Doctor in Bristle Cone Hospital
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Bristle Cone HospitalYour feedback matters!
Most of us suffer from lower back pain at some point in our lives; be it from a sedentary lifestyle, spending hours at the office desk or from strenuous physical exercises. In most cases, a little bit of rest does the trick. However, if the lower back pain persists for 3-6 weeks, physiotherapy is recommended.
How does physiotherapy help?
The main purpose behind physiotherapy is reducing lower back pain and increasing muscle and bone function, so that such instances are avoided in the future. Physiotherapy is the first line of defence against lower back pain. More drastic measures such as surgery are undertaken once physiotherapy fails to do is job.
Physiotherapy is often recommended when the back pain is caused due to lifestyle factors, a minor injury like a fall or other moderate factors. For more severe back injuries, doctors recommend surgery straight away when there is no scope of performing physiotherapy.
A physical therapy program for back pain usually has two components:
Passive physical therapy to help reduce the patient's pain to a more manageable level
Passive Physical Therapy - Modalities
The physical therapist may focus on decreasing pain with passive physical therapy (modalities). These therapies are considered passive because they are done to the patient. Examples include:
Active Physical Therapy - Back Pain Exercises
In addition to passive therapies, active physical therapy (exercise) is also necessary to rehabilitate the spine. Here are some of the common exercises for back pain:
Back Stretch: Put your hands underneath your head while lying back. Bend your knees but put your feet on the ground. Roll your legs to one side and hold them there for 10 seconds. Repeat three times for each side.
Deep Lunge: For this, you need to kneel on one knee with the other foot pointed towards the front. Lift the back knee up and hold it there for five seconds and then bring it down. Repeat this exercise three times for each side.
One Leg Stand: This is the simplest of exercises. Hold on to a wall for support while standing and face towards it. Then slowly hold one leg and bend it behind you. Hold in the same position for five seconds before bringing it down. Repeat the process three times for each leg in five second gaps.
WHY ? CANCER SCREENING- Checking for cancer in people who have no symptoms is cancer screening .Can help doctors find and treat several type of cancers early, before they cause symptoms. Early detection is important because when abnormal tissue or cancer is found early, it may be easier to treat .By the time symptoms appear, cancer may have begun to spread and be harder to treat.
In Whom? - In Diseases where following principles can be followed like Disease should be important health problem in terms of frequency .Natural history of disease presents window of opportunity for early detection. Effective treatment should be available that favorably alters natural history of disease. Treatment should be more effective if initiated earlier than during the symptomatic stage .Suitable screening test - Cheap/Easily Available/Reproducible/Socially Acceptable
Caution!! Easier Said than Done due to False positive results - anxiety /unwanted additional tests False negative results - false reassurance, leading to delays in diagnosis
Over-diagnosis - cancer detected was slow growing and would not have harmed that person in his or her lifetime
Some screening tests may cause bleeding or other health problems – Sigmoidoscopy/Colonoscopy Cost burden on healthcare/ Radiation Exposure of some tests / Incidental Lesions
When? & How? - In cancers like Breast,Prostate,Colon and Cervix
I have slip disc in my left back, lumbar lordosis. Sometimes the pain is severe that I can't tolerate. Also there are pain in joints. Please help. The pain sometimes increases a lot.
Meri mom ki lower back se nerve khichti h.Bht jda pain h or abi cera gem centre me Therapy krwai toh relief milta h but pain ni ja rha h.or Therapy krwate waqt straight late Nahi pati pain hota h bhut or bithte waqt bhi pain.
I have muscle pain in the left side of my upper back due to lift some weight since 4 months. Doctor suggested me to take Starzox Tablets. Is it ok?
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden but develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.
What is Articular Cartilage Injury?
Cartilage is an important structural unit of the body. It is present in places like the joints, the spine, the end of ribs, in the bronchial tubes, and the ear and the nose. Cartilages are firm, but flexible tissues. There are many types of cartilages found in the body. Among them articular cartilages are the ones that are present on the surface of the bones. As the name suggests articular cartilages exist to render articulation to the bones and retain their lubrication. Complexities arise when these cartilages are damaged, behind which many causes can play an active role. For example, a sport injury can damage the cartilages around the knees. Other causes include the twisting of the Anterior cruciate ligament and a progressive knee injury. Articular Cartilage Injury can also be an isolated event.
Since there are no blood vessels in the cartilages, it takes quite long for them to heal. Symptoms Pain and inflammation of the knee Locking of the knee Generation of noises when the knee is moved
The best treatment option for damaged cartilages is RICE therapy if the injury is not too severe. rice can be broken down into Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation.
- Rest: One needs to rest the affected area in order to prevent further injury. However, Rest does not indicate complete immobility. One needs to put as much strain as is within one’s capacity.
