Doctor in Bhadrakali Physiotherapy Clinic
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Bhadrakali Physiotherapy ClinicYour feedback matters!
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement.
These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.
Are you experiencing a swollen and painful joint and are looking for an effective way to treat it? You can choose homeopathic treatment, which is considered to be ideal for joint pain and inflammation, as it does not have any side effects. When a joint swells up, gets inflamed, or damaged due to an injury, joint pain is experienced. Aging and several medical conditions such as gout, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, general injuries, and sprains are common causes of joint inflammation and pain. A wide range of homeopathic medicines is used for the management of joint pain and inflammation.
Rhus Tox- This homeopathic medicine is very effective in treating joint pain. Both acute and chronic joint pains are cured by this medicine. It is used when a patient experiences marked stiffness in the joints along with intense pain. The medicine treats all kinds of joint pains, starting from rheumatic reasons to injuries caused due to overexertion. Usually, the joint pain gets better with movement and worsens if you are immobile.
Sanguinaria Can and Ferrum Met- Sanguinaria Can is used for treating joint pains which occur in the shoulder. It is most effective in the case of right-sided shoulder joint pains. The right-sided shoulder of the patient may feel stiff and the pain worsens with any kind of motion. The right shoulder joint pain increases during the night. On the other hand, Ferrum Met is used in the case of left-sided shoulder pain. The patient experiences stiffness and cracking in the left shoulder joint along with great pain. The pain increases if you raise your arm and with any kind of movement.
Bryonia and Ruta- These homeopathic medicines are used for the management of joint pain in the elbows. Bryonia is used when the elbow joint pain increases even without movement. It provides sustained relief. The pain is also accompanied by stiffness and swelling in the elbow joint. Ruta, is an effective homeopathic medicine which is used for elbow joint pain treatment, especially when the pain is located near the condyles. Stretching and raising your arms trigger the pain. This medicine is also used in case of inflamed and sore tendons near the elbow joint, which cause pain.
Other homeopathic medicines such as Actaea Spicata and Rhododendron are used in the case of treating joint pains in the wrist. You should consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner before taking medicines for joint pain.
The knee is the largest joint of the body and is made up of upper and lower bones that are separated by two discs known as menisci. While minor knee pain may be experienced by many people, it should be handled with medical intervention when it becomes a serious and debilitating problem.
Sudden injury or injury due to overuse as well as myriad conditions that affect the joints and muscles can bring about knee pain. Underlying conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis, which affect the bones and joints, can also cause knee pain. The symptoms include painful swelling and stiffness as well as severe discomfort.
Let us learn more about the causes of knee pain and the ways in which it can be managed:
- Injury: Exercise and sports injuries are one of the most common causes that can be the start of acute knee pain, as well as chronic condition. These kinds of injuries can affect the ligaments and cartilage which leads to severe pain. The pain can even affect the way one functions in one's daily life. Knee ligament injuries can also cause this kind of pain. These ligaments are bands of tissues that connect the thigh bone with the lower leg bones. Sprains and tears in the ACL or PCL are common in sports injuries, and may even require surgery in many cases. Knee Cartilage Tears can also take place in the hard yet flexible cartilage of the knee which can affect the meniscus around the knee. This condition may also require surgery.
- Arthritis: This condition can affect the knees specifically and is one of the most common types of arthritis. This is a chronic condition which gets progressively worse over time and may even require surgery. Stiffness and inflammation are common symptoms. Rheumatoid arthritis is also a degenerative auto-immune disease that can affect the knees and cause knee pain. Furthermore, post traumatic arthritis can also be experienced after an injury. Osteoarthritis is another common condition that leads to knee pain. It basically occurs due to wear and tear of the knees over a prolonged period and is usually experienced by patients over the age of 50.
- Managing Knee Pain: While pain medication and anti-inflammatory drugs may be prescribed for most cases, along with the surgery in long run, it is also possible to manage knee pain with the help of better lifestyle choices like regular knee and muscle strengthening exercises as well as REST - rest, ice, compression and elevation. These methods can help in relieving inflammation and pain. But very severe cases will require medical intervention, so it is imperative to get in touch with your doctor if the condition does not improve.