs due to an injury in the shoulder and can cause instability as well as dislocation of the shoulder. A sports injury is the most common cause of this kind of arthritis. Pain and inflammation are the most common outcomes of this kind of injury and arthritis.
Avascular Necrosis: When the tissues of the shoulder joints go through damage, it leads to this form of arthritis. Joint dislocations and fractures are the most common causes of this kind of damage. This usually happens because blood flow does not happen over the long arm bone to reach the shoulders due to the damage rendered to the tissue. Excessive alcohol consumption and high steroid intake can also lead to this damage.
Rotator Cuff Tear Arthropathy: This kind of arthritis is caused due to a rip in the shoulder cuffs.
The most common forms of treatment include surgery like joint replacement surgery (replacing the damaged parts of the shoulder with an artificial prosthetic joint), Arthroscopy (cleaning out of the joint with minor incisions), and resection arthroplasty (removing the bone from one’s collarbone). Also, corticosteroid injections can be given and anti-inflammation drugs like ibuprofen can be prescribed for this condition. Exercises and physical therapy will also be helpful in such cases so as to strengthen the shoulder and joints.
It is important to also make lifestyle changes to give rest to the shoulder and abstain from too much alcohol consumption.
The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body. It goes from the lower back all the way down to the base of the leg. When there is a disorder associated with the sciatic nerve, it is known as sciatica. Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises.
1. Reclining pigeon pose
There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and forward. It is recommended that if you are just starting your treatment for sciatica that you use the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then you are supposed to hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
2. Knee to opposite shoulder
In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this exercise three times and then repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it will go.
3. Sitting spinal stretch
At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and then put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax before repeating with the other knee.
4. Standing hamstring stretch
Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.
Sexual desires of a female vary in accordance with age and life circumstances. High sexual desires and low sexual interest can vary from one individual to another, and some of the factors that could contribute to this variation can be ending relationships, major changes in life such as menopause, pregnancy or any chronic health illness. Those females who tend to suffer from mood disorders also experience low sexual drives.
Let us look at some very interesting facts about the low sexual interest in females that occurs due to female fragility:
- Those females who experience a loss of interest in sexual activities might be suffering from stress, and this mental health condition is referred to as hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
- The characteristic symptoms of low sexual interest in females can be related to the loss of interest in any sexual activity such as doing masturbation. Another symptom can be very fewer fantasies related to the intimacy and no intimate thoughts at all. One of the major symptoms that must be observed is whether the person is experiencing any kind of personal distress due to this condition or not.
- There can be various causes for low libido, but one of the major categories of the causes is hormonal change or variation in the hormonal balance in the female body. There are two critical life situations in females where this hormonal variation is very prominent - pregnancy and breastfeeding, where the changes occur in the body and the pressure of caring for the baby can lead to changes in sexual interest.
- Another reason could be menopause where there is a significant decrease in the estrogen levels of females and they lose interest in sex due to the painful sensations while having sex.
- There can be other psychological causes related to the lack of sexual interest in females such as suffering from an anxiety disorder or in a depressive state for a considerable period of time. Also, any stressful situations related to personal life or professional life such as in relationships or at the workplace, lower self-esteem, any past illness or history of sexual assault or sexual abuse, etc can also lead to this problem.
- The relationship issues can play a very important role in the sexual interest of a female as poor communication with the partner, conflicts among partners, and trust issues.
Therefore, one must always consult a health practitioner regarding this problem as healthy sex life is an important part of everyone's life. So, you should always take care of your sexual health.