- Ice: Ice must be applied on the affected area every 15 minutes following injury for at least 48 hours. Ice works as a vasoconstrictor, as well as a pain reliever.
- Compression: The next step is wrapping a bandage around the affected area. But it is to be remembered that the compression must not be too tight. Compression reduces inflammation and it also safeguards the joint from injury. Professional help might be sought to properly bandage the area.
- Elevation: After the area has been bound well, the leg has to be raised to prevent the fluid from accumulating in the affected area. The leg must remain in that position for as long as the doctor recommends.
- Ibuprofen or pain killers might be prescribed to the patient.
For severe cases, interventional methods like osteochondritis dissecans surgery might be attempted. The objective of this surgery is to attach the detached fragment. Another surgery that works to restore the damaged cartilage is marrow stem cell transplant whereby the stem cell is implanted in the cartilage defect. Multiple arthroscopic modalities of treatment are now available for cartilage repair which are customised according to the specific condition.
I am 20 year old male I had an lumbar microdiscectomy on 20th June 2018 and even after my surgery I do still have the symptoms on going as before as I have a neurogenic bowel and neurogenic bladder incontinence and erectile dysfunction after my surgery till now. What should I do now?
Erectile Dysfunction: What Every Man Should Know
Erectile dysfunction is an enormous fear of men everywhere, of any age. More than 30 million men in the United States alone suffer from it, and the odds of it happening usually correspond with age: Even with excellent penis care, the older a man gets, the more trouble he might have with getting it up.
The supplement industry has jumped on the fears of ED and pushed all sorts of pills and other medications that claim to help - but true ED goes far beyond what a 'miracle pill' can fix.
It's time to get serious about understanding erectile dysfunction in order to make an empowered, appropriate decision on how to handle it.
1) Myth #1: One bad night equals a problem. Who hasn't had a problem with getting it up? It happens to everyone on occasion, no matter how physically fit a man is or how much he desires his partner. It usually happens after drinking too much, dealing with some jerk at the office, or being so tired it's hard to walk straight, much less do anything else. It might be ED only if the problem persists for three months or more.
2) Myth #2: It's a penis problem. Though what is happening to the body shows up in penis problems, the fact is that ED usually stems from other medical issues. High blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar can all damage the smaller blood vessels in the body, including those in the penis. The result can be ED. Other factors might come into play as well, such as low testosterone or even depression.
3) Myth #3: Bad habits have nothing to do with this. Though it would be nice to believe that all those vices don't reach beyond the moment, that's just not true. Smokers tend to have more problems with ED than non-smokers. The uses of illicit drugs, marijuana and alcohol have all been linked to erectile dysfunction. Drop the habits and the penis might rise again.
4) Myth #4: Testosterone supplements work. That depends. A man who has been diagnosed with Low-T - anything less than 300ng/dl, as per lab tests - might benefit from prescription-strength supplements. However, many who suffer from Low-T also have other medical issues that can lead to ED, and testosterone won't make those go away.
5) Myth #5: The 'Little Blue Pill' is the only option. The marketing machine behind Viagra, Cialis and other common ED treatments has definitely done its job, as most men now believe that those little pills are the only way to ED salvation. But for many, the pills don't work. What then? There are many other drugs that work wonders, including injectable medications. (And no, those injections don't hurt nearly as much as most men think they will.)
6) Myth #6: Getting it up means it isn't ED. Not so fast there, hoss. Erectile dysfunction is defined as the inability to become erect and keep that hardness through satisfying sex. But what does that mean, exactly? Some men are able to get it up but can't get hard enough for penetration. Others get it up just fine, but can't keep it up very long. Some simply aren't able to get hardness at all. All of these problems are considered ED.
7) Myth #7: This is all psychological. Unfortunately, this statement is often made by intimate partners who are confused by ED and see it as a personal slight. Nothing could be further from the truth. Men who have ED often have powerful desire for their partners, which leads to terrible frustration when the equipment doesn't work as planned. Though ED might have some psychological elements, the problem is much more than that.
Maintaining excellent penis health
Unfortunately, there is no magic pill or cream that will ease the issues of erectile dysfunction. However, maintaining overall good health - including good penis health - is essential to ensuring that everything possible is done to curb the problem of ED. Keeping the skin smooth and supple is the job of a high-quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven safe and mild for skin), especially one with numerous vitamins and a soothing emollient. Look for crèmes that include Shea butter for moisturizing, acetyl L carnitine for protection, and natural hydrators, such as Vitamin E.
