Doctor in Babuji Maternity Hospital
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Babuji Maternity HospitalYour feedback matters!
It is a growing concern that today even kids as young as ten years old suffer from graying of hair.
It was a very rare phenomenon even a few years ago but it is increasing every day. While there are many reasons that cause early graying of hair, the most common reason is possibly pollution, lack of proper nutrition and stress.
Today even children are not out of bounds of stress and hence graying of hair starts as early as in a ten-year-old. But to prevent graying of hair you have to know about it a little.
Hence read on to know more:
- Every hair follicle has melanocytes, which are hair pigmentation producing cells. When a hair strand grows out of a hair follicle, melanocytes inject melanin into the strand that makes the hair colored.
- Usually, with age, the melanocytes slowly stop producing the melanin, thus making the hair strands turn the first grey and then white.
- But due to some reasons like some kinds of illness or stress or lack of nutrition, the melanocytes might stop producing enough melanin before time. This is what causes premature graying of hair.
- The kind of illnesses that might cause premature graying of hair includes hyperthyroidism, hormonal imbalances, hypothyroidism, and pernicious anemia and so on.
- It can also be caused by excessive damage to the hair that happens from the effect of using chemical dyes frequently, keeping the scalp unclean and effect of some high dosage drugs.
- Since the reasons of premature graying of hair are varied, it is suggested that for the treatment you consult a good trichologist first before trying anything for yourself.
- For one thing, using dyes that contain ammonia to color your hair would be a mistake that would further aggravate the problem. But unfortunately, that is what most people do.
- If you too are facing the problem of premature graying of hair, make sure you consult a good trichologist to find out the reason behind the problem.
- Once the reason is clear it would be much easier to find a solution too. If the only option you have is to color your hair, make sure you use a color that contains no ammonia.
- Hence using something natural like the henna would be a good idea. And if you are fortunate to still have a mane of hair that has not started to gray yet, make sure you take proper care of it.
Botox is a wrinkle treatment, but is used for treating a range of medical conditions. It has been in use for well over 18 years and is considered to be safe when performed under the guidance of a medical practitioner. Apart from aesthetics, a range of other facial, migraine and dermatological problems can be addressed by Botox.
Botox limits facial expression: The primary objective of a Botox treatment is to enhance the look of a person and not the contrary. When administered by a skilled physician, you can still smile and animate like before. Botox in no way affects the sensory nerve. The muscle beneath the point of injection gets relaxed and remains active. The apprehension of limited facial activity is baseless.
Botox travel through your body: This again is a myth. Botox diffuses not more than 1cm into the skin. Due to its localized nature, it does not affect any other parts of the body other than the intended area.
Botox has toxic content: Botox, like any other drug, is safe when taken under supervision. Like other drugs, it too gets scanned by the drug regulatory authorities. It is neither dangerous nor contains any toxic substance.
Dermal fillers involve intense pain: Dermal fillers are not as painful as advocated by many people out there. It does have its fair share of discomfort but a medical practitioner always uses a topical anesthetic and other anxiety related medications during the treatment.
Downtime for Botox is fairly long: Botox is known as the afternoon injection for its convenience and easy procedure. Botox procedure has no downtime at all. Doctors often suggest against lying down for a good 2-3 hours after the injection. Dermal fillers might result in minor swelling but there are medicines to counter that too.
Botox is permanent in nature: Botox effects lasts for 4-6months. For people who take Botox shots regularly, it tends to last longer.
Dermal fillers and Botox are the same: While people these days use them interchangeably, they are not the same. For instance, Botox lessens the effect of wrinkles by relaxing the facial muscle whereas dermal fillers add volume to the tissue and restores the muscle.
Botox is applied only when Facial lines are visible: This is not necessarily true. If the family of an individual has a history of facial lines, it makes sense to start Botox for facial line prevention. This delays the actual facial line appearance and requires fewer Botox shots going forward.