कमर दर्द जैसी समस्याएं आदमी को बेचैन कर सकती हैं. क्योंकि हमारे ही शरीर में वो हिस्सा है जो पैरों को शरीर से जोड़ता है. इसकी शिकायत सिर्फ बड़ी उम्र के लोग ही नहीं बल्कि युवा भी करते रहते हैं. कमर दर्द की मुख्य वजह बेतरतीब जीवनशैली और शारीरिक श्रम न करना है. अधिकतर लोगों को कमर के मध्य या निचले भाग में दर्द महसूस होता है. यह दर्द कमर के दोनों और तथा कूल्हों तक भी फ़ैल सकता है. बढ़ती उम्र के साथ कमर दर्द की समस्या बढ़ती जाती है. नतीजा काम करने में परेशानी. कुछ आदतों को बदलकर इससे काफी हद तक बचा जा सकता है. आज हम आप को बताते हैं कि किन घरेलू नुस्खों को अपनाकर आप कमर दर्द से निजात पा सकते हैं. आइए आज हम आपको इस लेख के माध्यम से कमर दर्द के कुछ आयुर्वेदिक ईलाज के बारे में बताएं.
कमर दर्द से बचाने वाले घरेलू उपाय
रोज सुबह सरसों या नारियल के तेल में लहसुन की तीन-चार कलियॉ डालकर (जब तक लहसुन की कलियां काली न हो जायें) गर्म कर लें. ठंडा होने पर इस तेल से कमर की मालिश करें. ऐसा करने से आप कमर दर्द दूर कर सकते हैं.
2. नमक और गर्म पानी
नमक मिले गरम पानी में एक तौलिया डालकर निचोड़ लें. इसके बाद पेट के बल लेट जाएं. दर्द के स्थान पर तौलिये से भाप लें. कमर दर्द से राहत पहुंचाने का यह एक अचूक उपाय है.
3. नमक की सिकाई
कढ़ाई में दो-तीन चम्मच नमक डालकर इसे अच्छे से सेक लें. इस नमक को थोड़े मोटे सूती कपड़े में बांधकर पोटली बना लें. कमर पर इस पोटली से सेक करने से भी दर्द से आराम मिलता है.
अजवाइन को तवे के पर थोड़ी धीमी आंच पर सेंक लें. ठंडा होने पर धीरे-धीरे चबाते हुए निगल जाएं. इसके नियमित सेवन से कमर दर्द में लाभ मिलता है.
ध्यान में रखने लायक बातें
5. अधिक देर तक एक ही पोजीशन में बैठकर काम न करें. हर चालीस मिनट में अपनी कुर्सी से उठकर थोड़ी देर टहल लें.
6. नर्म गद्देदार सीटों से परहेज करना चाहिए. कमर दर्द के रोगियों को थोड़ा सख्ते बिस्तर बिछाकर सोना चाहिए. ऐसा नियमित रूप से करना भी काफी लाभदायक साबित होता है.
7. योग भी कमर दर्द में लाभ पहुंचाता है. भुन्ज्गासन, शलभासन, हलासन, उत्तानपादासन, श्वसन आदि कुछ ऐसे योगासन हैं जो की कमर दर्द में काफी लाभ पहुंचाते हैं. हलांकि ये हमेशा ध्यान रखें कि कमर दर्द के योगासनों को योगगुरु की देख रेख में ही करना है.
8. कैल्शियम की कम मात्रा से भी हड्डियां कमजोर हो जाती हैं, इसलिए कैल्शियमयुक्त चीजों का सेवन करें. इससे भी काफी लाभ मिलता है.
9. कमर दर्द के लिए व्यायाम भी करना चाहिए. सैर करना, तैरना या साइकिल चलाना सुरक्षित व्यायाम हैं. तैराकी जहां वजन तो कम करती है, वहीं यह कमर के लिए भी लाभकारी है. साइकिल चलाते समय कमर सीधी रखनी चाहिए. व्यायाम करने से मांसपेशियों को ताकत मिलेगी तथा वजन भी नहीं बढ़ेगा.
10. कमर दर्द में भारी वजन उठाते समय या जमीन से किसी भी चीज को उठाते समय कमर के बल ना झुकें बल्कि पहले घुटने मोड़कर नीचे झुकें और जब हाथ नीचे वस्तु तक पहुंच जाए तो उसे उठाकर घुटने को सीधा करते हुए खड़े हो जाएं.
11. कार चलाते वक्त सीट सख्त होनी चाहिए, बैठने का पोश्चर भी सही रखें और कार ड्राइव करते समय सीट बेल्ट टाइट कर लें. नियमित रूप से ऐसा करना बहुत लाभदायक सिद्ध होता है.
12. ऑफिस में काम करते समय कभी भी पीठ के सहारे न बैठें. अपनी पीठ को कुर्सी पर इस तरह टिकाएं कि यह हमेशा सीधी रहे. गर्दन को सीधा रखने के लिए कुर्सी में पीछे की ओर मोटा तौलिया मोड़ कर लगाया जा सकता है.